Halloween Horror Nights 20 - Opening Weekend MEGA THREAD!

Page 2. Two new HHN reviews and photos.
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Can you see the donkey in my toast?

HHN 20 - Opening Weekend MEGA THREAD!

Postby disneyfan1313 » Fri Sep 24, 2010 10:50 pm

Welcome to the opening weekend of Halloween Horror Nights at Universal Orlando MEGA THREAD! TPR regulars will be bringing you coverage of the opening weekend of Halloween Horror Nights XX all weekend long!

For those of you who don't know, Universal Orlando is celebrating the 20th anniversary of the premiere Halloween event in the world - Halloween Horror Nights. In my opinion - it really is the best of the best out there. Completely new houses and scare zones each year, new and creative characters, "icons" and awesome shows.

This and many other reasons is why the TPR Staff continuously vote Halloween Horror Nights as the #1 Halloween event of the year on the Golden Ticket Ballot.

It really is THAT great!

This event stretches throughout late september and early october and is worth a trip to Orlando to experience. With the popularity comes the crowds - it is HIGHLY recommended that you get an express pass or the RIP tour to get through all the houses and scare zones in one night. On peak Saturday nights wait times will stretch over 2.5 hours for some houses!

I will be posting some of my thoughts about the houses and scare zones later on in this thread - but now I want to share with you some of the fun (and scares!) that we had this evening...

You will notice there are no photos in the houses - Universal has a very strict no photos or video of ANY type policy in the houses.
DSC04340.jpg
Uh-Oh! A Storm is brewing over Universal Orlando... Could it be FEAR himself?
DSC04341.jpg
It really is the nations premiere event. It's insane the amount of time and money put into this each year.
DSC04342.jpg
Stacey does not want the gross blood cup!
DSC04343.jpg
A little plain at the entrance this year.. just a screen playing the video.
DSC04344.jpg
Stacey's new name is "Guest"!
DSC04346.jpg
Part of the fun of arriving early is seeing the scare zones before the scare-actors get in them.
DSC04347.jpg
NOTED!
DSC04348.jpg
The media kick-off event took place in the Pantages Theater which is usually home to the Horror Make-Up Show.
DSC04352.jpg
Jack is ALWAYS back!
DSC04356.jpg
Here is FEAR himself! Nice and Creepy! The little minions around him look very cool after dark.
DSC04357.jpg
The director is my favorite icon - in the Fear Revealed scare zone you can meet them all.
DSC04358.jpg
The storyteller was a bit upset that I liked the director more!
DSC04359.jpg
Each icon has their own little "setting" where they hang out. Here is the Storytellers.
DSC04361.jpg
Universal does a great job with the directional signage for HHN - very tough to get lost!
DSC04362.jpg
This is what Rip Ride RockIT would look like if it was in an apocalyptic waste land!
DSC04363.jpg
Brian Brushwood (host of Scam School) is doing two different magic shows each night.. collect them all!
DSC04364.jpg
The event hasn't started and the lines are already getting long for Zombiegeddon!
DSC04365.jpg
Saws and Steam is the attempt at a Steampunk themed scare zone... great details.
DSC04367.jpg
No! Don't stick your head in there!
DSC04368.jpg
Something is missing... hmmmmm..
DSC04369.jpg
A look down the Saws and Steam scare zone before the scareactors arrive. This years theme was smoke.. everywhere.
DSC04370.jpg
The Esqueleto Muerte scare zone was already hopping!
DSC04372.jpg
Not very heavy on scares - but pretty fun!
DSC04373.jpg
One nice thing about HHN is the scare zone scareactors will always pose for photos with you.
DSC04376.jpg
Chainsaw drill team was extra fun this year with a military theme and some new moves.
DSC04383.jpg
It's starting to get dark and creepy! The large XX looks really cool with the fire f/x.
DSC04386.jpg
This year they are trying a VIP lounge. For 9.99 you get private access to a cash bar and lots of cool displays to look at.
DSC04387.jpg
The museum is REALLY impressive and worth the $9.99
DSC04389.jpg
There are items from almost every year. Some never seen before as well.
DSC04390.jpg
From my favorite year... the director.
DSC04391.jpg
The really cool totems that FEAR has on his belt. They represent each icon.
DSC04397.jpg
The details and concept art are amazing.
DSC04400.jpg
They will have special speakers and presentations in the lounge on certain nights.
DSC04403.jpg
I'm a hungry raptor - give me some candy apples!
DSC04404.jpg
The wolfman is a bit angry with Stacey!
DSC04406.jpg
Love this guy from the 13th year.
DSC04410.jpg
The icon looks even cooler at night!
DSC04415.jpg
No trip to HHN is complete without a visit to the blood bag shot girls!
DSC04417.jpg
45 Minute wait? That is why we STRONGLY RECOMMEND you get an express pass or RIP tour!
DSC04418.jpg
NOTED! They were even more strict than usual this year at Bill and Ted's!
DSC04421.jpg
The entrance of Zombiegeddon had really cool details like this Zombie trap!
DSC04423.jpg
Stacey got to meet a musical zombie in ZombieGras!
DSC04420.jpg
I will end this photo TR with a pic of a shark... 'nuff said.
Last edited by robbalvey on Fri Oct 01, 2010 4:06 pm.

