TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Family Coasters That Pack A Punch

Ever ridden a family coaster like a Zierer or a Pinifari that was actually a really fun ride, and shocked you as to how forceful it was?

The one i rode that had a experience like this was The Stinger at Paultons Park, which is a large Zierer coaster, and the back row was phenomenal on the amount of airtime on the first drop!

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Wild Train @ Erlebnispark Strasswalchen. It has the size of a family coaster, but thats the only 'family friendly' part of this coaster. Crazy laterals, good positive G-forces and ejector airtime way better than what can be found on Balder!!!

I cant say that I've been on a forcefull family coaster, however, there are some Disney coasters that come to mind...not because they are forcefull, but rather, because they really know how to work the forces on the ride. For example, Big Thunder Mountain has some real good ejector airtime in the back seat! The turns on Space Mountain produce these cool G-Force tricks---they dont feel like they pull on your body too much, but they certainly pull on your stomach. CA-Screamin, before the trims was very powerful...even now, after the trims, the forces are noticible. Then you have Universal Hollywood's Mummy, which is a family coaster in my honest opinion--that ride has a very forcefull launch, and even though the actual ride part kinda just meanders through some turns, you get some cool banking "whips"...once again...not forcefull, but cool g-force tricks!

-Jahan

Canyon Blaster at SFOG is pretty crazy in the back. It slings the back of the train over the first drop very quickly, which causes some pretty good airtime and the rest of the ride is fast to be such a small coaster. It is short, but I like to ride it if there is not a line.

^ "...flying mine train..."

Now THAT is a great idea. Theme it after an ABANDONED mine and then add a bunch of stolen Batman/bat related theming to complete the picture.

And to answer the original question, my personal pick is Hershey's Trailblazer, particularly in the helix/turn (don't remember which offhand) that goes over the kettle corn place. The kettle corn smell really adds something.

Cobra at Paulton's Park is quite forcefull when it dives into the "Helix or Death" and switches to a Helix in the other direction

It's getting faster as I went there on the 24th April, you come out your seat on the Bunny Hops.

Tis a very good family park, i love the helix's and turns, the bunny hops are amazing!

So i spose it is one amazing family ride, i count it as a thrill coaster

I have actually been on a lot of family coasters that had some forces on them and they were amazingly and surprisingly great rides. My favorite ones are Timberland Twister at The Park at MOA (aka Camp Snoopy) and Road Runner Express at SFFT. RRE has to be the best mine train ever, I actually got scared on it a couple of times and it was very surprising because it looked like a horrible and boring ride and the only reason that I went on it was to get a credit. Boy was I surprised, it ended up being great!