Universal Studios Singapore Discussion Thread

Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
I think Intamin should make a donkey!

Re: Universal Studios Singapore Discussion Thread

Postby Belgiumcoasterfreak » Wed May 27, 2015 9:11 am

It's officially open! Finally!

Site Admin

Postby SharkTums » Wed May 27, 2015 9:30 am

Interested to hear some reports on how the new trains feel compared to the old.

The best thing about TPR is the donkeys.

Postby digimax » Sun May 31, 2015 2:25 am

SharkTums wrote:Interested to hear some reports on how the new trains feel compared to the old.

In short: It's a much smoother ride. I've got a detailed trip report on my site.

The old one felt like it was going to fall apart with all that jerkiness. The updated trains, while still a little shaky at some turns, is much much more stable. I don't get headaches from the HUMAN side anymore.

Also, both sides seem to go on a more consistent speed - though this observation might be subjective. HUMAN used to slow down dramatically at a certain turn (above the Sci-Fi 'lake') before descending to that drop (photo op area). It breezes through that turn with minimal speed loss now. Same goes for Cylon's vertical loop. There used to be a little slowdown as the train goes upside down at the top of the loop - now, barely noticeable.

The new trains halved the ride's capacity, and using two trains for each track have caused many delays for the past week. Probably will be ironed out in the near future. The other good thing about the new seats is the VIEW. It's far easier to appreciate the whole dueling action while on-ride, because there's only one seat blocking your view on your left/right.

Portugal needs more old-school B&M's!!!

Postby rcjp » Sun May 31, 2015 8:16 am

^Nice to hear. It's a shame the capacity is now half, though. I wonder if they considered seating 3 across rather than two.
The Mr Freeze coasters should have speakers playing the sentence: "Let's kick some ice!" right before each launch

What does one say after riding a Batman clone?
The G force is strong with this one.

Can you see the donkey in my toast?

Postby Garet » Tue Jul 21, 2015 8:36 pm

Just saw the newest update: http://dejiki.com/2015/07/uss-update-2015jul/

Sad news if Battlestar is not dueling anymore. I can't believe those lines either, I know the trains only have 2 seats now but that seems a huge leap from when it seemed to be one of the quietest rides in the park.

MUST BUY RMC MERCHANDISE!!!!

Postby gerstlaueringvar » Tue Jul 21, 2015 9:47 pm

rcjp wrote:^Nice to hear. It's a shame the capacity is now half, though. I wonder if they considered seating 3 across rather than two.

They would have to change the chassis of the entire train which adds a lot to the cost.

"Excuse me, miss, may I pound my large rooster into your donkey?"

Postby rctneil » Wed Jul 22, 2015 5:22 am

I was at the park a week yesterday and it started off not duelling, duelled everytime for most of the day and resumed non duelling rides around 20 minutes before park closing.

Really enjoyed the rides overall. Human was pretty tame and Cylon is much more intense. I love the launching up the lifts (especially on the Cylon side)
TRIPS:
West Coast Tour 2009 - || - Middle America 2010 - || - IntimidaTOUR 2010 - || - Best of China 2012
Taiwan 2013 - || - Japan 2013 - || Scandinavia 2014
[url=http://www.clubtpr.com][img]http://www.clubtpr.com/images/memberbanners/5a7b5ea10f265e536d315d1bd5a624a7.jpg[/img][/url]

Can you see the donkey in my toast?

Postby Garet » Tue Dec 08, 2015 7:34 pm

Bad news Treasure Hunter fans, the express line has been removed (and Canopy Flyers line too) according to Dejiki: http://dejiki.com/2015/12/uss-update-2015dec/

I can see why, considering the capacity and how slow the regular lines could move sometimes especially after they introduced the unlimited express passes as well for people to use the lines more than once.
Last edited by Garet on Tue Dec 08, 2015 7:43 pm.

I love donkeys more than me.

Postby azza29 » Tue Dec 08, 2015 7:39 pm

^Hopefully their next move will be to remove Treasure Hunters entirely. That attraction makes Mr Toad's Wild Ride look like Indiana Jones.

I'd like to buy a vowel!

Postby KBrylczyk » Tue Dec 08, 2015 7:43 pm

Garet wrote:Treasure Hunter fans.

Image[url=http://www.clubtpr.com][img]http://www.clubtpr.com/images/memberbanners/539c3534a7c7084b61a754366e69a2bf.jpg[/img][/url]

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!