Mega trip version 2019

Here is our itinerary.
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Why do I still have a donkey title???

Mega trip version 2019

Postby thrillrider » Wed Mar 06, 2019 5:20 pm

This year's trip we decided to visit Florida and of course when you visit Florida you have a lot of theme parks to choose from .So here is our list that we came up with after much thought.

Day 1...leave Michigan on the trip down to Florida. Stop in Knoxville Tennessee for the night.
Day 2...Lookout mountain in Chattanooga. Here we have plans to visit ruby falls and rock city. Leave lookout mountain by 4:30, and head to valdosta Georgia to stay the night.
Day 3...finish the drive to Orlando, and have dinner in Disney springs at the Edison.
Day 4...SeaWorldOrlando, and we have tickets to dine with shamu.
Day 5...Clearwater beach day! Fun spot to hit the newest coaster later that night.
Day 6...busch gardens Tampa
Day 7...Airboat ride and gatoland. May try to do the Orlando eye/ swing thingy at night.
Day 8...the first day of Disney. Magic kingdom with dinner at liberty tree.
Day 9...Hollywood studios, with dinner at 50's prime time.
Day 10...Magic kingdom. Dinner at crystal palace.
Day 11...Epcot, lunch at viaNapoli, dinner at taping edo(sp).
Day 12...Animal kingdom, with dinner at tusker house. We have the package with reserved seating for the night time show.
Day 13...Magic kingdom with dinner at ohana.
Day 14...Hollywood studios/epcot with dinner at sci fi dine in.
Day 15...Magic kingdom with dinner at chef mickeys
Day 16...Morning at animal kingdom, eve at Magic kingdom, With dinner at Boma.
Day 17...Departure day...Half day at park of our choice.

During our Disney portion of the trip, we will be Resort hopping staying at 3 different resorts. typically when we go we try to stay at a resort that we have not stayed at before. during this trip we will be staying at Port Orleans Riverside in one of the magical rooms, Animal Kingdom Lodge with a pool View, and all star movies.

During our last visit we stayed at Wilderness Lodge and Polynesian.

after we check out of Disney on our treck back up to Michigan, we will be stopping by Six Flags Over Georgia for a few hours to check out the new RMC that we missed out on last year.

this is actually only the first part of our Mega trip. We're breaking it up into Parts this year, the next part will be in July.
341 steel coasters
114 wood coasters

Re: Mega trip version 2019

Postby bert425 » Wed Mar 06, 2019 5:42 pm

it's going to be up to the individual. . but we needed 2 1/2 days to do everything we wanted at BGT.

if you only care about the rides? then yeah, can be done in 1 day. . but you'll need full day for the animal stuff too.

and the Cheetah run is only done once per day (think it was at 11am) and is highly recommended.

so If possible, I'd try to add a 2nd day to BGT.

but that's just me.
Image[url=http://www.clubtpr.com][img]http://www.clubtpr.com/images/memberbanners/19fc64eae2ec826e3a662d1ff9f29ab9.jpg[/img][/url]

BAYSIDE STATION!!!

Postby Nrthwnd » Wed Mar 06, 2019 5:50 pm

^^ Ha! I've been racking my brain, for a trip we're taking, to WDW in a few years. We're originally planning to do only two of the parks (horrors!), but honestly? I think your 10 days (or so) at WDW just solved it for me, LOL! Although we probably won't do that many days (3-1/2?) at the Magic Kingdom. Still, apart from the rest of your FL visit, the WDW plans look great!

