TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Knott's Berry Farm (KBF) Discussion Thread

P. 651: Montezooma's Revenge project terminated?

Did the VR Ghost Town cowboy robot thing a few days ago. Two thoughts on it:

1. lol @ the attraction not actually being in ghost town

2. It wasn't a waste of money, I had a decent enough time. I would say though, the recently released Farpoint totally blows it out of the water. Knott's experience is great for only being six bucks though compared to what you'd need to spend to play Farpoint.

Did the VR Ghost Town cowboy robot thing a few days ago. Two thoughts on it:

1. lol @ the attraction not actually being in ghost town

Isn't it supposed to be set in the 1920s and you travel back in time to the old West? That's what I was told. If that's the case then it makes sense that the actual attraction is located in the 1920s

2. It wasn't a waste of money, I had a decent enough time. I would say though, the recently released Farpoint totally blows it out of the water. Knott's experience is great for only being six bucks though compared to what you'd need to spend to play Farpoint.

What is Farpoint, besides a really cool TV show.

Question, is it possible the ground where Boomerang sat could be used as a station for the new coaster? Is it possible the new ride could be constructed on both the unused land across the street and re enter into the former Boomerang area?

Question, is it possible the ground where Boomerang sat could be used as a station for the new coaster? Is it possible the new ride could be constructed on both the unused land across the street and re enter into the former Boomerang area?

It's possible but not likely. Unless they build a big parking structure Knott's needs those lots for parking in the summer.

What is Farpoint, besides a really cool TV show.

Farpoint is the new PlayStation VR 1st person shooter that came out this week... pretty damn good actually....

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

^Wrong thread...

He also posted that same link in the SFMM thread. I'm not sure why, but I'll leave that to the moderators since it is not my place.

Anyway, I was noticing on the web cams today that Coast Rider seemed to be running a little faster than usual. Today was its first day of operation after its scheduled rehab, for what it's worth. The magnetic brakes seemed to be hitting less harshly, or maybe the cars were just filled with 4 adult riders most of the time. Either way, I just thought this was something interesting to point out. Some of the cars were really flying around the turns noticeable faster than normal.

Edit: The park is open until 10 tonight, so you still have an hour to look at the web cams and check it out. They seem to still be running this way.

The new Knott's Soak City opens today. I'm hoping I'm able to head down there tomorrow, if all works out. It looks fantastic!

Those slides do look great. Please, report back to us in detail!

Work is piling up more than I anticipated, so from the looks of it, I won't be able to go until the weekend of the 3rd. So close yet so far...

I'm especially looking forward to the drop capsule slides. SFMM has had them for 3 years now and I still haven't been on them yet!

^Wrong thread...

I would have gone back and edited my initial comment to say "deleted" and or something along those lines rather than leaving it and making a new post saying "oops wrong tbread". But that's just me. I've also noticed that not a lot of people seem to use the edit feature.

^Wrong thread...

I would have gone back and edited my initial comment to say "deleted" and or something along those lines rather than leaving it and making a new post saying "oops wrong tbread". But that's just me. I've also noticed that not a lot of people seem to use the edit feature.

Bgtlover can't edit a comment he didn't make.

Why does that have to be in the 1 thread in the park it is at? Just sharing news of a new ride getting stuck as I only found out by seeing it randomly browsing. Just for conversation in case people miss it. To me a multi-million dollar ride getting stuck is big news. Nothing wrong with sharing. Sorry you are bothered I put it in this thread like people don't share info from other parks too.

Why does that have to be in the 1 thread in the park it is at? Just sharing news of a new ride getting stuck as I only found out by seeing it randomly browsing. Just for conversation in case people miss it. To me a multi-million dollar ride getting stuck is big news. Nothing wrong with sharing. Sorry you are bothered I put it in this thread like people don't share info from other parks too.

giphy.gif

^My thoughts exactly! It is called the "Knott's Berry Farm Discussion Thread" after all...

Anyway, I heard on Instagram that Mondial will be coming in sometime soon and tweaking Sol Spin's program to include a longer ride cycle. Whether that is true or not, I don't know. Just thought I'd mention it. I guess the short cycle was just a "test" phase?

Anyway, I heard on Instagram that Mondial will be coming in sometime soon and tweaking Sol Spin's program to include a longer ride cycle. Whether that is true or not, I don't know. Just thought I'd mention it. I guess the short cycle was just a "test" phase?

A soft opening of sorts.

I stopped in on Monday, May 22nd, hoping to get a few rides in before the busy summer season but I guess the guests have already arrived. At 1 pm, Ghostrider was at 130 minutes wait with two trains operating and two stories of the station full of people. The rest of the coaster were 40 - 50 minutes with exception of Monte around 20 minutes. I didn't take any photos because not much has happened since my last set. There is a little more wood on the BBQ place but that is about it.

I assume they will get that final support piece that's been lying on the ground all weekend out of there tonight. Then they can start ground clearing of the station and surroundings.

I'm curious to see if they work at all tonight with the park closing at 8 pm now on the weekdays. Makes me wonder when they will work next, looking at the webcams it looks like all the support pieces are gone.

I assume they will get that final support piece that's been lying on the ground all weekend out of there tonight. Then they can start ground clearing of the station and surroundings.

I'm curious to see if they work at all tonight with the park closing at 8 pm now on the weekdays. Makes me wonder when they will work next, looking at the webcams it looks like all the support pieces are gone.

I actually don't why they can't work during the day now.