TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Disney World 5th gate; a dream?

• 1 year later...
  • Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The 5th theme park that Disney is planning on building is going to be an adult related theme park. From the articles that I have read it states that it would be called Disney's Night Kingdom and would cost $300 or more for general admission to the park. Apparently, they are just going to open it from 4 P.M. to Midnight every night and there is only maximum capacity for 2,000 people at a time in the park. Lastly, I heard that it wouldn't feature regular rides, but rather a rock climbing wall, a zip line as well as a safari night tour that would require night goggles. As far as opening time comes, it looks like around the years of 2011-2013.

Night Kingdom is a rumor spread by the king of Disney rumor stokers Jim Hill. Many of his articles, in my opinion, are a giant bellows breathing hot air into the flames of age old rumors that never seem to die and need to be taken with a grain of salt. My personal thought on Night Kingdom is I'll believe it when I see it. I do believe if something like this was to occur, it would not be a park but a series of after hours tours in the existing parks, mainly Animal Kingdom. That'd be the less expensive and more efficient method of doing exactly what this "park" intends to do.

My line of thought goes back with what many people, like Derek and JT3000 among others, that they need to work on and tinker with the other parks, the most of that going to Hollywood Studios right now, before breaking ground on another big park. It's a solid argument that the existing parks are running out of construction space for major attractions but I don't see a new park on the horizon for a while. There's a lot of other areas of expansion; a third water park, the current turn around of PI, and the finishing of Pop Century come to mind, before a 5th park should even be thought of. Oh, and something mentioned in here made me think:

I want a Florida DisneySea!

Mmmm Journey...

We don't need a Florida DisneySea. Journey would be a marvelous addition to AK, don't ya think? I mean, the lava worm thing could be considered an animal and/or add a few dinosaurs in the center of the earth and you'd be set. I'm think it could fit lovely in Dinoland.

The 5th theme park that Disney is planning on building is going to be an adult related theme park. From the articles that I have read it states that it would be called Disney's Night Kingdom and would cost $300 or more for general admission to the park. Apparently, they are just going to open it from 4 P.M. to Midnight every night and there is only maximum capacity for 2,000 people at a time in the park. Lastly, I heard that it wouldn't feature regular rides, but rather a rock climbing wall, a zip line as well as a safari night tour that would require night goggles. As far as opening time comes, it looks like around the years of 2011-2013.

Um, yeah. For 8 hours at $300 it's gonna take a lot more than a zip line, a rock wall and night vision. For that price I'd better be able to drive the monorail, be fed a five star dinner, be sent back in time, and literally shake hands with Walt himself.

Please, that rediculous Disney knockoff project in South America will happen before something like this ever sees the light of day.

• 8 years later...

This is definitely a bump however given all the enhancements to the Magic Kingdom, Disney Studios, and Animal Kingdom it seems like Disney is reinvesting in their current park to upgrade them and in some cases make their 1/2 parks full day parks. I've read that Shanghai Disney been a big financial drain so I figure Orlando will not get a 5th gate for a while but I could be wrong....

Any thoughts on if Disney World will get a 5th gate in 2020 or beyond?

No. Disney knows that their guests' time is important. Most vacations typically last a week, but when you take travel into consideration you only get four to five days of actual vacationing.

And really, the 2 "smallest ' parks, Animal Kingdom and Studios, have plenty of room to grow in terms of making them totally full day parks. I don't mean land wise, I mean activity wise. I think a fifth gate wouldn't happen until all the parks there get a little closer to their fullest potential.

Rather than a 5th park, Disney really ought to invest in either an expansion or second installation of Disney Springs (perhaps, say, north of the Coronado Springs resort). Keeping visitors-and locals-away from International Drive benefits Disney. Disney Springs could use some more attractions that don't necessarily revolve around restaurants - I can go bowling, shop at outlet stores, and watch movies in my hometown, but I can't go to a DisneyQuest or board a 400-foot observation wheel. I'm sure Disney could come up with several unique (or at least sufficiently distinct) concepts for its own counterpart to International Drive.

Presuming the market's hotel occupancy rates will tolerate it, not to mention Disney's resort occupancy rates, Disney could stand to build some more hotels on the lower end - even if someone stays in a $150 to $180/night hotel room, it would at least be a Disney hotel room.

If DIsney had to build a 5th park, I would go for the East Coast version of Knott's Berry Farm - build around Florida's agricultural heritage, and let the park's dining options revolve around concepts featuring Floridian cuisine. Any resort properties built around the park could even go for a more rustic feel (although those would be more of the $300+ per night variety).

If DIsney had to build a 5th park, I would go for the East Coast version of Knott's Berry Farm - build around Florida's agricultural heritage, and let the park's dining options revolve around concepts featuring Floridian cuisine.

Should we call Dinsey's FLORIDA Adventure?

I'll leave now

Rather than a 5th park, Disney really ought to invest in either an expansion or second installation of Disney Springs (perhaps, say, north of the Coronado Springs resort). Keeping visitors-and locals-away from International Drive benefits Disney. Disney Springs could use some more attractions that don't necessarily revolve around restaurants - I can go bowling, shop at outlet stores, and watch movies in my hometown, but I can't go to a DisneyQuest or board a 400-foot observation wheel. I'm sure Disney could come up with several unique (or at least sufficiently distinct) concepts for its own counterpart to International Drive.

Presuming the market's hotel occupancy rates will tolerate it, not to mention Disney's resort occupancy rates, Disney could stand to build some more hotels on the lower end - even if someone stays in a $150 to $180/night hotel room, it would at least be a Disney hotel room.

If DIsney had to build a 5th park, I would go for the East Coast version of Knott's Berry Farm - build around Florida's agricultural heritage, and let the park's dining options revolve around concepts featuring Floridian cuisine. Any resort properties built around the park could even go for a more rustic feel (although those would be more of the $300+ per night variety).

Thankfully Eisner is gone and Disney isn't just trying to build their own version of what their competition is doing anymore....

Disney Springs, once it is finally completed, will not only have grown in size, but will perfectly serve its purpose: give people a place on property to have dinner or drinks or a break from a nonstop barrage of theme park activities while still staying on property. It doesn't need to have a larger version of the Orlando Eye (plus, there is already the balloon) or a Disney version of an arcade to be successful. I-drive is not competition.

To be honest, this sounds boring to me and would sound boring to the vast majority of people. I doubt WDW would have a fifth gate for many, many years and not before CA gets a third gate (if that ever happens) or before WDS Paris or HK Disneyland gets improved or expanded and Shanghai Disneyland is well established. If WDW ever got a fifth park I would want it to be a version of Disney Sea or a Disney Villains park of some type.

...If WDW ever got a fifth park I would want it to be a version of Disney Sea or a Disney Villains park of some type.

What he said.

(With a bit of a 'lean' to the Villains' Park, since a Disney Sea already does exist. Not that there's anything wrong with another DS.)

IMG_9427.JPG.90da1e0022d1d52badad3dab1061868f.JPG

Chernabog still needs a REAL place (i.e. theme park) to call "home", besides DLPs Storybook Land Canal Boat Ride.