2,138 members have voted

1. 1. What's your orientation?

• I'm a guy who likes girls
    • I'm a guy who likes guys
    • I'm a girl who likes guys
    • I'm a girl who likes girls
    • I'm a guy who likes guys and girls
    • I'm a girl who likes girls
    • I haven't figured out what I like yet...
    • Hobosexual (I'm a person who likes hobos)
    • Hoosexual (I'm a person who likes owls)

I was never a fan of drag (that could be a result of my ex leaving me for a drag queen), but watched drag race on a TPR trip (thanks to Miles) and loved it.

It really is a fun show that combines the best of ANTM with Project Runway sprinkled with tons of camp.

^

I want to visit the big ones - San Francisco, NYC, LA.

I also want to visit New Orleans when they have Southern Decadence and Cali when Folsom Fair is going on so I can be completely freaked out lol

You just let me know when you want to come out to San Francisco for one of the events (just not Pride this coming year because the Scandi trip overlaps, so I won't be here). I'm happy to show you around. And, if you can swing a week plus, the Folsom Street Fair is always the last weekend of September, then the Castro Street Fair is the first weekend of October. While the Castro Street Fair is much, much smaller, and calmer, it is a fun event.

FYI - the best time of the year to visit San Francisco tends to be mid to late September through October. Summer time is the foggiest.

^

I want to visit the big ones - San Francisco, NYC, LA.

I also want to visit New Orleans when they have Southern Decadence and Cali when Folsom Fair is going on so I can be completely freaked out lol

You just let me know when you want to come out to San Francisco for one of the events (just not Pride this coming year because the Scandi trip overlaps, so I won't be here). I'm happy to show you around. And, if you can swing a week plus, the Folsom Street Fair is always the last weekend of September, then the Castro Street Fair is the first weekend of October. While the Castro Street Fair is much, much smaller, and calmer, it is a fun event.

FYI - the best time of the year to visit San Francisco tends to be mid to late September through October. Summer time is the foggiest.

Thank you for the invite And have fun in Scandi! Wish I could go.

I know this is supposed to be in the Movies Thread but....

Dallas Buyers Club is an awesome film about the (beginning of the) AIDS era, mid 1980s.

Matthew McConaughey, Jared Leto AND Jennifer Garner are amazing in this

movie. Especially the guys! Wonderful intense performances that deserve

Oscar noms. And the movie itself certainly deserves a nomination, even

if it doesn't win. It deserves recognition.

If any of you out there want to know how "things were going" back then,

this definitely a film to see. Much sadness, and much hope as well.

9.5 out of 10 for me.

Dallas Buyers Club is an awesome film about the (beginning of the) AIDS era, mid 1980s.

9.5 out of 10 for me.

yah, DBC is good (even if they did "nice up" some of the people involved.

have you seen this?

from last year, and hands down the best documentary of the subject I've ever seen.

It was nominated for an Oscar, even (tho it didn't win).

here's the write up from Amazon:

HOW TO SURVIVE A PLAGUE is the story of the brave young men and women who successfully reversed the tide of an epidemic, demanded the attention of a fearful nation, and stopped AIDS from becoming a death sentence. This improbable group of activists bucked oppression and infiltrated government agencies and the pharmaceutical industry, helping to identify promising new medication and treatments and move them through trials and into drugstores in record time. In the process, they saved their own lives and ended the darkest days of a veritable plague, while virtually emptying AIDS wards in American hospitals. Theirs is a classic tale of activism that has since inspired movements for change in everything from breast cancer research to Occupy Wall Street.

^ No, I haven't seen this doc. Was this about ACT UP

as well as others involved in the Gov't fight?

There have so many, many films and docs coming up these past years,

it's almost overwhelming to catch up with every one.

Some of them thankfully, end up at our Queer Film Festival in Vancouver.

But thanks for the suggestion.

^^ Moose, I didn't know you got left for a drag queen. Sorry to hear that. And, my first time watching Drag Race was on the Scandi trip in '09. Dave had the season on his iphone, so we watched it on the bus rides.

Thanks Ron. That was 9 years ago so I'm fine with it now, but I held a resentment for a while.

So it was you and Dave that got me to watch, I couldn't remember who it was!

9.5 out of 10 for me.

I definitely want to see this movie.

If we don't catch it at the theater, we'll queue it up on Netflix. This movie also got very good reviews in the Buffalo News.

^I just saw that on facebook today. It's very sad that places like that exist. Even more sad that a parent would want to send their child there.

And in response to the Drag Race conversation on the previous page, I'm excited for Adore Delano. I remember when I watched him (Danny Noriega) on American Idol and I LOVED him! Unfortunately, I have to wait until Tuesdays to watch the show because I don't have Logo

Im a proud homosexual! Although people always tell me that im too 'hood' to be gay. That is hilarious because I was called gay in elementary school (didnt even know what gay was back then) and it followed me all the way to high school. Thank God I didnt commit suicide. Lol

I'd have to say like 50% of SFOG employees during my employment were gay. There were alot of scandals out there those years . I found out years later that my.Supervisor at that time had a crush on me. Im wondering if he had something to do with my promotion.

I had a few female friends that worked out there with me that swore up and down that they didnt know I was gay until I told them. One of my good female friends was sooooo angry with me and we still talk about it. Lol. I think she was waiting on me to ask her out.

Oh... and I dont listen to Beyonce either. I like that down south rap music (Three 6 Mafia all day!)

-Seddy

Im a proud homosexual! Although people always tell me that im too 'hood' to be gay. That is hilarious because I was called gay in elementary school (didnt even know what gay was back then) and it followed me all the way to high school. Thank God I didnt commit suicide. Lol

I'd have to say like 50% of SFOG employees during my employment were gay. There were alot of scandals out there those years . I found out years later that my.Supervisor at that time had a crush on me. Im wondering if he had something to do with my promotion.

I had a few female friends that worked out there with me that swore up and down that they didnt know I was gay until I told them. One of my good female friends was sooooo angry with me and we still talk about it. Lol. I think she was waiting on me to ask her out.

Oh... and I dont listen to Beyonce either. I like that down south rap music (Three 6 Mafia all day!)

-Seddy

Welcome!!

And nothing wrong with no liking Beyonce lol I am gay and do not like Lady Gaga or Madonna. My gay divas are Celine, Mariah, and Janet.

Welcome!!

And nothing wrong with no liking Beyonce lol I am gay and do not like Lady Gaga or Madonna. My gay divas are Celine, Mariah, and Janet.

I LOVE Mariah and Janet! Lol. I see you're in Baltimore as well!

Yes, I am in Baltimore. Well I live in the county but close enough to the city.

Yes, I am in Baltimore. Well I live in the county but close enough to the city.

I live in the city and I hate it. Street parking is so 1976 I used to work in the county though. Im tryina get my BF to agree to relocate to the county. Lol

^ I am so over Baltimore. I will be moving to Texas in February to join my BF who already lives there. I can not wait to live in a small town versus a large city but yet still have the city within in an hours drive. Plus the people in TX are so much nicer over all from my experience.