TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Cedar Fair buys PARAMOUNT PARKS!

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

CF now owns the Golden Tickets awards, and now Six Flags and every other park chain

Since I don't have a say in the Golden Ticket awards, I could care less.

Also, I still prefer Universal, Busch, and Six Flags to Cedar Fair.

CF now owns the Golden Tickets awards, and now Six Flags and every other park chain

lol GT we should lol

have you been to CP?! and thats just one person

lol GT we should lol

Yes, I've been to CP and I liked it. But as a whole, I like Universal, Busch, and Six Flags better.

lol GT we should lol

Yes, I've been to CP and I liked it. But as a whole, I like Universal, Busch, and Six Flags better.

I'm sorry. I couldn't resist triple quoting. Um, I think this is a good move for Cedar Fair.....there, does that make it legit now?

I am also anxious about Bonfante Gardens, since they are a non-profit organization. (It's not "Paramount's Bonfante", but simply "Bonfante, managed by Paramount") It's such a gem. Perhaps it will be a good tax shelter for Cedar Fair.

As it is, Bonfante has no Paramount theming, but rather a unique local farming theme. While there, you are completely unaware of any Paramount presence. I can't imagine CF injecting Snoopy into such a beautiful place. It also attracts a lot of non-theme-park type visitors (folks who go to enjoy the landscaping) who I suspect would revolt if any leaf or circus tree was harmed.

I think CF is smart enough to leave well enough alone in this instance and to simply quietly manage BG as Paramount has.

Beemer, are you trying to be a smart a**? Next time I'll use the ^, when I'm posting.

Sorry alpy, I couldn't pass it up. Opportunities like that only come around once in a blue moon...kinda like a smooth Vekoma.

^ On a serious note, I agree that Bonfante shoud be interesting. I doubt CF would insult the place, and its tradition, by slapping Snoopy everywhere. Okay, well I seriously hope they wouldn't anyway.

-There are 939 acres of undeveloped land between the Paramount Parks that can be used for expansion (80 acres at Canada's Wonderland and several hundred at Kings Island; no specifics given on the other 3 parks)

There are 80 acres of undeveloped land at Canada's Wonderland? Where?

PCW owns the land on the north side of Major MacKensie Drive west of Jane Street (there is an entrance to the park there as well and the employee entrance). They have used this as parking lot overflow in the past (like last year's Punjabi Festival). I see a time when they pave this area and turn it into primary parking and expand the park into the exisitng parking lot.

There is also land that is currently trees along Hwy 400 that could be used (not sure if it's anywhere near 80 acres).

I think this good news for PCW, that area across the road is perfect for a Hotel and a "Lighthouse Point" type area... or employee dorms...

I see them tearing out most of the roller coaster there already: Topgun, Skyrider, Wildebeast, Tomb Raider... reaplacing them with B&M's, Intamin's and better Woody's.

I could see a B&M hyper going behind the 'pond' along the entrance road, that'd be rally neat.

I think the water park could use a bit of updating... better slides, and more colour...

Right now PCW is a POS amusment park, but with CF in control, I think it can win me back and get me to spend my money there again.

btw, I'm a pepsi guy

^

Just because it is filled with less than stellar coasters, PCW is NOT a "POS" park. Somebody please quote me some attendance figures.

I don't see how they could possibly tear down a bunch of coasters to build new ones. How would that be financially sound? OK, maybe tear down one or two with low ridership, like Dragon Fire. But not ALL of them. Bat, Fly, Top Gun, Thunder Run, Vortex, and Italian Job ALWAYS have healthy queues.

^

Just because it is filled with less than stellar coasters, PCW is NOT a "POS" park. Somebody please quote me some attendance figures.

I've never had a bad time at PCW. It is not a POS park, despite their lack of B&M and Intamin rides (Drop Zone doesn't count). As for those attendance figures, I don't know the exact numbers, but PCW actually outdrew Cedar Point last year and I think it was one of the most highly attended parks in the world. The park is a good one, and it has tons of potential.

Plus, Vortex rocks my world.

Right now PCW is a POS amusment park, but with CF in control, I think it can win me back and get me to spend my money there again.

Yeah, I have to agree with Nicole here that, while the park had a less than stellar selection of coasters, the park was actually nice and the GP seemed to love it!

btw, I'm a pepsi guy

And that explains a lot!

--Robb

^

3.3 million in 2005 [source: Cedar Fair Press Release, 5/22/06], the best in Paramount's chain. Not bad for a park that's closed half of the year.

I'm so tired of ignorant enthusaiasts who think that just because a prk has a bunch of coasters that WE don't care for, that people don't. The simple fact of the matter is that a lot of people just want a day of escape and turn to parks to do just that...to unwind and have fun. So what if 10 of the 13 (I believe) coasters there are clones? Most Canadians will never ride another one of those rides.

Evidence #1: I believe Derek's TR mentioned the SLC had a 90 minute wait.

Evidence #2: Look at Wild Adventures. It's Vekoma and clone city, but they manage great seasons. They've been slowly climbing up the chart on Amusement Business' Top 50 attendance list. They had 1.4 mil in 2005, good for 38th best. 1.4 mil is fairly impressive considering there is no major or mid-major city within 1.5 hours of Valdosta (Tallahassee[255,500 people], Jacksonville[1.6 mil metro], Albany [76,939]) and with Atlanta being 3.5 hours away and SFoG firmly planted there.

When will enthusiasts learn that there is more to a park than roller coasters? Jebus...it's about the whole package! Why else would parks be turning to adding more family-friendly packages instead of massive thrill rides every other year?

-Bryan "Amusement park enthusiast, NOT coaster enthusiast" Wood