Backyard Rides

Has anyone made any?
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Fabulously FIERCE!

Postby DenDen » Sun Mar 30, 2008 7:49 am

Tanks4me05 wrote:Jeremy Reid's Backyard Coaster and Blue Flash are probably the two most famous backyard coasters. A person was making a backyard roller coaster on thrillnetwork, but I don't know what happened to it.

But for us "old timers", we all know THE most famous one of all. Anyone else here remember Kim's coaster. (I think it was called the Termite) It was a woodie that had no "lift", and dropped off the back of his house.

Sadly, there was a party demolishing the ride, covered in ACE News way back when, and he replaced it with THIS.
"To the floor! The only thing that will hold you up when nobody else will!"

BANTRONNED

Postby sfotfreak » Sun Mar 30, 2008 8:11 am

look at this one he even has a pump to blast water at the end! http://freizeitparkweb.de/cgi-bin/dcf/d ... CForumID21

Does Jeff Johnson count this donkey as a credit?

Postby Rideslover » Sun Mar 30, 2008 1:50 pm

sfotfreak wrote:look at this one he even has a pump to blast water at the end! http://freizeitparkweb.de/cgi-bin/dcf/d ... CForumID21

Sound like a water toboggan and they got soaked from cold water Ahh!

Ok, I think about the Herschell Mad Mouse at J's Amusement Park? I want a offer to Michael for the Mad Mouse then bring it to my backyard.

Thanks, Larry

Have I mentioned how awesome donkeys are?

Postby DCody » Sun Mar 30, 2008 6:20 pm

I know this doesn't really count, but I recently met a major Hollywood effects makeup/prosthetics artist (Rick Baker) and he has his own tiny dark-ride-style haunted house installed at his workshop. He had it done for a big Halloween party one year, and he wound up keeping it.

He made me go in alone-- it was cheesy, but I was still screaming! I'd love to have my own haunted house.

OMG! A TALKING MUFFIN!

Postby DATman » Sun Mar 30, 2008 6:39 pm

^That's awesome! I've always wanted my own dark ride, though I think I'd opt for a shooter rather than a huanted house. Still a sweet idea.

I've gone pantless!

Location: In the lair of the Huge Hummel Boy (which is conveniently located near Williamsburg, Va.)

Postby cfc » Sun Mar 30, 2008 6:43 pm

^^I imagine Rick Baker's would've been pretty damn cool.

I still remember the "Lost Dutchman Mine" at the long-defunct Frontier Village in San Jose--well, one part of it, at least. The big finale was a huge skeleton miner with a dynamite plunger. Boom! That would be one cool prop to have on your front lawn for Halloween.

Thought that was the neatest thing ever; then again, I was eight years old at the time.

What would donkeys be like on the moon?

Postby Simon Baynham » Mon Apr 21, 2008 2:37 pm

Hi TPR visitors

I'm trying (and failing) to locate Jeremy Reid's Backyard Coaster, and the Blue Flash steelie on Google Earth.

Can anyone here post the Google Earth co-ordinates for these coasters?

Many thanks for any assistance

Simon B

I Love Donkeys!

Postby xcastn0shad0wx » Mon Apr 21, 2008 2:45 pm

This is where Blue flash is at.

http://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&ie=UT ... 1&t=h&z=19

It is hard to tell it's there but living close to it I can tell that it is the place. You can only really make out the blue shed it uses as a lift hill.

Cubs/Colts Fan

Postby spaceace12 » Mon Apr 21, 2008 3:01 pm

Yeah, another hautian. If you are interested in car pooling to parks, let me know.

BANTRONNED

Postby sfotkid » Mon Apr 21, 2008 3:13 pm

Me and riccoaster are making a 30 foot suicide water slide, I think thats what they call them.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!