Team Alcide!

Re: HHN 20 - Opening Weekend MEGA THREAD!

Postby live2tell75 » Sat Sep 25, 2010 5:36 am

What a great start Reed! Looks like both you and Stacy had a fun time! The museum up-charge looks pretty cool, I may have to check it out. Both Eric(k) Johnsons will be checking everything out tonight - can't wait to go! Thanks for giving us a glimpse into all the opening night festivities!

Beware of the Magic Donkey at Lotte World!

Postby BBparks57 » Sat Sep 25, 2010 6:11 am

Awesome Photo TR! It was a pretty awesome night and you got quite a bit of it, can't wait for more!

This year was pretty awesome, the only disappointment for me came from BIll & Teds, but I'm not sure if that's 2010's fault or the shows. All the houses were def. epic, I have 2 more to get done! The event was awesome though, I can't wait to go back and visit!

Full Fledged Hand Dryer enthusiast

Postby grinch1313 » Sat Sep 25, 2010 10:07 am

Great photos, Reed. HHN looks amazing this year.

FIRE HAIRED BOY

Postby krazekiddd » Sat Sep 25, 2010 10:18 am

Awesome read! Really looking forward to the 7th!!

2007 TPR MidWest Tour | 2008 TPR East Coast Tour |2009 TPR West Coast Tour | 2010 TPR USA Trips | 2011 TPR Tokyo | 2012 Europe Trip

Open Up Happiness

Postby jedimaster1227 » Sat Sep 25, 2010 10:44 am

So, like Reed and Stacey, I was able to visit Universal Orlando for the opening night of Halloween Horror Nights. In brief, the event was awesome once again--I plan on doing a more in-depth writeup with more photos, but today I'm just going to upload the first taste of my first night at Horror Nights. Due to heavy rains, I didn't get to take as many pictures as I normally do, but that's why I'm going back tonight--for plenty more!

So enjoy this first set of photos from the larger report to come over the course of this Horror Nights season!
IMGP5037.JPG
Over at CityWalk, they've put up a new billboard advertising the event.
IMGP5040.JPG
The screen at the gate has returned, but unfortunately, it is the only front gate theming this year.
IMGP5042.JPG
It is nice to see familiar faces, but I've seen this video online for a week or so now.
IMGP5044.JPG
The Fear Revealed scarezone is definitely my favorite, because I appreciate so much of Horror Nights past.
IMGP5045.JPG
Can you pick out any props that you've seen in my previous years' reports?
IMGP5046.JPG
Its so much history!

