Six Flags New England (SFNE) Discussion Thread

P. 674 - Joker Media Day
Users viewing this topic: Chasehat, Pear and 8 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Don't make me kick you in the donkey!

Re: Six Flags New England (SFNE) Discussion Thread

Postby DILinator » Tue May 23, 2017 3:58 am

Canobie Coaster wrote:
coasterbill wrote:
sfriday1998 wrote:Riding Joker in 10 days for the first time. My first ever 4D credit...
Then it's Green Lantern and X2 another 10 days later

Wow... well enjoy your ride on Joker because it's all downhill from there. :lol:

There's a chance he loves X2. Or he could hate it. There's really no in between on that ride.

I must be the exception to the rule, then, because I neither love the ride, nor hate it. It's just "ok" in my book. I mean, I'd probably rank it in the bottom of my Top 5 at SFMM based on the last time I went there (Pre TC and YOLO), and there were moments on it I enjoyed it. But then again, there were moments on it where I was like...
:vekoma:
At least it's light years better than the dumpster fire that is Green Lantern!
:mike:
Top 10 Coasters! 1.Fury 2.Millennium Force 3.Maverick 4.The Voyage 5. Lightning Rod 6.Storm Chaser 7.El Toro 8.Phantom's Revenge 9. Goliath (SFGAm) 10. Ravine Flyer II Honorable Mentions: Shivering Timbers, Kraken Underrated Coasters: Steel - Manta, Wood - White Lightning

I love donkeys more than me.

Postby Canobie Coaster » Tue May 23, 2017 6:31 am

Wow you are the exception. I love X2 for the intensity and the ride is "bouncy" on outside seats but never enters uncomfortable territory for me.

I always start of Green Lantern thinking it will be better but then it crushes my nuts on the first raven turn.
Top 5 Wood- Phoenix, Boulder Dash, El Toro, Voyage, Cornball Express
Top 5 Steel- Fury 325, Millennium Force, Twisted Colossus, Skyrush, Superman the Ride
Top 5 Parks- Disneyland, Knoebels, Cedar Point, Magic Kingdom, Holiday World

I teach at the school of donkey!

Postby BoulderDash » Wed May 24, 2017 6:29 pm

I went to a commercial/b-roll shoot for the Joker yesterday and rode 24 times. The ride is very smooth but is not spinning as much as they were advertising. They were saying 4-8 spins before but that is not even close. I rode the green side 14 times and spun twice each time and I rode the purple side 10 times and did not spin at all. It is a little disappointing because the pov they posted showed around 10 spins, they have been saying 4-8 spins, and their website says up to 6 spins or more. But overall it is a solid addition that guests will love.

Founder of the Cult of Skank Mountain

Postby boldikus » Wed May 24, 2017 6:57 pm

^ All of that is exactly what happened with Great Adventure's Joker last year. Maybe the similarities will continue and yours will start breaking down all the time like ours does.
Look for the humor in anything and you will find it.
Maverick - El Toro - Skyrush - I305 - Phantoms Revenge
Millennium Force - Storm Runner - Nitro - Volcano - Griffon

Postby Canobie Coaster » Wed May 24, 2017 9:36 pm

With Flashback trying to set a record for breakdowns at the park this year, that's the last thing we need.
Top 5 Steel- Fury 325, Millennium Force, Twisted Colossus, Skyrush, Superman the Ride

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby coasterbill » Thu May 25, 2017 6:44 am

Canobie Coaster wrote:Flashback trying to set a record for breakdowns at the park this year

Hold my beer

Postby Canobie Coaster » Thu May 25, 2017 8:09 am

Haha though I haven't seen Goliath have break down yet this year. It was down due to weather but that's to be expected with that ride.

Postby alilstronger » Thu May 25, 2017 8:31 am

For the locals... does this park tend to get crowded over Memorial Day weekend usually? I've only been to this park once and it was with TPR so we had lots of extras. I am from Baltimore and used to Six Flags America never getting crowded where you need the Flash Pass.

Trying to get a really rough idea if we should get one Saturday or not? We'll be at the park all day Saturday and Sunday until closing and we want as many rides as possible on the coasters - especially at night. We're making Saturday a dry side day and Sunday the water park day.
I may not know everything about coasters... what I do know is they are my life...

Favorite Steel: Maverick - CP
Favorite Wooden: Iron Rattler - SFFT

TPR Trips: Northeast 2011, LeviaTHON 2012

Postby coasterbill » Thu May 25, 2017 8:57 am

You could easily ride every major coaster on Saturday with time for some re-rides but Flash Pass would be extremely beneficial if you want as many rides as possible.

Keep an eye on prices though since I honestly think this park smokes the good stuff when it comes to Gold and Platinum Flash Passes (the regular and Gold Flash pass are actually more expensive than at Great Adventure which is completely insane). I'd suggest hitting Joker at rope drop, riding Mind Eraser before VR starts at 2 PM and getting a regular Flash Pass.

You'll basically never get burned on a Flash Pass at this park since rides like Pandemonium, Goliath and Thunderbolt pretty much always have lines even on slow days because of their low capacity and it's a a guarantee that every coaster in the park will have a decent wait on Saturday.

Macaroni and Donkey

Postby Chasehat » Thu May 25, 2017 9:20 am

alilstronger wrote:For the locals... does this park tend to get crowded over Memorial Day weekend usually? I've only been to this park once and it was with TPR so we had lots of extras. I am from Baltimore and used to Six Flags America never getting crowded where you need the Flash Pass.

Trying to get a really rough idea if we should get one Saturday or not? We'll be at the park all day Saturday and Sunday until closing and we want as many rides as possible on the coasters - especially at night. We're making Saturday a dry side day and Sunday the water park day.

It looks like it's going to rain here Saturday so you probably shouldn't need one but budget for one anyway.

I was there on the Sunday of Memorial Day weekend last year with beautiful weather and never waited more then 15-20 minutes for Superman or Wicked Cyclone but if you're doing the water park it could be packed because Sunday is supposed to be nice.
Top 5 Coasters: 1. El Toro 2. Superman the Ride 3. Wicked Cyclone 4. Fury 325 5. Nitro

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!