TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Walt Disney World Disney's Animal Kingdom Discussion Thread

• 4 weeks later...

That concrete grey section with the back wall to it? To the right of the

theater(s) structure? That looks like it would be the show building of

the boat ride, when the boat goes into the "night time" section of the cruise.

(Aerial views look awesome, by the way.)

That concrete grey section with the back wall to it? To the right of the

theater(s) structure? That looks like it would be the show building of

the boat ride, when the boat goes into the "night time" section of the cruise.

(Aerial views look awesome, by the way.)

The cement walls to the right of the main building line up with the location of part of the boat ride in the blueprints.

What type of simulator is the main attraction going to be? Is it Soarin' with a different film or will it use a different system?

Nothing has been announced.

When is the next Avitar movie coming out? Should line up nicely for them opening around the same time. Just hope the two sequels are not flops.

As of right now, IMDB.com says 2017

^Not necessarily. Yes, some people might have that mind set, but the land isn't based of of the films story line and more on the overall world of Pandora, and the message of conservation. If the movie is bad, yes, it will possibly dampen the lands popularity for a bit, but if the land is beautiful and jaw dropping, people wont care.

Cars/Cars 2 were meh movies, Cars Land is a really stunning, immersive, land and really has very little to do with the movies story and all to do with the world where they take place.

So I have never seen Avatar and honestly have no inclination to watch it either but I honestly never heard anyone say that the movie was as holy sh!t amazing as Disney seem to portray it as with this land. Now I appreciate how much the movie made a serious crap ton of money just my personal view is "Oh something new is being built, thats nice. Now which was to Tangled Toilets?". So I have to ask for those who have seen the movie do you think this will increase attendance to Animal Kingdom when it opens or are most people indifferent to the whole thing?

Honestly, the Avatar area is the ONLY thing that will bring me back to Animal Kingdom. I'm looking forward to see how Pandora looks, even if I wasn't the biggest fan of the film. Considering the hype Avatar had when it first came out, it will be shocking if it doesn't increase attendance.

While the movie isn't the greatest when it comes to storytelling, the world of Pandora was stunningly beautiful and I'm fairly sure this is what people want to experience. If Disney manages to capture some of that magic it will be a crowdpleaser for sure.