2,138 members have voted

1. 1. What's your orientation?

• I'm a guy who likes girls
    • I'm a guy who likes guys
    • I'm a girl who likes guys
    • I'm a girl who likes girls
    • I'm a guy who likes guys and girls
    • I'm a girl who likes girls
    • I haven't figured out what I like yet...
    • Hobosexual (I'm a person who likes hobos)
    • Hoosexual (I'm a person who likes owls)

^ That is definitely true love at it's finest!

Even though he kept saying to go ahead and ride all the rides and coasters, I wanted to do things that I knew wouldn't be too wild for him. So after doing the water park, lunch and The Beast/Banshee walk-backs, we went back into the water park and just chilled in the wave pool and lazy river for a while. It was hot enough that it was the perfect thing for both of us to enjoy!

After that, we went and got a bite to eat, went up in the Sky Tower to take photos, went to the Cirque Imagine show, grabbed a beer at the beer garden and then went to see a musical tribute show. By the time that was all over, it was just about time for fireworks and night ERT!

After I finished Beast ERT in the front seat around 11:30, he was telling me to go back for one more ride, but by that point I was totally exhausted and there was nothing that was going to top that front seat night ride on The Beast...what a fantastic way to end a long day!

Then we went back to the Hampton and slept for about ten hours!

I didn't know where else to post this but my dad passed away unexpectedly yesterday and he was such a good man! Only 61 but so loving caring and accepting of everyone. I loved my father so much and I'm in shock and I hurt I just hurt so much. I know most of you all don't know me well but keep me in your thoughts and prayers cause I really need it right now.

Sorry for the double post, but I should have read back a few pages...I am really sorry to hear of your loss and hope that the pain and sadness has subsided by the day. I know how hard it is to lose a parent at an early age as I lost my mother in my early 30's to emphysema.

I was always a Mama's Boy so this was a really difficult time for me. When she was dying, she told me that one day I would meet that special someone. Even though I had not came out to anyone at that time, I'm pretty sure that she knew. Less than six months after her death, I met Michael and we have been together ever since.

So please know that as difficult as this is for you right now, things will get better and happiness will return to your life sooner than you would expect. And like so many others have said in here...we're all here for you!

Any of my friends from this thread doing Banshee Bash, Knoebels Day or Coney Island???

David - I wished that I would have seen this post before Banshee Bash as we could have met up. I was looking for someone that looked like your avatar photo, but I never saw you. Although it's quite possible that I may have been standing by you in a queue line or at one of the coaster walk backs and never even knew it! And I'm too shy to just walk up to someone and say 'Hi' if I don't know them!

Unfortunately, the early ERT on Banshee, Delirium and The Bat left my partner a bit queasy for the rest of the day so we didn't do many rides during the day and I did the rest of the ERT on my own. He was a real trooper though and insisted that we stay all day and do all of the late ERT and was urging me to go find some coaster friends to ride with.

Here is our photo of us taken with Snoopy at the pavilion...we did meet a nice gay couple from Erie while we had our lunch that just happened to be sitting right next to us!

So sorry I missed you guys. I saw you getting off of Delirium that morning -but couldn't get your attention in time. Once we got off of the ride - you guys were gone.

Glad you had a great time though!!

David

^I think that spin on Delirium combined with the seven crazy loops on Banshee may have been what did in Michael for the day in terms of rides...but we still had a wonderful time and just took the day at a slower pace.

We'll make sure to hook up if we attend another event in the future...I'll try not to be so shy about just going up and talking with people!

• 1 month later...

BUMP

It just occurred to me I've been out of the closet with my best friends for over a year now Has anyone thought about how long they've been "out" for?

^ I've been out for going on 12 years this month. I will always remember being 17 and telling my mom I am gay. It felt so liberating to finally tell her and her accept that part of who I am.

When i told my mom, she almost crashed our car. But to be fair, thats on me for telling her in the car.

^ I've been out for going on 12 years this month. I will always remember being 17 and telling my mom I am gay. It felt so liberating to finally tell her and her accept that part of who I am.

When i told my mom, she almost crashed our car. But to be fair, thats on me for telling her in the car.

Should have thought that out better

To be honest, I am happy for coming out. First it's a lot less stressful on me (I still remember the day I finally got myself to mark "I'm a guy who likes guys" on the Sexual Orientation poll...) A few people at my school gave me crap when I made a coming out speech at my school, but I don't care because I know who I am and they don't mean anything to me. Plus my life is just flat-out better than a year ago (it needs work, but I'm happy where I am now as opposed to about a year ago).

Here's a new topic of discussion! How does your husband/wife/boyfriend/girlfriend/partner/whatever deal with your coaster loving? My husband loves them just as much as I do, but he prefers inversions to non inverting coasters, and also gets headaches fairly easy. We have to take our time throughout the day. Y'all?

I've never really been "in". . so yeah. . I'm just me

as to how my partner deals with my love of theme parks and coasters?

he loves em too. . but he can't do too many coasters these days, so he spends some time on "bench: the ride" while I go on things he no longer can tolerate -- as he did in our recent Pennsylvania trip!

Places like Disney tho? he'll go on everything with me.

I came out in Februrary of this year, so its been a couple of months. I was always comfortable about it, but I used to go to school with one of my homophobic cousins, and if he found out, I'd be screwed. I moved to another school in the county before senior year (last year), and I felt comfortable to come out there. I also told people from the two other high schools I went to, too. I'm a freshman in college now, and everyone here knows. Its going great. It feels great to have off your chest. However, my parents do not know yet. They're not homophobic, but they like to tell my extended family (most of which, is homophobic) everything. Even if I would tell them not to tell yet, they would still do so. I know my parents, lol. I plan on coming out to all of my family (extended too) sometimes this semester, because I feel like it is something they should know about me at this point of my life.

Casual update, since I haven't posted here in a while, and these last few weeks/months have been a whirlwind of trying to figure myself out.

The last time I posted in this thread, I'm pretty sure I identified as asexual, since it seemed to be the best fit for me. After some serious thought, I don't think I match up with any one specific orientation, so now I just refer to myself as "queer." I probably still fall somewhere on the asexual spectrum, since I'm still not attracted to any actual people in particular, but I did buy a huge bear pride flag at Atlanta Pride two weekends ago, haha. All that matters to me is that I'm repping the Q in LGBTQ like nobody's business!

By the way! Were any of y'all at Atlanta Pride too? I went both days this year, and ended up lucking out and crashing in a friend's hotel room in downtown ATL. It felt so good to meet some new friends, compliment people without judgment, make lewd jokes with everyone, and get so much free stuff that I had a hard time carrying all of it back to my car. I also saw Meghan Trainor perform, even though I wasn't actually anywhere near the stage.

I came out in Februrary of this year, so its been a couple of months.

Congratulations! And good luck with your relatives! I have homophobic relatives too, so I totally get it, fortunately my cousins and aunts/uncles/grandmas don't know it yet.

^^ Wow, that's brave! That's pretty crazy since it's Apple and it has a large reputation, plus a few homophobes may not buy from Apple now (hopefully/probably not too many). That's awesome!

It will be interested to see how this will affect Apple's business, in the US and internationally. There's the obvious conservative areas of the US, Chick-Fil-A, Hobby Lobby, etc., but then there's also the infamous anti-gay legislation in countries like Russia and Uganda. We'll see how this pans out for them.

The thing is that it should be a non-issue. It's not like he's been in the closet for all this time. He's previously acknowledged the fact that he is gay, but has never came out in public like he just did. People have known, but up until now it hasn't been a big deal, and it shouldn't be...