Photo TR: Jeremy Rides all the RMC's

RMC #12, WILDFIRE!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Antonio Drum Master

Re: Photo TR: Jeremy Rides all the RMC's

Postby CoasterCrazy88 » Mon Jun 11, 2018 10:23 pm

Awesome report to follow an awesome day!

Seriously, Railblazer is unbelievably excellent. RMC continues to blow my mind with each new creation. The airtime on the outward banked hill is more intense than any moment on any of the ibox or topper coasters I've ridden thus far (and I've been on all of them that Jeremy has).

I'm so excited to ride the 2018 RMCs soon!
Coaster Count: 482
Top 5 Steels: Intimidator 305, Skyrush, Maverick, Fury 325, Medusa Steel Coaster
Top 5 Woods: Lightning Rod, Outlaw Run, El Toro, Phoenix, Voyage

Did my donkey title just change???

Postby Skittles » Wed Jun 13, 2018 3:43 pm

Wow, it's been a while since you updated this thread Jeremy ;)

Having ridden RailBlazer, I agree for the most part. I wasn't quite blown away by it, as the restraints weren't very comfortable on my shoulders, but I agree about the first drop being so insane along with a lot of the other elements being the same. Great report, however!
Coaster Count - A lot

Top 10 under construction

Nothing beats Cali coasters

Postby chickenbowl » Mon Jul 02, 2018 8:59 pm

Hello again. I just got back from a crazy coaster trip - EUROPE. And wouldn't you know it...Another RMC!! With this trip report, I'll keep it simple. I'll mostly talk about Wildfire and then a quick blurb of my feelings of other noteworthy coasters. Here we go!

Wildfire.
Like many US-based enthusiasts, I have seen these incredible coasters get built on the other side of the globe that seem so impossible to ever ride. Well with a lot of planning, hope, luck, and privilege, I can tell you that it IS achievable - And not as hard as you might think. Lately, as I have been lucky enough to ride more and more across the US, my eyes have been set on Europe as the next place I must visit. And that's hugely because of this coaster, Wildfire.

Located in the middle of the Swedish peninsula and accessible by train/bus is Kolmården, a zoo... with a massive god damn RMC. The park is beautiful and has a ton of great animals, but let's be honest, I'm here for Wildfire. Starting off with a massive lift hill and a very scenic turnaround helps orient you in a forest along a series of large bays, but while you're distracted with the views a massive drop pops in a gets it going. Coming out the the drop is my favorite stall I've been on which is very whippy and very long. The next turn has incredible force and launches you into an outward banked hill with ejector airtime in the strangest way. Your body is heading outward as the train pulls inward diving down through a foggy shed (This part feels like the fastest part of the coaster). Next is a twisty hill into a quick double-up and wave turn triple-combo. The pacing through this section is incredible. We take a small break with a floaty zero-g and head back towards the front of the ride before diving up under the lift and curling right down next to the station. The following zero-g is taken with incredible speed and throws you hard right up the hill where the train loses a bit of momentum. We end with a slalom section into the brakes and a big goofy smile. Wildifre's series of elements feels like a perfect flow and a great match of airtime, positives, and inversions. I got 20 rides in a few hours and couldn't be happier.

Some people may ask: Is it as good as Lightning Rod? Nope. It’s simply not as intense or have as much airtime, although it’s very long and super amazing. Each ride feels built for a different purpose and it's not really worth comparing them too much. All that needs to be said is that RMC continues to dominate. Wildfire was insane and easily managed a spot in my top 5 wood coasters.

My current RMC rankings:
1. Lightning Rod
2. Outlaw Run
3. Wildfire
4. Medusa Steel Coaster
5. RailBlazer
6. Iron Rattler
7. Twisted Colossus
8. New Texas Giant
9. Joker
10. Storm Chaser
11. Goliath
12. Wicked Cyclone
IMG_4610.JPG
Walking through Kolmården offers some amazing views. Sweden is a gorgeous country.
IMG_4604.JPG
[RMC #12] I cannot believe I'm here! AHH! (Also, it's like a mile trek from the entrance to where this coaster sits)
IMG_4631.JPG
Overview of the coaster layout (sorta). Shows how close to the terrain the ride remains after a few large elements.
IMG_4596.JPG
Here is the first drop - 83 degrees is always a great way to kick the ride off.
IMG_4601.JPG
This outward bank thing took me by surprise and offered some of the craziest airtime on the whole ride.
IMG_4593.JPG
This turn had a nice pop into some positives. I loved the pacing here.
IMG_4618.JPG
Backside view gives you some understanding of the terrain usage!
IMG_4661.JPG
I'll leave you with my favorite view from the Safari gondola ride. This coaster is a dream

Onto a quick recap of other European things
IMG_3657.JPG
Bakken is old as hell (435 years old) and had some fun coasters! This one was smooth for it's age.
IMG_3900.JPG
Tivoli was a magical tiny park in Copenhagen. The vibe felt like Disneyland in a city with all the restaurants and rides compact together.

Dæmonen was very small, but it flowed well enough and had great pathway interaction. Rutschebanen was excellent! Mountain theming incorporated felt so classic and perfect
fullsizeoutput_f1a.jpeg
Europa had a lot of amazing coasters - Blue Fire became my 500th coaster! Silver Star is exceptional, lots of ejector in the back. Wodan had great pacing and an amazing queue.

