TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

**Just a friendly reminder**

If you are going to hold your arms up during the course of a coaster, please be considerate enough to wear deodorant! I sat beside a gentleman who was wearing an old navy tech fleece vest with the hood on it (Did I mention he wasn't wearing a shirt under it at all!) at six flags over georgia in what felt like 70 degree weather. The whole time on the georgia cyclone today his arms were fully erected!

But on the good side of it all I mastered breathing thru my mouth and riding coasters at the same time!!

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I worked on Shivering Timbers last summer and got my fair share of vomit aka "Signal 6, Guest Illness". I have to say that the smell of vomit is much worse than BO, and thanks for mentioning the Old Navy tech vest, because that's where I work at now and anythign bad about Old Navy is awesome.

• 7 years later...

Yes I know this is a VERY OLD post. However it is still sooo true! This actually happened to me earlier this year on Screamin Eagle at SFSTL! But seriously who doesn't wear deodorant all the time every day? Hippies I tell you Hippies! And people at any Six Flags park. You know the kind who get a Looney tunes tattoos and listen to Kid Rock. LoL you know the type of person I'm talking about!

Also on that note. Arms UP, not OUT. Rode Boulder Dash recently next to a very large, very excitable gentleman, who rode with his arms straight out, right across my face, so most of my view for the ride consisted of his arm flab, and every time we hit a hill, he was smacking me in the face.

Also to note, please, while waiting in line, don't keep squeezing out silent farts that smell like the bowels of the underworld. While in line for Wild Eagle the other day one of the people in the group ahead of us kept it up and it was rancid. Move to a well-ventilated area or at least off to the side.

I got stuck behind some Mennonites on Blue Streak at CP a couple summers ago, and they rode arms up. That might have been the foulest stench I've ever smelled on a coaster. Also, I rode behind someone on Boulder Dash ERT during the NE Trip last year that absolutely should have re-applied (or applied for the first time) his/her deodorant.

Also on that note. Arms UP, not OUT. Rode Boulder Dash recently next to a very large, very excitable gentleman, who rode with his arms straight out, right across my face, so most of my view for the ride consisted of his arm flab, and every time we hit a hill, he was smacking me in the face.

Very good point !!! I know AT LEAST 2 members who used to do that on TPR trips that, and it can be seriously annoying, to the point you're scared when they sit next to you lol. I remember joking with a friend about that. Laura, do you remember who I'm talking about ? lol

I got stuck behind some Mennonites on Blue Streak at CP a couple summers ago, and they rode arms up. That might have been the foulest stench I've ever smelled on a coaster. Also, I rode behind someone on Boulder Dash ERT during the NE Trip last year that absolutely should have re-applied (or applied for the first time) his/her deodorant.

Now everyone on that trip is wondering if was them. I think I remembered to wear it that day...I hope at least.

Laura, do you remember who I'm talking about ? lol

For the sake of harmony, perhaps I should pretend I don't, but, yeah...

Also, I rode behind someone on Boulder Dash ERT during the NE Trip last year that absolutely should have re-applied (or applied for the first time) his/her deodorant.

Now everyone on that trip is wondering if was them. I think I remembered to wear it that day...I hope at least.

Does the fact that there were very few women on the trip and yet he still specified "his/her" mean it's probably me? I only hope I'm just joking here.

Seriously, though, I do reapply when convenient in the car/bus/hotel, and I'd rather do so in front of others (no big deal) than not at all.

• 4 weeks later...
If you are going to hold your arms up during the course of a coaster, please be considerate enough to wear deodorant! I sat beside a gentleman who was wearing an old navy tech fleece vest with the hood on it (Did I mention he wasn't wearing a shirt under it at all!) at six flags over georgia in what felt like 70 degree weather. The whole time on the georgia cyclone today his arms were fully erected!

But on the good side of it all I mastered breathing thru my mouth and riding coasters at the same time!!

I think TPR should throw in some deodorant in all future trip bags. As for the question of Vomit versus BO, I think Vomit is so much more worse.