TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Six Flags Magic Mountain (SFMM) Discussion Thread

^I was thinking about going on opening weekend, but then I thought to myself

FUDGE THAT! Those crowds are going to be more than horrendous, and I probably wont be able to ride many rides.

I'm saving my money for a later in July, hopefully a Tuesday or a Wednesday. I want to go crazy riding both 4D coasters at the park. Going to be so much more fun!

I wonder what winter is going to be like with 18 coasters to ride with no lines. Marathon time, anyone?

^I was thinking about going on opening weekend, but then I thought to myself

FUDGE THAT! Those crowds are going to be more than horrendous, and I probably wont be able to ride many rides.

I'm saving my money for a later in July, hopefully a Tuesday or a Wednesday. I want to go crazy riding both 4D coasters at the park. Going to be so much more fun!

I wonder what winter is going to be like with 18 coasters to ride with no lines. Marathon time, anyone?

Nah. Half the rides will be down and the rest will have one train operation. This is Six Flags, mind you.

Visited the park today for a quick run through. Got to the line at 10:20, was at the end of the discover line, and walked through the gate just as the other gates were opening. Ran up to tatsu for the 2nd flight of the day. I noticed a guy in the back wearing a i305 shirt. Headed down to apoc and got on in the back. After the ride the guy with the i305 shirt came to the back to ride again with me. We ended up riding 6 or 7 times in various rows until there were no open seats. His name was Tom and he was telling me he was doing a 3 week west coast tour of parks. Thanks tom it was fun chatting with you on the lift hill and getting a little morning session in on apoc. Tom headed over to deja and I went to riddlers. Hit up riddlers twice, scream 5 times, then to colossus and finished up with Goliath. All of this in less then 3 hours . Was another great day in the park. The main lot was not full yet at noon and Goliath was only a 20 minute wait for the front row at 12:30. I'm still really enjoying myself at mm, but really looking forward to going to sfot next week to see a park with some more theming and new rides, NTAG here I come!

Kept an eye on GL all day but did not see any test runs. The park was clean, was greeted by several of the staff and ride ops seemed to be smooth through the day.

I also got the ride naming survey.. some interesting names that all suggest a tower of some sort.

To reiterate from the previous page, here are the choices...

Vertical Velocity, Stratos Fear, LunasSEE, SkyScreamer, Mastermind Bender, Drop of Doom, Cataclysm.

Vertical Velocity and SkyScreamer seem so 'generic' in terms of a drop ride.

Tough choice. Which would you choose?

I plan on going friday after 1ish. the lines will be awful but i can't wait to ride GL. and honestly you can have a blast at the park during the summer but just leave a little after lunch. I went with a friend last thursday we got there at about 10.30-11.00 we got on Superman 6 times. RR once. Scream once, Apocalypse once. all almost walk ons. and the bumper cars about 8 times and RRE. Hope to meet up with some of you all on friday though

If this is all true, the name "Stratos Fear" suggests it will be a very tall drop ride, 300-400ft, possibly even taller?

I like that name the best.

Stratus...being lifted so high you are almost is the stratosphere

Fear... the fear of heights, the fear of being dropped from that high up.

It seems to fit.

Seems enough to theme as well, so not much work needed there...lol

^ Let's put it this way:

I'll be at GL Media day on Thursday ... not really planning on going back to the park until at least September, or perhaps one of those golden late-August days. The park in Late June/July/early August is hot, crowded and generally un-fun.

And honestly, if it wasn't for Media Day, I wouldn't have bothered going to try and ride GL until then.

Hmmm. This gets me thinking. I really want to come down soon, not only for GL, but to take some friends who have only experienced SFDK and show them where the real coasters are at in California. I was planing on coming in July sometime, preferably 1 or 2 weekdays. We are currently trying to save up for a Gold Flash Pass. If we go, get there early, sprint to rides not featured on the flash pass (I was thinking up the summit to S:EFK, then down to Deja Vu, then over to GL), and then pick up the Flash Pass, will we have enough time to hit everything in the park at least once? Thanks guys.

^^Weekdays are your best bet - you might be able to get away with not buying a flash pass.

Make sure you, or another member of your party, has a Discover card - it will (should) get you in the gate earlier.

If you don't get a flash pass, run to X2 first as long as you're there early. If you miss it (even by ten minutes), go the opposite direction and come back to X2 later in the day.

^^Weekdays are your best bet - you might be able to get away with not buying a flash pass.

Make sure you, or another member of your party, has a Discover card - it will (should) get you in the gate earlier.

If you don't get a flash pass, run to X2 first as long as you're there early. If you miss it (even by ten minutes), go the opposite direction and come back to X2 later in the day.

Hey neighbor did you get accepted for the commercial?