TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

NEW TPR VIDEO! Nasu Highland, Japan Posted!!!

Hey everyone! As our new DVD is now shipping, "Coaster Expedition Volume 7: Around The World with Theme Park Review", we have posted the first sample segment from our new DVD:

Nasu Highland Japan Video or "Coasters In The Snow!":

http://www.themeparkreview.com/videos/video.htm

This was the INSANE day we had during our winter Asia trip where we ended up riding coasters with MOUNTAINS of snow all around us and 32 degree weather!

Crazy? HELL YES!!!!

It certainly made for some "interesting" video antics! There is also some great POV of the park's INSANE near vertical drop coaster "Big Boom!" We had no idea this ride even existed at the park (well, we knew it was there, but we had no idea how messed up it was) so be sure not to miss it!

Enjoy the new video! Enjoy all the POV in it, and enjoy the antics in the snow! And of course, don't forget to order your copy of the new DVD:

http://www.themeparkreview.com/videos/volume7.htm

--Robb

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Btw, was it just me or did Elissa say "credit in the snow" on the powered coaster??

She says "Wheee...credit in the snow...well, it's not a credit...."

Listen to it again!

Youre right! I was just too shocked to hear that that I forgot to listen to the rest!

That's awesome. I loved riding coasters around snow-season. Nothing beats a coaster count credit and then getting a cupload of hot chocolate after the ride..lol

We used to ride the BGE-coasters in the winter time (before train tear-downs and when rebuild/testing). Good thing none of us got frostbite, but we did look like terrorists wearing those full-faced snowmasks. One time we had a snowball fight on the BBW (between the front car and us riding the back car). It was such a blast and a good way to relieve the stress from the day/week. Nessie and AC was too much to handle though with the wind/frigid temperatures and I would never do that again, but the Wolf was fun.

I think that one was one of my all time favorites.

Also, just to give credit where it's due, while I might have filmed all the footage in that segment, Elissa gets props for the editing! And for putting up with almost dying that day!

--Robb "She always gets the fun segments!" Alvey

I think the most hazardous part of the day was actually walking up the stairs and around the walkways from all of the ice/snow lying around. The one thing that I thought was funny that the driver of that snow-cat taking snow out of the park (good thing he didn't hit anyone).

And since most high-school and college students are in class(es), who are they going to hire to run the rides/shops/food service?

BGE tried this experiment a long time ago (operation during weekdays through October) and our managers/GM were the ones giving us our lunch breaks..lol

Ever try to train a GM/EVP to run the LNM?..lol

Actually I believe the reason wouldn't have anything to do with staffing. Think about it, if the park were open year round and could offer full time work you'd have a lot more adults willing to work so staffing would not be an issue.

I believe the reason you'll never see parks in the US open like they are in Japan is because of liability. Think about it, I almost killed myself like 4 times on ice and snow. The part of the video where you hear me say "I almost died" was because I fell down 4 steps that were icy! Now if I had fallen and hurt myself, I would have laughed and known it was my fault. Most Americans however would have sued the park for everything and anything!