What does it mean?
IMGP5048.JPG
I'm excited to be back!
IMGP5052.JPG
"What is my future?"
"You don't have one!!!"
IMGP5049.JPG
XXXXXXX!!!!
IMGP5050.JPG
Gory details galore!
IMGP5051.JPG
My favorite!
IMGP5055.JPG
For some reason, Brian Brushwood was invited back for the third year (he appeared as one of the Freak Show acts during the Carnival of Carnage). I didn't enjoy his show the first (or second, or third) time, but since Malice and Menace are supposed to be two new shows, I'm gunna give him two more chances. I'm generous. What more can I say?
IMGP5056.JPG
The Chainsaw Drill Team has assembled!
IMGP5059.JPG
A second after this photo was taken, they broke formation to charge at guests watching innocently. It was a quite amusing scare!
IMGP5061.JPG
I'd never seen this character before, but he is from year 13.
IMGP5060.JPG
And he's almost as big as Fear himself!
IMGP5063.JPG
I took a photo with the Queen of Hearts back in 2008...
n1102770031_30092049_8231.jpg
See? This was taken in 2008 during Reflections of Fear.
IMGP5075.JPG
And I got another photo with Jack, finally!
jack.jpg
I had taken this photo with him at my first Halloween Horror Nights year, the Carnival of Carnage.
IMGP5066.JPG
IMGP5067.JPG
"Wanna play?"
IMGP5068.JPG
IMGP5069.JPG
The Wolfman is back!
IMGP5070.JPG
IMGP5071.JPG
I was so glad to see Alice again, especially because she was portrayed by the same scareactor as she was in 2008.
IMGP5072.JPG
Dead Silence: The Curse of Mary Shaw is one of my favorite houses of all time, so it was great to see her out and about once more!
IMGP5073.JPG
Not sure where this creature is from, but she is cool.
IMGP5074.JPG
Body Collector!
IMGP5077.JPG
Chance was back this year as well, though it was a difference actress.
IMGP5078.JPG
They still make a great pair!
IMGP5081.JPG
Cindy was a little underwhelming outside, but it might have been that the daylight didn't help.
IMGP5084.JPG
This was my first encounter with the Storyteller, and it was nice.
IMGP5085.JPG
I see two familiar faces!
IMGP5086.JPG
This isn't a wax figure.
IMGP5087.JPG
Eddie's back!
IMGP5088.JPG
As is the Usher!
IMGP5089.JPG
Here comes Fear!
IMGP5090.JPG
Looks kindof short here, right?
IMGP5091.JPG
But he's actually pretty tall!
IMGP5092.JPG
The Caretaker was pretty interesting as well...
IMGP5094.JPG
The pumpkins on the path from the Pantages Theater to E.T. have returned.
IMGP5095.JPG
Although there is no facade for the parade building house this year, it isn't necessary as the concept is that it is in fact, the Halloween Horror Nights warehouse.
IMGP5101.JPG
While waiting in line for Zombiegeddon, we were given a rare view of the Disaster/Earthquake vehicle pulled out of the ride building for refurbishment.
IMGP5104.JPG
Bill & Ted was a bit disappointing this year, but I'm gunna give it a few more chances in the hopes that the actors get better at it.
IMGP5105.JPG
Time to head out for the evening! See you later tomorrow!
Last edited by jedimaster1227 on Sat Sep 25, 2010 10:50 pm.
Change the scheme, Alter the mood! Electrify the boys and girls if you would be so kind!

I had sex with N-Tag before you did.

Postby Jakizle » Sat Sep 25, 2010 10:53 am

Great reports guys! I cannot wait to go in about...3 hours! I really hope the weather today holds up better than yesterday...I didn't feel so bad about not going. These will be my first houses outside a Six Flags production :P

I know quite a lot about Donkeys!

Postby Wumbology » Sat Sep 25, 2010 1:22 pm

Nice pictures! Question- Why isn't Bloody Mary represented in this event at all? She was a pretty strong icon, right?

Take pictures of my feet

Postby nay » Sat Sep 25, 2010 1:26 pm

Looks awesome!! I can't wait to go!

Now with Extra Retarded Flavor

Postby Guy T. Koepp » Sat Sep 25, 2010 4:23 pm

I'm sad I'm not going this year. :cry:

It's awesome TPR has created this thread so that we fans of HHN Florida can live the terror through it's reps. Thanks for all you do Reed, Stacy, and Adam. The pictures are awesome! I can't wait to see the rest.

Guy "Next year is another story!" Koepp :b

Next

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!