TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

RUN HIPPIE RUN!!! Go BJ & Tyler!

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So looking at my issue of Daily Variety from yesterday which has all the TV ratings in it for all the networks for the past week.....Amazing Race isn't even in the top 25 shows.

Prior to family edition, it was always in the top 15.

I'm bummed for the show because I think it's still really good, but the Family Edition might have killed it.

--Robb

So looking at my issue of Daily Variety from yesterday which has all the TV ratings in it for all the networks for the past week.....Amazing Race isn't even in the top 25 shows.

Prior to family edition, it was always in the top 15.

I'm bummed for the show because I think it's still really good, but the Family Edition might have killed it.

--Robb

The move to 10 pm hurt it alot more than the Family Edition.

^ But we'll all keep watching it, yes???

I read somewhere that the ratings came up from what they were, having tanked during "The Family Edition." Not as high as in the first several editions. But at least, not in a downward spiral.... so far.

Re-build of ratings can happen, hmm?

• 4 weeks later...

^ Well - for those of us who haven't caught tonight's episode yet - will watch out for that, mmm'k?

GO TYLER/BJ GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

(And having said the above - I'll check in after 2100 PST here on the west coast of...)

At first glance, a shot of a coaster looked like Superman (tunnel? launch?) at SFMM (def. not Japan), so it could be SFMM also, not sure. They also showed what I think was a Frisbee.

Yeah, I purposely left spoilers from tonight's episode, but it is an entertaining episode.

Methinks it's Fuji-Q Highlands- they had the Pizza-LA ride on it, and it looked like they were riding Dondopa.

Anyway, back to the show, I'm just glad that MoJo is out... they were so annoying. This final leg should be a pretty intense one- three great teams.

^ That's what I thought too. Fuji-Q.

It really looked like to me like there was a shot of the new X coaster in the preview too! Certainly looked like it, dead on, as a distant side shot.

Could've been another coaster there, I suppose.

And that also looks like the "route" of the journey. Thailand to Japan. Japan to "The North," somewhere cold and iccccccccy. (brrrr)

Then it all ends in the good old U.S. of A. as usual, heh heh.

Two-hour Finale next week guys.

And OMG!!!!!!!!! Who came first after all that.......eating? :b

I'm just happy as punch that "The MoJo" is now gone.

And that the three couples left for The Big Finish are a great mix-up.

But -

GO HIPPIES GO !!!

Well gee.

Thanks a lot for wrecking it for those of us living in Pacific Time Zones here.

I WAS going to post a reminder post about everybody ending up at a Japan Park - Fuji-Q Highlands... and that it might be worth taping. And then posting here.

But now.....

Next time look at your d___ed schedule and realize that not all time zones are created equal..

Just a suggestion for politeness' sake???

Next time look at your d___ed schedule and realize that not all time zones are created equal..

Just a suggestion for politeness' sake???

I understand your frustration with having the winner spoiled, but nowhere in the thread was there any notes about not posting spoilers and all that.

Congrats to the Hippies!! I started out not liking them to much, but they grew on me as the race progressed.

Seeing Fuji-Q, I REALLY need to look into visiting Japan soon. Hubby even took interest in going...which was a surprise. So hopefully a Japan trip is in the works for the future!!

I have the sudden urge to say this:

YES!

The hippies won it... it came down to brains and, well, the frat "girls" don't have any.

Congrats on a great season, Amazing Race! Hopefully we'll get more viewers for next season.

The Hippies have to go down as one of the worst winning teams ever they came in last twice, benefited big in mid-leg bunching points and always seemed to have tickets for booked flights open up at the last minute. I don't think the top 4 teams from this season was have gotten that far in past seasons since there was so many weak teams at the start and this race was nowhere near as challenging as past ones, hopefully things will pick up in the fall since they hired someone who designs the Survivor challenges to design ones for The Amazing Race.

Common sense would dictate that you wouldn't open the thread if you were worried about spoilers.

Its true! I was on the west coast and avoided message boards as I knew people would be talking about the result!

Man, I am so glad the hippies won. I really thought the frat boys would take it. Awesome way to end this show! Now onto next years....