TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Cell Phones and Rides

While I am on a roller coaster, I usually put my phone in the pocket of one of my good friends, as he usually has a zipper/Velcro pocket. However, I do not want to do this anymore. What can I do, beside putting the cell phone aside or in a locker, to keep my cell phone safe?

I am skeptical of putting my cell phone aside because I once had one stolen while in my dark souvenir cup.

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I usually put it in a zipper/velcro pocket and it stays there throughout the whole ride. I don't think it can get any safer than that or just not bringing your cell phone to the park. Also, if there is a person in your group who doesn't want to go on the ride, you can always leave it with them.

---Brent

I just stick it in my regular pants pocket. I haven't lost any of my cell phone yet. Zippered pockets, buttoned pockets, or just hold it in place while on the ride so you know it won't come out. Also try using the wrist strap and tie it onto your belt or something.

NOTE: I said I haven't lost any of MY cell phones

I don't know if they still sell them but I got some cargo shorts at Target that have a zippered pocket. The pocket was big enough to hold my cell phone, wallet and keys and they were really cheap too, I think $12. I don't trust velcro as I heard people have lost their phones on coasters while even in a velcro pocket.

I usually put it in a zipper/velcro pocket and it stays there throughout the whole ride. I don't think it can get any safer than that or just not bringing your cell phone to the park.

There are several things you can do to be safter - place it in a locker, place it in a bag in your pocket, place it on the unloading side of the station...

I know I went out the other day and bought a small bag capable of fitting my camera and phone after a few close calls (Thudnerhead, Viper) and I was getting tired of holding it in my hand or tightly in my pocket.

I try to leave my cell phone in my car. I usually don't like carrying it around while in the park as I'm not addicted to it. No reason to talk to friends while I'm at the park.

If I really need to have the phone while I'm in the park (someone is meeting me at the park) then I put in my sunglass case that I clip on to my belt or belt loop.

My cell phone did slide out of pocket on Superman Krypton Coaster but lucklily it slide into my seat under my butt and not out of the ride.

I keep my cellphone, wallet, keys, and camera in my pockets if I'm wearing cargo pants/shorts. If I'm not wearing cargo pants/shorts I will leave my stuff in the station. I'm trying to find a way to avoid leaving my stuff in the station during the UK Trip since I don't won't to be stuck wearing cargo pants/shorts everyday of the trip!

I actually just got back from the store for this reason. I got a decent camera bag for my new camera and I made sure it had a pocket for my cell phone. I'm a cargo pocket monkey, but I even tend to be a little uneasy with it in a pocket, even it is shut. I got tired of holding the thing with my hand because it took away from the ride experience for me, so I started unloading my pockets and placing everything into my hat to put on the unloading side of the station (I'm a hat monkey too - if I can wear one I will). I've grown tired of all of that too, so I just got the bag that I will put on the unloading side with all of my stuff. I tend to be fairly trusting of people and kind of give the ride ops a little credit. I usually put my stuff in obscure places anyway, like tucked in the lowest corner possible.

If I'm not wearing a pair of shorts or pants with a zippered cargo pocket, I now make sure the cell phone cannot fall out otherwise (after an error a few years ago with someone else's phone). Another option is a beltpack, leaving it in the station, or physically holding it in your pocket thru out the ride to make sure it doesn't fall out. Then again, my cell phone costs $600, so I don't want to lose it!

I do like having it on me though, to keep in contact with home and the people I may be meeting up with periodically throughout the day.

^ That's a good point. I tend to like to meet up with people, so it is good to have contact with them throughout the day or to see where they are or whatever. I don't wear a watch either, so the phone acts as my time keeper, so it is kind of essential to have it on me. When I'm at school, I need to have it on me too incase my mother trys to call

Yeah well I no not to put my phone in my swimming suit pocket ever again because I lost it on the log flume last year. It just slid out when we went up the lift I think because I remeber having it in line and then getting off the ride I check my pocket and its gone haha. The funny thing is my group I was with was more worried about my phone then I was.

Well, I have thought of a new idea, and I wonder if anyone has ever tried it. I'm planning on putting in velcro and creating a large enclosed pocket in my jean pocket for my cell phone. Of course, I will take this off once I leave the park.