Warner Bros. Movie World (WBMW) Discussion Thread

P. 48 - DC Rivals POV footage! Forward & Backward!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 0 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
I know quite a lot about Donkeys!

Movieworld Australia, New for 2016 - VILLAINS UNLEASHED!

Postby Colse35 » Tue Feb 23, 2016 12:03 am

Warner Bros. Movie World is set for a villainous take-over with the announcement of the world-first DC Comics Super-Villain Unleashed themed area and the Doomsday Destroyer attraction launching in October 2016.

DC Comics Super-Villains Unleashed, an immersive themed area, will become home to the Doomsday Destroyer, a monstrous looping ride like nothing else that will unleash an army of DC Super-Villains upon Warner Bros. Movie World. The aim is to leave mass destruction in their wake in order to prove that sometimes it’s good to be bad.

With Village Theme Parks Unlimited Memberships almost sold out time is running out to get yours and be among the first to receive Super-Villain Central and the Doomsday Destroyer updates and information. Premier and Elite members will also be eligible for exclusive access to the attraction once it opens as part of their members-only benefits.

Beware of the freeze-dried donkey!

Re: Movieworld Australia, New for 2016 - VILLAINS UNLEASHED!

Postby RyanTPM » Tue Feb 23, 2016 5:49 am

^Any idea on what type of ride this will be? sounds interesting

I'm a know-it-all about donkeys!

Re: Movieworld Australia, New for 2016 - VILLAINS UNLEASHED!

Postby CoasterDirected » Tue Feb 23, 2016 6:05 am

Sounds like a Larson Looper.
All hail Larry Larson!
Top 10 Favorite Coasters
Steel:
1. Fury 325 2. Maverick 3. Millennium Force 4. New Texas Giant 5. Mako 6. Top Thrill Dragster 7. Cheetah Hunt 8. Diamondback 9. Banshee 10. Storm Chaser
Wood:
1. Goliath 2. Outlaw Run 3. Voyage 4. Mystic Timbers 5. Thunderhead 6. Beast 7. Boss 8. Cornball Express 9. Legend 10. American Thunder

I've gone pantless!

Location: In the lair of the Huge Hummel Boy (which is conveniently located near Williamsburg, Va.)

Re: Warner Bros. Movie World (WBMW) Discussion Thread

Postby cfc » Tue Feb 23, 2016 8:02 am

The new area sounds like a good idea. DC does have a great Rogues Gallery. I was thinking Super Loop when they mentioned the Doomsday ride, too.

I Love Donkeys!

Postby original » Tue Feb 23, 2016 4:26 pm

Well back in 2013 a 145m tower was proposed themed to Doomsday. A description for the rides reads:
"The ride experience would feature a low speed setting perfect for those who want to get a bird’s eye view of the Gold Coast. The ride would also feature a high speed setting to get hearts racing for thrill seekers. On the low speed setting, the ride would travel slowly up and down the tower and then rotate slowly at the top of the tower, while on the high speed setting it would zoom to the top of the tower then spin at a high speed. Riders would be seated in one of three gondolas which each feature twelve seats. Riders sit in individual seats where their legs hang free and they are secured by a chest harness. A height restriction of 110cm would apply for safety reasons. During the day the ride would operate in both “scenic” mode and “thrill seeker” mode at pre-designated times."

This was however was suppose to go into the helix of Superman. This ride appears to be going between Scooby Doo & Wild West Falls, in front of the unused Stage Show. The press release talks about looping and an interview talks about being inverted, so this plan is obviously out.

Most people seem to be guessing an Intamin Suspended Twin Hammer.
post-1-0-11403800-1378797928.jpg
post-1-0-19005700-1378797957.jpg
post-1-0-80718100-1378797965.jpg

I love donkeys more than me.

Postby azza29 » Tue Feb 23, 2016 5:21 pm

The rumour doing the rounds is that the new attraction will be an Intamin Suspended Twin Hammer: www.intaminworldwide.com/amusement/RoundRides/Suspended+Twin+Hammer/tabid/141/ProductNumber/Suspended+Twin+Hammer/language/de-DE/Default.aspx

If this is indeed what they're adding, it certainly fits the space they're currently preparing for the ride. I'm cautiously optimistic - Movie World definitely needs some flat ride capacity, and it would add some much-needed "kinetic energy" to that corner the park as well.

I've gone pantless!

Location: In the lair of the Huge Hummel Boy (which is conveniently located near Williamsburg, Va.)

Postby cfc » Tue Feb 23, 2016 5:25 pm

^That would make more sense to me than a Super Loop, at least when it comes to theming.

Annoying, impatient and needs to be kicked by a donkey.

Postby I305forever » Tue Feb 23, 2016 8:16 pm

Awww... I was really hoping that they were sticking the the old plan. That ride looked so cool.
Still confused about why vekomas headquarters hasn't been burnt down by an angry mob of enthusiasts

I've gone pantless!

Postby cfc » Wed Feb 24, 2016 5:54 am

^Yes, it's too bad those plans didn't work out. I like Movie World quite a bit--especially Superman Escape.

I Love Donkeys!

Postby original » Thu Feb 25, 2016 2:33 pm

It looks like this flat isn't the only thing we'll see from Movie World, with a development application for a Roller Coaster approved. RCDB says it will open in 2017 and is an extreme steel sit down coaster.

They also had applications in for a lakeside precinct, entertainment precinct and Hotel.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!