Official RCT/RCT2 Help Thread

RCT/RCT2 queries go here. Complete 8 cars trainer pack pg13.
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Upload files from No Limits, Roller Coaster Tycoon, etc...
Discuss CoasterDynamix, KNEX Models, and more random stuff!
Which came first the turtle or the donkey?

Re: Official RCT/RCT2 Help Thread

Postby IntaminLove » Wed Mar 04, 2015 1:59 pm

thirstydeer wrote:Does it do that when you try running the game or when you try opening a park?

It happens when I try running the game.

Don't put that donkey on the floor!

Postby grsupercity » Wed Apr 29, 2015 12:38 pm

On compact inverted coasters (SLC) can you do a downward banked turn? Like on an actual SLC?
As of right now top 25
Maverick...Lightning Run...Fury325...Phantoms Revenge...Shivering Timbers...Montu...:lighting Rod...Afterburn...Mako...Storm Chaser...Goliath SFGAM...Rivine flyer2...Manta...Raging Bull ...American Thunder...Intimidator...Kumba...Millennium Force...Raptor...Voyage...Mine Blower...Renegade...Cheetah Hunt...Mr Freeze
Is that 26?

Holy crap you have a HUGE donkey!

Postby StLCPfan » Wed Apr 29, 2015 7:00 pm

The bull crap of RCT and RCT2, or should I say the BIGGEST BS, is that Arrow hyper, Arrow/Vekoma looping, Vekoma SLC, and mine train tracks do not include the banked curving rise/fall piece that all the other tracks have.

Yummy! I just ate donkey!

Postby Propeller Factory » Fri Jun 05, 2015 7:37 pm

Hi I need help with an 8 car trainer glitch. It's when there's just a tower of land on one block and it goes very high. I've fixed this but I can't remember how. Someone help.
"I woke up like this! I woke up like this."

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby ThrillsChills24 » Sun Jun 28, 2015 2:46 pm

I got a problem in RCT2 where I am unable to save my work. When I click to save the game, nothing happens. When I go to quit the game, it tells me do I want to save? I click save game and it does nothing also. I've tried a couple times to uninstall the game and reinstall it, does the same thing every time. Any ideas?

If the donkey is rockin, don't come knockin!

Location: Houston TX Former Astroworld since 1999, then Kemah Boardwalk

Postby historyfreak92 » Tue Jun 30, 2015 8:11 pm

Hey me & some other player have been trying to get on the TPR Game Exchange, what is going on, I use it for what I need!

Does Jeff Johnson count this donkey as a credit?

Postby Mikxy » Wed Jul 22, 2015 1:36 pm

In my latest park, brighton point, I have a custom ride from amazing earl, now whenever I try and open the saved game it says file contains invalid data. I'm working really hard on the park and making it a timeline that is like super important to me. Could anyone help? I also have the son of beast trainer but only used It a couple times a while ago... :cry: :cry:
Credits: 54 :cry: | Cedar Fair > Six Flags
Top 3:
1) Maverick
2) Top Thrill Dragster
3 )Millennium Force
Years without a new roller coaster at Valleyfair: 12 :elissa:

Can I park my donkey here?

Postby Lagom » Wed Aug 12, 2015 11:47 am

Propeller Factory wrote:Hi I need help with an 8 car trainer glitch. It's when there's just a tower of land on one block and it goes very high. I've fixed this but I can't remember how. Someone help.

Normally they go away by them selfs after some time.

There are two things you can do as far as I know.

- You can use Map Object Manipulation and lower that tile or
- you can click on Debug -> Eliminate duplicate Suface Data -> Landscape -> Cap land at max height
Download my RCT2 Liseberg recreation here

Follow my latest RCT2 project here and here. It's a recreation of a Swedish park called Gröna Lund.

“Fear can make a donkey attack a lion”

Postby LuminousAphid » Sun Aug 30, 2015 7:05 pm

Anyone know why my digital version of RCT2 has suddenly stopped saving files? It seems the files exist to the game, but they don't actually exist on the hard drive... for example, I can see the file name "High Dive" when I go to save a track in-game, but when I go there in windows it's not there. I can load the track from in-game menu, and get the overwrite prompt when I try to save over it in-game. I can even choose "Copy" from in the game, but when I try to paste it anywhere, windows tells me the file "no longer exists" at this location. Screenshots are also not showing up where they normally do.

I'm wondering if this has something to do with the game being a digital version. I think I bought it from Amazon for about $5, and it was definitely worth it. This is the first issue I have had with the game so far.

She turned me into a donkey! I got better...

Postby Terry Inferno » Sat Sep 26, 2015 1:48 am

LuminousAphid,
Have you checked your compatibility files for RCT2 tracks and screenshots? Custom files are located there on newer machines. My Windows 7 computer puts them in C:\Users\Owner\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\Program Files (x86)\Infogrames Interactive\RollerCoaster Tycoon 2 instead of C:\Program Files (x86)\Infogrames Interactive\RollerCoaster Tycoon 2\Tracks.

Local Disk --> Program Files (x86) --> Infogrames Interactive --> RollerCoaster Tycoon 2 --> Compatibility Files --> You should see screenshots and other related folders.

PreviousNext

Return to Roller Coaster Games, Models, and Other Randomness