TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Cedar Fair's "Maverick"

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"Those who talk don't know and those who do know don't talk."

And for those that have been on the boards for awhile just like to have fun with this type of shit.

Psh, I heard it's gonna be a launched inverted wild mouse log flume...built by Vekoma!

(I know exactly where you're coming from I just don't want this topic to get beat to death with speculation for the next year. -_-)

Whatever it is, it's probably still in the DESIGN phase, as in the only people in the know are designers.

The Dippin' Dots guy knows NOTHING, I tell you!

Planning and design for a major coaster usually takes 2-3 years...Dragster was first conceived not long after Millenium Force opened. If it's as big as everybody's been saying it's gonna be, they probably have the ride designed and the manufacturer picked out already and they're just working on all the calculations and tweaks in the design to get all the forces right.

If you guys read Cedar Point's Blog for today they mention but tell readers not to "look to far into it" Therefore I don't think its for the Point, because if they really wanted to create a buzz, they would have said something like "It might be...but it might not be"

You have to remember that Cedar Point isn't the only park that Cedar Fair owns....

^ Plus Cedar Point is normally so tight-lipped about their new rides that I don't see why they'd even acknowledge the name this long before the ride is built.

I have a new theory...maybe "Maverick" is the key part of a catchphrase for a new ride? Kinda like how "Fly at the speed of fear" is the big thing for Tatsu.

Maverick is gonna own my face.

I sure hope it doesn't turn out to be a flying coaster though, it would be to much of an eye roller, and I don't think my eye muscle's are strong enough to roll them that much if that turns out to be the case.

• 3 weeks later...

Well, isn't a Maverick also a wild animal? If its themed to flight think , Stunt plane , or crop duster LOL. Some crop dusters on thier spare time drunk will do crazy stunts mid flight.. Look at "Independence Day" the movie.. Russel K anyone?

Or they could...theme it to Snoopy and have mini Snoopy figures fixed on the side fins of the weather cover on the trains hehe . Call it the Red Baron.