Roller Coaster Queues

Pictures/Descriptions
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Hot Coaster Chick!

Postby niiicolaaah » Wed Dec 21, 2005 10:58 pm

Nemmy wrote:LOL, dude, Magnum sucks if you're in a wheel seat. Also, I've only found one train that's smooth. I think it was #1.

Pardon my ignorance, but what is a "wheel seat" :?:
Parks: 71| Wood: 68 | Steel: 272 | Total Coasters: 340 | States: 23| Countries: 6

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby viking86 » Thu Dec 22, 2005 2:41 am

Wheel seats are the seats that are located directly above the wheels. Most coasters will usually give a smoother ride if you sit in a seat thats not directly above the wheels.

On Magnum the 'wheel seats' are row 1 and 3 as you can see in this picture http://www.coastergallery.com/CP/33.html :)

Hot Coaster Chick!

Postby niiicolaaah » Thu Dec 22, 2005 11:29 am

^Thanks! I know very little about... coaster stuff...

Nicole "is one step closer to knowing EVERYTHING!' T
Parks: 71| Wood: 68 | Steel: 272 | Total Coasters: 340 | States: 23| Countries: 6

Did the donkey fairy give me this title?

Postby Zand » Thu Dec 22, 2005 6:55 pm

My favorite queues:

TTD- Constantly moving, the ride is fun to watch, and the music is good.

S:RoS (SFNE)- The "S" made by the queue is cool and the line moves in big chunks every 2 minutes.

Storm Runner- Good music and the amount of shade is great on a hot day.

Least favorite queues:

B:TR at GADV- Being stuck in that tunnel on a hot day is NOT fun.

Millennium Force- Seems to always move slow.

Wildcat at HP- Queue is 15 miles long, but there's never a line.

Disaster Transport- You can't tell how long the line is and it goes on forever.

The Smiley Face Pizza

Postby Luxo » Thu Dec 22, 2005 7:18 pm

My favorite queue is in the Haunted Mansion at Disneyland. It usually moves very quickly, and the gravestone epitaphs, stretching room, and hallways make it fun and interactive to be in.

The worst queue I've been in Spellbreaker at Legoland. The ride was fun, but the queue was always long, and completely exposed to the California sun. :evil:

Cats are the best thing since bottled water

Postby MattJackson » Thu Dec 22, 2005 7:56 pm

Why does Dorney Park even bother with overflow queues on Steel Force? No one even likes it. Who designed it? It looks like an Arrow hyper, but they don't even do a job like that. It was good when it opened, but now, it is boring and lacks forces. Talon and Hydra, maybe, but if they demolish Steel Force for an Intamin or B&M hyper, then they would need overflows. Or better yet, a Rocket coaster with inversions like Storm Runner.

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby YoshiFan » Thu Dec 22, 2005 8:29 pm

Even if Steel Force is old, it's still popular. On my last visit to Dorney, it had more people in line than any other coaster (still only a 3 train wait but all the trains were full compared to Hydra and Talon which had trains that were barely 1/2 full and had 1 train waits).

When it opened, those overflows were used. I think when I was there in 1997 or 1998 the wait was 45 minutes.

This 16 year old puts you to shame

Postby socalMAN123 » Thu Dec 22, 2005 9:32 pm

My favorite queue is Indiana Jones and the Temple of the Forbidden Eye @ DL. Some of the interactive things are really amazing (A.K.A. "the pole").
---Brent 8)
Disobey

Cats are the best thing since bottled water

Postby MattJackson » Fri Dec 23, 2005 9:13 am

^^ Oh, well I'm judging on my visit on a week day in June, which may not be fair, seeing as most kids/teens were not out of school yet. There was almost no one there. Talon had no one in the station but us and three ride ops. Hydra had four people in the front fow line and ride ops. Steel Force was not much better off, and Laser got a short line as the day went on.

The Resident Smart-Ass

Postby CoasterFanatic » Fri Dec 23, 2005 11:54 am

but if they demolish Steel Force for an Intamin or B&M hyper

Steel Force is still a good coaster. Especially when the trims aren't over aggressive. No need for any trade. It is fine.
Ted

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!