TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Six Flags Magic Mountain (SFMM) Discussion Thread

^^You're right. One person can't change a park. One thing I think get's really overlooked is the fact that the park president has vey little to do with day-to-day front line operations. If you want the infrastructure to change significantly, you'd have to change a lot more than just who signs the parks orders.

Regarding cell phone use when supervisors aren't around, I saw a young guy using his phone at the Tatsu station. He had to have been a supervisor because he had a dress shirt and tie on..

It really is a disgrace seeing the lackadaisical attitudes of a lot of the employees.. it's as if they are forced to be there..

^ Add Tidal Wave to the Batman queue and you've got the space for something pretty big...

I believe there's even a cafeteria and break area behind Food Etc. I'm guessing the employees get bored over there and head to Goliaths station to hang with, and distract, their co workers.

Yup, the employee cafeteria is behind Food Etc., worked there in '85 through '86. (Actually in '85 Food Etc. was called Oasis.)

For those of you youngins out there, that was when MM bragged about adding their FIFTH coaster... Shockwave!

Sean

Regarding cell phone use when supervisors aren't around, I saw a young guy using his phone at the Tatsu station. He had to have been a supervisor because he had a dress shirt and tie on..

It really is a disgrace seeing the lackadaisical attitudes of a lot of the employees.. it's as if they are forced to be there..

FYI - Supervisors are allowed to use their phones while on duty. Many ways this is how they communicate with other supervisors around the park. There are times and places for using them, and the park doesn't want (nor do they allow) their front line employees to use them.

So, before jumping to conclusions, it's entirely possible that the supervisor was not doing anything wrong at all.

--Robb

Screamscape is now reporting that PROJECT 18 "IS" alive and on track, promising to bring a 'VERY UNIQUE" attraction to the Gotham area of the park! Let the guessing game begin!!!

Dive machine. Going in the area where Tidal Wave and Freefall used to be. That's my guess.

Screamscape is now reporting that PROJECT 18 "IS" alive and on track, promising to bring a 'VERY UNIQUE" attraction to the Gotham area of the park! Let the guessing game begin!!!

Dive machine. Going in the area where Tidal Wave and Freefall used to be. That's my guess.

Don't stop until they have the entire B&M product line.

^Oasis is the name of the employee cafeteria now. Eat there at your own risk.

I use to actually enjoy Oasis. On days when I was running sound for a cheer event or a concert we would get a 5 dollar gift certificate for Oasis, it always amazed me at just how much food you could buy there for $5!

As far as cell phone use, I actually used my phone a handful of times there for work related purposes. When I worked on Road Kill Kitchen (when it was near Ninja) I had to call security for help a few times for potential heart attacks from people who came up the hill and began to feel ill. They would ask me to call for help, and since I only occasionally had a radio, I would just use my cell phone. Generally speaking however, I'm guessing most people are not using their phone for work related purposes.

Anyone ever been to the mountain on labor day weekend? I've always avoided going on a busy holiday weekend. But haven't been able to go on a weekday for the past few years. I'm sure its going to be busier than a normal weekend, Debating on getting a gold flash pass as I don't go to the park often anymore and want to get everything in. Anybody recommend it for going this Sunday the 5th. Thanks in advance!

Well, I was glad to read that the new management does recognize that SFMM has unique competition and they have to deliver an attraction that stands out. SFMM is basically the only park in CA., especially southern CA, that doesn't have to deal with height restrictions, actually has space to expand beyond it's current borders, or deal with noise complaints, and the Nimby crowd is pretty minor.

Since SFOG just announced Dare Devil Dive, could it be that maybe Six Flags got a deal for purchasing more than one eurofighter from Gerstlauer? Just a thought...

As soon as I saw that the ride was going into Gotham City for 2012, I immediately thought it might be a eurofighter based on the Batman movie coming in 2012. Since SFOG is getting one, I could totally see one at SFMM. The only problem, however, is that the capacity on these rides isn't that great.

If it's not a eurofighter, I hope it is a dive machine.

^^ Not sure a Eurofighter would meet the expectations of those spoilt SFMM regulars.

A Eurofighter would be just fine for this spoiled SFMM regular.

I would be happy if SFMM got either a Eurofighter or a Dive Machine since we don't really have a coaster like that at SFMM.

Don't stop until they have the entire B&M product line.

Did I say B&M?

^^ Not sure a Eurofighter would meet the expectations of those spoilt SFMM regulars.

The exact same thing was said about Maverick going into Cedar Point when it was announced. Since Maverick wasn't the "tallest, fastest, record breaking" anything, people were skeptical. Now it's the hit of the park.

--Robb

Edited by robbalvey

FYI - Supervisors are allowed to use their phones while on duty. Many ways this is how they communicate with other supervisors around the park. There are times and places for using them, and the park doesn't want (nor do they allow) their front line employees to use them.

So, before jumping to conclusions, it's entirely possible that the supervisor was not doing anything wrong at all.

--Robb

I should have elaborated..

He was kneeling down behind the control booth texting.. He wasn't making a phone call.