Are you a soccer fan or do you play soccer?

Your best or worst experience.
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Games, links, news, movies, WHATEVER!!! As long as it's not TOO dirty!
New to the TPR Forums? Come say hello and introduce yourself HERE!
Not Everyone In Germany Wears Lederhosen and Eats Sauerkraut

Are you a soccer fan or do you play soccer?

Postby Hattuchili » Sat Apr 02, 2005 1:44 pm

Are you a soccer fan or do you play soccer? Let us know!

A great day at Werder Bremen (a German Soccer Team)!
Yesterday my boss asked me, whether I want to go with him to a soccer game on this Saturday? He have 2 tickets for the VIP area. Yeah, why not! :D
Today was the game and my first time in the Vip area. We could eat and drink all the time, whatever we wanted! Hmm... you can also require that for a price of € 210,- per ticket! :shock: I think I never would pay that price for one ticket, but it was so cool in the VIP area. I met some players, and the coach, and I got access to each area with my nice red VIP bracelet! All in all it was a good day! The only bad thing was that my team lost the game!
Werder Bremen 1:2 VFB Stuttgart
However, here are some pictures:
WerderBremen1.jpg
The VIP area.
WerderBremen2.jpg
The game.
WerderBremen5.jpg
Before the game, testing the applause.
WerderBremen7.jpg
Me and my boss!
WerderBremen8.jpg
The score after the 1:1 goal! There we hoped, we could win the game.
--> from good old Germany and back in Orlando!

Sorry, Not Feeling Very Creative Today!

Postby FlyingScooter » Sat Apr 02, 2005 2:17 pm

I like soccer. It's not too big here in the US.
Cleveland Ohio had an indoor soccer team and watching that was fun and incredibly scaled down.

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby viking86 » Sat Apr 02, 2005 3:56 pm

Haha I actually watched the entire first half and parts of the second half on TV. The score was 1-1 when I left.

It sounds like you had a great day, too bad your team lost.

Reride Enthusiast

Postby coasterzak » Sat Apr 02, 2005 4:35 pm

I used to be hardcore about soccer. I played 11 years and some of that was on the high school team. However, I quit to run cross-country. It's still an awesome sport to watch. Oh, how I miss those Cleveland Crunch indoor games with crazy 0tto 0rf.

Which came first the turtle or the donkey?

Postby roeterich » Sun Apr 03, 2005 3:32 am

Soccer is by far my most favorite type of sport. I am playing for more than 11 years in the same club right now. My favorite sport club is Borussia Mönchengladbach, where I have a season ticket for 4 years in a row now.
My personal highlights are the first matches in our brand new stadium, the 4:1 victory about Werder Bremen ( :lol: ) and of course the improvement from the 2nd to the 1st soccer league in Germany after 2 years in the 2nd league. We were lucky and got tickets for the game against Chemnitz in our old stadium, which offered space for only 34500 spectators but there was a huge party after the match with over 200000 fans in the city.

Sebastian"looking forward to the match against Bochum this afternoon"Rötten

If it Wasn't For Cliffs I'd Have to Drive 7 Hours for Wood!!!

Postby crispy » Sun Apr 03, 2005 3:44 am

Living in the US, I never really got into Soccer, I love Baseball and Football. Looking foward to the upcoming baseball season

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby viking86 » Sun Apr 03, 2005 5:34 am

Im a big soccer fan btw. I dont play any organized soccer, but I play with my friends once in a while. My favorite club is SK Brann from Bergen. Last season was awesome. We won the cupfinal and we came 3rd in the league :lol:

Full Fledged Katonga Enthusiast

Postby Scaparri » Sun Apr 03, 2005 9:24 am

I've become a huge soccer fan since coming to IU. We have the highest win percentage in NCAA soccer history and have seven national championships (only behind St. Louis U., who won most of theirs in the earlier days). But yeah, I've become a big fan. The games here are a blast. I have a new appreciation for the sport. Go IU Soccer!!!!

Here's a picture taken of me and Jerry Yeagley two days ago at one of the spring exhibitions. Jerry is responsible for bringing IU soccer to the level it is at. He won 6 of IU's seven national championships.
God Yeagley and I.JPG

Randomness

Postby coasterdude5 » Sun Apr 03, 2005 10:52 am

I played soccer for about four seasons. Then, I started swimming so I quit soccer. I still love going and watching tournament games with friends.

To all who come to this happy place; Welcome

Postby blackcurrent » Mon Apr 04, 2005 12:38 am

Im a big Chelsea fan.... are you a Munich fan... If so good luck for Wednesday in the Champions league.... Im sorry but it's to hard to keep my mouth shut its not soccer it's FOOTBALL. I know its mainly an American website so i'll be quiet now before R or E send me to the naughty corner...

Blackcurrent "now i've shown a weekness they are all going to jump on me and write SOCCER in response to any of my posts" :P

Next

Return to Random, Random, Random