Six Flags Discovery Kingdom (SFDK) Discussion Thread

P. 645 - Batman: The Ride Roller Coaster for 2019!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Indiana Jones and the Temple of the Forbidden Donkey.

Re: Six Flags Discovery Kingdom (SFDK) Discussion Thread

Postby WayCool64 » Thu Jan 07, 2016 7:12 pm

SafariRob wrote: Guests have been begging them to bring back the Action Theater for years, and I believe they wanted to, but the ROI just didn't make sense. Remember, it was shut down because it was too costly to maintain.

I find this statement rather interesting IMO. So the people were begging for SFDK to bring their Action Theater back, while most people didn't care about CGA's Action Theater, even though they're basically the same attraction.
Love animation and video games? Check out my Dinosaur Planet fanseries project: http://dpfanseries.webs.com/

To serve with excellence

Jason X versus the Robot Space Donkey!

Postby Fire2box » Fri Jan 08, 2016 12:24 am

CrazedZooChimp wrote:Screamscape is hinting that it's going to be Pacific Rim themed...

http://www.screamscape.com/html/six_flags_discovery_kingdom.htm

given that Pacific Rim 2 is now officially dead, I'll be very, very happy for a Pacific Rim "ride". The movie plot was kinda meh, not great but not down right horrible (Remember James Cameron's Avatar). But at the end of it, its a pure spectacle experience, much like Dinospehere was.

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby SafariRob » Fri Jan 08, 2016 11:45 am

WayCool64 wrote:
SafariRob wrote: Guests have been begging them to bring back the Action Theater for years, and I believe they wanted to, but the ROI just didn't make sense. Remember, it was shut down because it was too costly to maintain.

I find this statement rather interesting IMO. So the people were begging for SFDK to bring their Action Theater back, while most people didn't care about CGA's Action Theater, even though they're basically the same attraction.

I haven't been to CGA since 2012 when it was a Sponge Bob theme, but it was a very popular attraction on that visit. I cannot speak personally to its popularity now. I do know that I have seen multiple discussions/threads on the web/social media (including TPR) where people are calling for the return of the Action Theater. SFDK needs more attractions that the entire family can experience together and (IMO) this will be a very popular addition to the park.

Yummy! I just ate donkey!

Postby dannyboy13 » Fri Jan 08, 2016 5:10 pm

SFDK confirms that Pacific Rim 5D coming to the iwerks theater, with sneak previews starting this weekend

Indiana Jones and the Temple of the Forbidden Donkey.

Postby WayCool64 » Fri Jan 08, 2016 5:37 pm

So how much you wanna bet this'll be another Happy Feet at CGA by taking the original film and shortening it to a 5 minute "ride"?
Love animation and video games? Check out my Dinosaur Planet fanseries project: http://dpfanseries.webs.com/

To serve with excellence

Postby Fire2box » Fri Jan 08, 2016 9:27 pm

Well, i'm going tomorrow I haven't been back since halloween. There's a storm system that could linger over the city but it should be off and on light showers after 11 am/park opening.

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby jray21 » Sat Jan 09, 2016 12:47 pm

Too bad Discover Kingdom 5D is already outdated. Just across the bay, in San Francisco, they have 7D!!!!! :lmao:

Screen Shot 2016-01-09 at 11.46.17 AM.png

www.7dexperience.com

I liked Pacific Rim so I think it'll be fun. I'm not expecting anything ground breaking, but I think it's a good movie for that attraction.

I've gone pantless!

Location: In the lair of the Huge Hummel Boy (which is conveniently located near Williamsburg, Va.)

Postby cfc » Sat Jan 09, 2016 1:16 pm

^Why am I not surprised that all this stuff is located at Pier 39? I remember when this opened as a high-class shopping-and-dining area when I was a kid. :lol:

Postby Fire2box » Sat Jan 09, 2016 7:18 pm

just got back from SF:DK, it was 100% dead in the park. Everything was a walk on, all day. Even Pacific Rim. Which is.... just a edited verison of the movie to be a ride. :lol:

I own the movie on blu-ray. The ride ends with the first and only usage of the gypsy Dangers sword attack and a brief freefall. the screen hasn't been updated and the image was therefore a bit blurry with or without 3d glasses on. sometimes you barely get any mist "rain" on you and other times it hits you square in the face. If you want it in the face, sit in row 5 in the middle.

row 3 4 and 5 are of course the best as they've always been. but row 2 is decent. Row one is the losers row. with how much you'd have to tily your neck to stare up and the motion of the ride when a monster rams trough a skyscraper to attack gypsy, you'll probably experience pain similar to Kong.

It's nice having the theater open again, but this by far doesn't do pacific rim any favors. RIP franchise that never even truly began. :cry:

PS: i'd rate it above Stargate but below Dino Island. i'd rather have Dino Island again or 7th Portal. but 7th portal is marvel so that aint happening.
Last edited by Fire2box on Sat Jan 09, 2016 7:35 pm.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!