:mickey:

Day 8...the first day of Disney. Magic kingdom with dinner at liberty tree.
Day 9...Hollywood studios, with dinner at 50's prime time.
Day 10...Magic kingdom. Dinner at crystal palace.
Day 11...Epcot, lunch at viaNapoli, dinner at taping edo(sp).
Day 12...Animal kingdom, with dinner at tusker house. We have the package with reserved seating for the night time show.
Day 13...Magic kingdom with dinner at ohana.
Day 14...Hollywood studios/epcot with dinner at sci fi dine in.
Day 15...Magic kingdom with dinner at chef mickeys
Day 16...Morning at animal kingdom, eve at Magic kingdom, With dinner at Boma.
Day 17...Departure day...Half day at park of our choice.
Talk is Cheap :idea: Action is Pricele$$

Postby thrillrider » Wed Mar 06, 2019 6:41 pm

bert425 wrote:it's going to be up to the individual. . but we needed 2 1/2 days to do everything we wanted at BGT.

if you only care about the rides? then yeah, can be done in 1 day. . but you'll need full day for the animal stuff too.

and the Cheetah run is only done once per day (think it was at 11am) and is highly recommended.

so If possible, I'd try to add a 2nd day to BGT.

but that's just me.

I totally agree with you, but we usually visit Busch gardens Tampa once a year or every other. That being the case, there are a lot of things that we can skip as we have done them before.
341 steel coasters
114 wood coasters

Postby ytterbiumanalyst » Wed Mar 06, 2019 11:28 pm

This sounds like the best version of this trip you've done so far. I like the length of the Disney portion, really gives enough time to do everything right.

I would suggest St. Pete's Beach over Clearwater, especially if you're going around Spring Break time. Otherwise I think this trip is great.

Postby Canobie Coaster » Wed Mar 06, 2019 11:31 pm

Nice itinerary. The only thing I'd possibility add is Lake Winnie on the way down after Lookout Mountain. I believe you'd pass right by it and it has some nice classics if you've never been.
Top 5 Wood- Lightning Rod, Voyage, Coaster (PNE Playland), Phoenix, Boulder Dash
Top 5 Steel- Steel Vengeance, Untamed, Expedition GeForce, Twisted Colossus, Schwur des Karnan
Most Recent Trip Reports- Dutch Wonderland & Hersheypark- Summer

Postby thrillrider » Thu Mar 07, 2019 7:06 am

:angel:
Canobie Coaster wrote:Nice itinerary. The only thing I'd possibility add is Lake Winnie on the way down after Lookout Mountain. I believe you'd pass right by it and it has some nice classics if you've never been.

Unfortunately, lake Winnie will not be open at the time we are in Chattanooga.
We are actually leaving on March 27th.
341 steel coasters
114 wood coasters

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby Pregily » Thu Mar 07, 2019 8:01 am

The plan looks great!

I am new here (Hello to all :)), and hope soon will share with my first trip to theme parks, really great forum, my kids love parks and travel, very useful!

Site Admin

Postby SharkTums » Thu Mar 07, 2019 8:12 am

I love Disney, I got married at Disney...that's a lot of Disney! I assume at least on those days you'll also be having some relaxing fun at the resorts!?!?

A zonkey is a cross between a zebra and a donkey.

Postby Mike240SX » Thu Mar 07, 2019 8:14 am

Just a comment on the trip down.

The way you have it going, your trip from Shelby Michigan to Orlando will be broken into drive times of approximately:
11 hours
5 hours
3 hours

If it were me, I'd stop somewhere in the Bowling Green, KY, area instead of Chattanooga, to split your first two drives to be 8 hours a piece, and just hit the touristy stuff in Chattanooga along the way. 11 hours on the road (plus time for bathroom and meal breaks) is brutal.
-Mike
Total Coasters: 134
Top 10 Steel: Maverick, Skyrush, Intimidator 305, Banshee, Millennium Force, Raptor, Superman: The Ride (SFNE), Top Thrill Dragster, Big Bad Wolf, Volcano
Top 10 Wood: The Beast, El Toro, Phoenix (Knoebels), Boulder Dash, Thunderbolt (KW), Mystic Timbers, Comet (Hershey), Hercules, Shivering Timbers, Jack Rabbit (KW)
Top 5 Hybrid: Twisted Timbers, Goliath (SFGAm), Wicked Cyclone, Great White, Gemini

Next

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!