TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

All US Premier LIM coasters are closed until further notice

"MAJOR problem on our freeze... shutting down all Premier LIM coasters in the country to inspect...the car managed to snag some wire cables on the boost section, how it did still baffles me, and shreded them...spent 4 days fixing ours...finally finished today and was doing testing... but was told we will not open up until all the other LIM coasters in the country check out too"

Chiller was closed yesterday and I'm trying to find out about the rest. But if this is true, than at this time Mr. Freeze at Six Flags Over Texas, Mr. Freeze at Six Flags St. Louis, Speed at Nascar Café, Flight of Fear at Paramount's Kings Island, Joker's Jinx at Six Flags America, Poltergeist at Six Flags Fiesta Texas, and Batman And Robin: The Chiller at Six Flags Great Adventure are closed until further notice.

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Poltergeist @ SFFT has been open all week. I rode it on Wednesday, even.

If all Premier LIM's were to be closed, they would have been closed at the time of the incident- not four days afterwards once the original problem had been fixed.

In other words, if it was a problem which the other Premier coasters had to rectify, the other coasters would have been closed from the moment the problem was discovered. At least one wasn't.

Matt

Yeah, no I don't belive it. Sorry. If this happened every time a ride malfunctioned, then then we would never have open rides. Seriously, Wild Thing didn't close all the Morgan Hypers, neither did SD2000. California Screamin' didn't close all of intamin's inverters. Two Face didn't close all the Vekoma Invertigos. You catch my drift?

^^^ Good Point. It just depends on the severity of problem the ride is having. For example, there have been a few instances where all three S:ROS's have been down because of a major problem. (Death, etc)

However, like Boomerangs have smaller mechanical issues all the time, but you don't see them closing them all over the planet when one messes up.

The Robin side vallied again. That was the problem that it had.

It is a great ride, and it has a big following, but I just think that it might be time to get ride of the Chiller and put in something else because of all of the problems that it has had ever since it was built.

I am the ride op at Freeze in St. Louis, indeed our coaster suffered a major fault during early morning testing that required maintance to replace the whole section of wires leading to the LIMs on the boost section. Our freeze was ready to roll by Friday night, we were even doing some test launches. But I was told Six Flags was shutting down all Premier LIM coasters to further inspect the ride and make sure it won't affect all the models. I have been told we will be opening by tommorrow or within a couple of days. Shouldn't take too long.