TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Dollywood Discussion Thread

P. 796 - Ride closing 10/30 to remove launch and install chain lift!

It looks like from everything on the website including the height requirement for 2017 that the Sideshow Spin Kiddy Coaster will not be returning for this season. This should help open that part of the park up a little! I do wonder why they are taking it out?

It's very similar in design to Whistle Punk Chaser is my guess.. that area is due for another renovation and removing sideshow spin will open room for another flat there..

The entire "fair' area has gone almost all kiddy and I feel Dollywood can do a much better job making it feel like a fair and by putting some rides that are a little more extreme fair rides.. yes, kids need rides to but I hardly ever visit that area anymore.. a good mix of rides is needed there

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

This is very true, it's needed a renovation for at least a decade now. Everything down there is depressing and worn out looking, especially the food places.

Heartsong—The Movie is no longer listed among the attractions on the website either. It appears may have been quietly retired from the entertainment lineup. Perhaps this is sign leading to that entire end of the Village Square to be redeveloped in the future. The Whistlestop Grill between Costner & Sons Magic Shop and the Heartsong Theater hasn't operated in nearly a decade. Anyone else think if the Magic Shop was relocated or closed down, that the area could be opened up for a future dark ride? Is there enough room to fit a major dark ride there?

Heartsong—The Movie is no longer listed among the attractions on the website either. It appears may have been quietly retired from the entertainment lineup. Perhaps this is sign leading to that entire end of the Village Square to be redeveloped in the future. The Whistlestop Grill between Costner & Sons Magic Shop and the Heartsong Theater hasn't operated in nearly a decade. Anyone else think if the Magic Shop was relocated or closed down, that the area could be opened up for a future dark ride? Is there enough room to fit a major dark ride there?

Very interesting... I think they would have plenty of room back on that side of the park for some major redesign. The Magic shop could easily be moved to the other side of the train depot.

Also, it is interesting to note while on the subject of the upcoming 2017 season, Dollywood has released an brand new version of the official park's app. Currently the new app does not show Lightning Rod on the park's map. Rather curious, huh? Maybe there just still in the process of updating the map as it already shows Drop Line and what appears to be outline of the Whistle Punk Chaser.

:?:

Also, it is interesting to note while on the subject of the upcoming 2017 season, Dollywood has released an brand new version of the official park's app. Currently the new app does not show Lightning Rod on the park's map. Rather curious, huh? Maybe there just still in the process of updating the map as it already shows Drop Line and what appears to be outline of the Whistle Punk Chaser.

It also doesn't show Firechaser Express. The website version does show both, but not Drop Line.

They updated the app about a month ago, it was much needed.

:?:

It also doesn't show Firechaser Express. The website version does show both, but not Drop Line.

They updated the app about a month ago, it was much needed.

Kind of odd that the map on the app is missing the two most recent adult coasters yet includes the new for 2017 attractions!

the Heartsong Theatre will be used for Festival of Nations and SummerFest this year with different shows.

The old Sideshow Spin spot will now has a covered shaded place with lots of benches to rest and get out of the sun.

They are introducing a new time saver arm band this years as well.

Lighting Rod is on my apps map (the app has been updated)..

889cb19b26e7ce053ba57649dd7c4d70.jpg

Also the interactive map list another show in heartsong theater

This isn't the map I'm referring to, I'm talking about the interactive phone version (iOS):

IMG_0221.PNG.png.ecf4273ea404a85132bd76a13acbb0c8.png

the Heartsong Theatre will be used for Festival of Nations and SummerFest this year with different shows.

The old Sideshow Spin spot will now has a covered shaded place with lots of benches to rest and get out of the sun.

So what's going on with the Heartsong Movie then? Sounds like they're trading one former picnic area (the old Timber Tower platform) for a new one with the old footprint of Sideshow Spin, LOL.

This isn't the map I'm referring to, I'm talking about the interactive phone version (iOS):

[attachment=0]IMG_0221.PNG.png[/attachment]

An Apple product has inferior maps? Say it ain't so!

[attachment=0]IMG_0221.PNG.png[/attachment]

An Apple product has inferior maps? Say it ain't so!

Right!?

NB: Android is still not for me, tried many times.

So what's going on with the Heartsong Movie then? Sounds like they're trading one former picnic area (the old Timber Tower platform) for a new one with the old footprint of Sideshow Spin, LOL.

The interactive map on the website has it listed as having 3 story telling movies for the kids.. each about 20 mins... I don't pay much attention to that side of the park so no idea how new it is or not

I'd imagine they are doing it as a temporary solution and have future plans.. that's whey they went with turf.. who knows.. or maybe it's for the kids who are allergic to grass..

They should toss up a few hammock stands for my ENO haha.. last year Dollywood actually sold ENO style hammocks at the park anyways

Edited by dstephe9