But the park is a lot more than coasters! Arthur may be my favorite dark ride ever. And the food, ahh!
IMG_4285.JPG
Tripsdrill was a fantastic little park. A ton of charm. Karacho was also damn good - Better than HangTime and is now my favorite Gerstlauer. G'Sengte Sau was super fun too.
fullsizeoutput_f1c.jpeg
After years of waiting for it, I finally rode GeForce! Verdict: Insane, very satisfying, and a simply fun ride
IMG_4388.JPG
The sustained ejector on this hill... my god

This coaster ended up as my favorite of the trip and placed as my #7 overall.
IMG_4438.JPG
Taron was speedy and fun! Could use a bit more airtime, but it’s at least very long and gorgeous. 22 rides with hotel ERT.

Every ride at Phantasialnd was awesome, Black Mamba is not talked about as much as it should
IMG_4495.JPG
Not a bad little Intamin Mega! Goliath has 4-5 really good spots of airtime and a beautiful setting. Basically a ‘mini-Superman the Ride’
IMG_4491.JPG
Troy was a solid mid-tier GCI. Nice pacing, but I prefer like 4 or 5 others. Still relatively smooth for its age though!
IMG_4563.JPG
Helix was phenomenal. I didn't know I could like a 7-inversion coaster this much. Also, multiple spots of ejector airtime and great pacing! Top 25 coaster for me.
IMG_4569.JPG
Balder was my second Intamin Prefab and it did not disappoint. Airtime buffet with a side of headchoppers. Another top 25 coaster.

Also, Liseberg is a f*cking incredible park.
IMG_4703.JPG
Last day at Gröna Lund. I love this tiny little park! So many drop towers and a maze of fun coasters - All with a classic boardwalk feel.

Jetline and Vilda Musen were wonderful! Twister was... weird. It had pacing of a Knex coaster with bizarre kinda airtime. Just ughh. Ikaros (tilting drop tower) was my favorite ride at the park!
IMG_3464.JPG
One last thing, traveling isn't always about coasters for me, so here's a little taste of what else I did. Preikestolen in the fjords of Norway - So amazing!

Good bye! Until the next RMC comes along... Looking at you Steel Vengeance
Chasing Airtime
Steel Vengeance|Intimidator 305|Maverick|Skyrush|Twisted Timbers
Lightning Rod|Outlaw Run|El Toro|Phoenix|Wildfire

Did the donkey fairy give me this title?

Postby pfalcioni » Mon Jul 02, 2018 11:19 pm

That final pic is breathtaking!

Founder of the Cult of Skank Mountain

Postby boldikus » Tue Jul 03, 2018 4:08 am

Great update with some excellent photos.

I know more about donkeys than women!

Postby Condor » Tue Jul 03, 2018 3:28 pm

Interesting thoughts on Wildfire. Good report!

Out of curiosity, how would you compare Expedition GeForce to Goliath @ Walibi and Blue Fire to Helix?

Nothing beats Cali coasters

Postby chickenbowl » Tue Jul 03, 2018 5:24 pm

Thanks, guys!!

^ I really liked Goliath, but it definitely felt a little lacking when compared to EGF. The helices were fun, but nothing special and the twisty hills didn't have airtime. There's a long middle section without anything too interesting. The 4 or 5 airtime spots and the stengel dive are fantastic though. EGF barely has a dull middle section, but it's a monster.

I really enjoyed Blue Fire, but it had nothing on Helix. Blue Fire didn't really have any airtime and a couple slow/floaty bits. The last roll on Blue Fire was nuts though. Helix felt fast the whole time and had legitimate ejector - And don't get me started on Helix's helix... My god. I didn't mention Lost Gravity, which I thought was really enjoyable! Kinda like Mack's version of a Eurofighter/El Loco thing. Lost Gravity had some great wonky elements, comfortable seats, and great airtime! I feel qualified to have a quick Mack breakdown now:

1. Helix
2. Lost Gravity
3. Blue Fire
4. Manta (SD)
5. Space Fantasy
6. Euromir
7. D'wervelwind (Toverland)
8+. Mice, water coasters, etc.
Chasing Airtime
Steel Vengeance|Intimidator 305|Maverick|Skyrush|Twisted Timbers
Lightning Rod|Outlaw Run|El Toro|Phoenix|Wildfire

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby Canobie Coaster » Wed Jul 04, 2018 4:09 am

Great report! Wildfire really is one of the best coasters. Since I visited on a grim, rainy day, it's nice to see the coaster on a sunny day. It's too bad I couldn't even see the water in those conditions when I visited.

^ And don't forget Mack has hypers popping up too. With how comfortable their vehicles are and their glass smooth ride, the world needs more Macks.
Top 5 Wood- Lightning Rod, Boulder Dash, Phoenix, Wildfire, Outlaw Run
Top 5 Steel- Steel Vengeance, Expedition GeForce, Twisted Colossus, Iron Rattler, Fury 325
Most Recent Trip Reports- Stricker's Grove & Camden Park

Open Up Happiness

Postby jedimaster1227 » Wed Jul 04, 2018 7:49 am

A great addition to this awesome ongoing report! Wildfire looks fantastic! :lover:
Change the scheme, Alter the mood! Electrify the boys and girls if you would be so kind!

Previous

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!