TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

How obsessed are you?

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have made rides in my backyard

I used to do that when I was a kid. I finally got a nice zip line made in my backyard when I was around 11. Now I just mountain bike (usually the Tour De Wolf trail). A nice downhill single track run in the woods is really close to the Raven, except sometimes you do manage to hit the trees.

Airtime is the hook. I rode coasters long before i learned how to ski.

Granted, i get way more airtime skiing than on coasters, but skiing only lasts 3 months in ohio at the most.

This year, i nailed a jump and cleared a thirty foot gap at a height of about 20 feet. Most of the time, i bail, so hitting that was an incredible rush.

can't wait for TTD this year!

I love to ride roller coasters but I don't like to ride them repeatedly like I use to. I still like going to theme parks and hanging out with people. I guess you could say I have found a balance in my life for roller coasters.

Riding new coasters and getting my coaster count up is my only hobby!

I'm so obsessed I-

Join this forum and visit everyday

Think about roller coasters and theme parks 24/7

Make it my main topic of discussion when I'm talking

Look up roller coasters and theme parks on the internet all the time

Go to a theme parks all the time

Make my own roller coaster website

Play Roller Coaster Tycoon

Do the speed bump thing

Roller Coasters Rule!

Top Thrill Dragster #1

Lets see.. SFOT is closed for around 12 weeks a year altogether, leaving about 40 weeks that it's actually open during. I went 72 times last year. And I've got one of the highets Superman Tower of Power counts. I'm sure a few employees have passed me up, but it's been open for 2 seasons and I'm close to 300 rides.

Oh, and in my animation class at school we're making houses in 3D. I've been working on a Huss Frisbee and an S&S combo tower for the backyard, plus I've got videos of coasters playing on all the TVs.

There's one point of HUGE airtime down here in Florida, on SW 18th Street. You cross the railroad tracks, and at 65 miles per hour (the speed limit there), you get two seconds of big airtime.

My apartment complex's pool has a couple of water slides, and there WAS plans to build a Master Blaster-like ride, but they decided it wasn't cost-efficient.

And although this sounds gay, my favorite thing to do is jump down this mini set of stairs that I have from the kitchen to the living room. It's about 4 regular stairs high, and I can pull a 360 off of it.

I also heard about this kid who built a 75 foot long water slide from the roof of his three story house, with a 5 foot drop onto his trampoline, which splashes you into the pool. It was on the local news a while ago, but I can't find anything else on it. They did a POV shot of it, and it looked so kickass!

And although this sounds gay, my favorite thing to do is jump down this mini set of stairs that I have from the kitchen to the living room. It's about 4 regular stairs high, and I can pull a 360 off of it.

As a gay man, let me reassure you that all of all the thousands of queer men I've run across in my life, not a single one has expressed the slightest interest in stair-jumping.

So rest easy: Your hetero manhood is secure.

As a gay man, let me reassure you that all of all the thousands of queer men I've run across in my life, not a single one has expressed the slightest interest in stair-jumping.

So rest easy: Your hetero manhood is secure.

OK, that's good, I suppose.

I have coaster cravings like all the time. I play Roller Coaster Tycoon and Disney Coaster to satisfy these cravings. I've come to this site almost everyday since I registered on this board. I have a huge satalite picture of Disneyland on the back of the door to my room. I also made a ride in my backyard one time. It was a plank of wood that we made into a ramp by proping it up on some tires in my back yard. We then took my skateboard and sat down on and went down it. My parents made me take it down though because the dog could run up the ramp and jump over the fence and run away.

My favorite is Drag: Thrill Track. I made a 25 foot long ramp ot of wood and then I got skate board, modified it by putting wheels that could spin 360 degrees. I then elevated the ramp about at 35 degrees at each end, I made a flat spot. At these points the car can spin freely. You can go down the hill anyway you want. It is the coolest ride that you can get in Memphis but I've already taken it down because I have a small back yard.

I am so obsessed with coasters and parks that I have made rides in my backyard and created a park. How obsessed are you? Do you take it to the extremes?

I think many of my friend and family think I am obsessed and extreme. I life for it. I get up with it and go to bed with it. (metaphor)... Mostly my odsession is related to the Disneyparks... but also Rollercoasters. It is so bad that I dream about Orlando all the time... My next trip is planned (october - to take care of my other obsession - Halloween and Haunts)... I only talk about those things (while others talk about sports and world events)....

Yeah, most think I am wierd, a child, will never grow up.... and no doctor that can find the cure.....

Pretty obsessed. :?

It's one of my two hobbies. I love to do it, but I'm not that obsessed anymore. It's something I do in my free time if I ever have extra money. I've never been very "well off" so I don't really get to do it as much as I'd like. Therefore, it's hard to keep the excitement because it always ends up being disappointing.

Plus, I have another hobby that I love as well and that's racing. I don't actually participate, I just love to watch. I love Indycar racing, so my money is split between the two.