TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Lagoon Discussion Thread

Quick question: Has Wicked ever rolled back to our knowledge? Does anyone have any pictures or videos?

It rolled back one when I rode it a few years ago. We were the second car with people to be launched, all they did was take us off, run the cars on the track without people in it, and then let us back on right after. I was freaked out when it happened, but apparently it wasn't a big deal

• 2 months later...

I couldn't find the Lagoon discussion thread but it there is one could an admin please move this.

I was at the park today and got some pictures of construction of their new coaster going up. And honestly I don't even remember this being announced but! Looks pretty cool!

image.thumb.jpg.5541dba115a77b8869e61f3c1277bac2.jpg

image.thumb.jpg.85768c858c6bd7e8c1875f1b239705bf.jpg

Supports are very intriguing

image.thumb.jpg.c37d3482c2871456298df2488d7fef33.jpg

Also there's like 3 huge buildings.

image.thumb.jpg.d17cb4dc420fa2147232895d06302352.jpg

I spy with my little eye.

image.thumb.jpg.8c94e8f49291bc2cd71507549beadd3b.jpg

image.thumb.jpg.781010ae6f0b3f528320f0afc187bec5.jpg

Yeah I only get to visit here once every few years because I have family and I show up and had no idea this was happening! It looks quite impressive and seems to be the biggest and best thing this surprisingly awesome park has ever had.

Weird to think this will be the parks like 9th or 10th coaster. This place never gets much press but I love it. Why can't there be more wickeds. That launch lift is killer.

We've been following this project, including all construction, over on LagoonisFun for 2.5 years. These are the facts we know from several sources.

The Following Information has been Confirmed to us by LagoonisFun Sources:

Name: Cannibal

Manufacturer: Lagoon Corporation, Inc., Farmington, Utah, USA

Type: Steel Roller Coaster with Vertical Elevator Lift

Concept and Design: Dal Freeman (Vice President of Engineering) and Dustin Allen (Engineer) of Lagoon Corporation, Inc., Farmington, Utah, USA

Engineering and Supplier: ART Engineering GmbH, Oberried, Germany

General Contractor: Lagoon Corporation Maintenance and Construction, Farmington, Utah, USA

Colors: Red Track with Tan Columns

Trains: 5 to 6

Inversions: 3 (Immelmann Loop, Dive Loop, Unknown Inversion)

Height: 208 Feet

Drop: 200 +/- Feet

Speed: 60+ MPH

Length: 2,000 + Feet

Cost: 10+ Million Dollars

Opening Date: Spring 2015

Trains:

5-6 Trains

3 Rows of 4 Persons. 12 Persons Per Train.

Overhead Lapbar Restraints

Notes:

Will Feature an Enclosed Dual Elevator Lift.

Inversions will Include an Immelman Loop, Dive Loop, and a Third Unknown Inversion, Rumored to be a Barrel Roll.

First Major Steel Roller Coaster to be Entirely Designed and Constructed "In House" outside of the Walt Disney Company.

Lagoon received a Height Variance for 208 Feet in 2012 for this project.

Other Details:

Track and Column/Upright Fabricator: Intermountain Lift, Inc.

Train Fabricator: ART Engineering GmbH, Oberried, Germany

Elevator Fabricator: ART Engineering GmbH, Oberride, Germany (Lift Platforms and Machinery) and Intermountain Lift, Inc., Springville, Utah (Elevator Track)

PLC Safety System: Actemium Controlmatic GmbH, Frankfurt, Germany

Unconfirmed Details:

This Coaster MAY feature a Beyond Vertical Drop.

Updated: 05/22/14

Updated: 08/17/14

We've been following this project, including all construction, over on LagoonisFun for 2.5 years. These are the facts we know from several sources.

"Facts"

I'm only slightly kidding. I know things have leaked here and there but who's to know what is real and what it rumor? I appreciate the research but until there's an official announcement I take it with a grain of salt.

Anyways, thanks for those pics! It looks basically untouched from my visit in July but you managed to poke around more than I did and found that tunnel section. Can't wait to see what they unveil!

"Facts"

I'm only slightly kidding. I know things have leaked here and there but who's to know what is real and what it rumor? I appreciate the research but until there's an official announcement I take it with a grain of salt.

Anyways, thanks for those pics! It looks basically untouched from my visit in July but you managed to poke around more than I did and found that tunnel section. Can't wait to see what they unveil!

If only you could see what I've seen Kyle. _Koppen and RCF have seen it all too.

^Where'd you hear that? This is honestly the project that has had me most intrigued out of all the 2015 rides and I've been trying to follow this pretty closely.
It's being said everywhere, and some people have contacted news outlets and that is what they are saying, as well as something being announced today as well about Cannibal.

I am so in love with the name Cannibal for a coaster. Very excited to see the logo and renderings.

Don't get so attached to name. I bet once the ride is officially announced, they will have to change it because it is "offensive to victims of cannibalism and even offensive to cannibals themselves". Plus we can't let little kids know what cannibalism is because it will ruin their precious little brains.

(PS, that was all sarcasm)

victims of cannibalism

Otherwise known as "meals".

Just thought of a great idea! How about a restaurant/butcher shop right outside the ride with suspicious looking meat being served? "Cannibal's Cafe and Butcher Shop: It's Not Human Meat, We Swear!"

http://fox13now.com/2014/09/04/lagoons-new-roller-coaster-is-out-for-blood-cannibal-coming-soon/

116-degree drop?! Not quite Takabisha but definitely something to pucker your butthole!

More information throughout the day, it seems.

Edit - These pictures couldn't possibly be any smaller, could they? From what I can make out it looks like they're gonna go wild with the themeing (waterfalls and lakes) but I definitely can't make out detail to the layout. Mormons must hate modern cameras.

It seems for now the only information will be out of that article as they get new information and they keep re-editing it. Sounds great so far, but definitely will be breaks on the drop as the rest of the ride looks to be half the height of the drop.

More from http://www.kutv.com/news/top-stories/stories/vid_13547.shtml

"The ride will be in the North field of Lagoon and will be the tallest attraction in the park at 208 ft. The attraction will be custom built, and primarily developed and manufactured locally. Over 75% of vendors, contractor and suppliers are based in Utah.

The ride is named 'Cannibal.' "We have named it Cannibal because in our collective mind it will eat other roller coasters in their tracks," said Julie Freed, spokesperson for Lagoon.

It will include the 208 ft. tower which riders will go up then take a steep drop, an underground tunnel, three inversions, and 70 mph maximum speeds."