TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Flooding!

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Yah, my apartment complex is located on the Long Island Sound, and the wind was so bad, that a branch broke, and smashed some of my windows, and ripped the soft top off of most of my roof. In addition, a huge tree limb came down, and messed up the steering wheel, and a bunch of other good things in the car. But that happened a few days ago, and insurance is covering it.

I live about a mile from the Delaware and it's pretty bad...my house is OK, but there are lots of people flooded out of their homes for the 4th time in 3 years (when these kind of floods used to happen every 50 years). Guess there might be something to the whole global warming/climate change thing no matter how much the current administration insists it's all a lie.

Besides Knoebel's, Bushkill park was also flooded out again, and they had just re-opened after being closed all of last season from the last flood...

LOL, Global Warming...

I'm sorry, but Global Warming is nothing more but a ploy invented by Al Gore to get a democrat into office to turn our country into the next Soviet Union.

Everybody, EARTH IS A LIVING THING. It goes through weird cycles and stuff like this happens, putting everybody into a panic. Hell, a lot of meteorologists say Global Warming is a crock of sh**.

And seriously, you should watch the South Park episode about Global Warming...

LOL, Global Warming...

I'm sorry, but Global Warming is nothing more but a ploy invented by Al Gore to get a democrat into office to turn our country into the next Soviet Union.

WHAT

Dude... stop listening to the Savage Nation on the AM dial. It will rot your brain.

LOL, Global Warming...

Everybody, EARTH IS A LIVING THING. It goes through weird cycles and stuff like this happens, putting everybody into a panic. Hell, a lot of meteorologists say Global Warming is a crock of sh**.

That has to be the most unintelligent thing I have ever seen.

I'm about a mile away from the Delaware, and right now I'm basically on a quarter-mile island. That's a good thing because I'm not one of the people that got the water. I haven't left my house in about 36 hours because since I didn't evacuate, I can't get anywhere. The town of Matamoras is closed and the roads to get anywhere else have massive flooding.

This is the kind of stuff that is going on in my town right now and is about a 1/4 to a 1/2 mile away from me...

http://recordonline.com/photo/floodingmata/pages/etemata1.htm

This is stuff that is around the area anywhere from a few miles to about 20 miles away from me...

http://www.recordonline.com/flood06/readerflood4/pages/1151523158-1.htm

I think these are photos from Matamoras, Milford and then Port Jervis, NY which is right across the bridge, which is a mile away...

http://recordonline.com/photo/portmata/pages/edfflood2.htm

Guys, let's not turn this into a political debate. I just want to make sure everyone's okay and let them know that we all have natural disasters and we're here for them.

Sorry to hear about the problems. If it makes you feel any better any minute SoCal could disappear into the ocean! (Really, I saw it on 10.5!)

LOL, Global Warming...

Technically, he's correct. Earth goes through dramatic climate changes every 50,000 years or so. The poles have even swapped ends a few times. There is quite a good number of meterologists and climatologists that believe these are isolated incidents, just all within a short period of time. (Seriously, this is the first time I've really had to use my Geography minor knowledge....).

Anywho, I agree with Elissa, let's get this back on topic. I hope everyone's doing alright out there.

Guys, let's not turn this into a political debate. I just want to make sure everyone's okay and let them know that we all have natural disasters and we're here for them.

Sorry to hear about the problems. If it makes you feel any better any minute SoCal could disappear into the ocean! (Really, I saw it on 10.5!)

Yes, I agree.

And I saw that too, I'm sure it could really happen. Thus, the plus side of living in Connecticut, a huge tidal wave comes, than Long Island takes the beating for us!! Thanks New York!

If it makes you feel any better any minute SoCal could disappear into the ocean! (Really, I saw it on 10.5!)

The good thing is that if you have a helicopter, you'll be able to fly from CA to FL in just under ten seconds, at least according to 10.5...

dt