TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Stealth at Thorpe Park

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I will not be riding "Stealth", Thorpe Park needs to have a woodie not another steel coaster.

"Cobra" at Paulton's Park will be a better ride and more fun

How do you know if you don't ride it?

Thorpe Park have studied builiding a wooden coaster in their development plan, and for the time being, they decided it wouldn't be feasible.

Shockwave - I do not like falling vertical and I have to be carefull of my ear as I have had 4 operations to replace my ear drum since I was 11.

I think "Stealth" is a 1 trick-pony ride as it's a case of "start/vertical up/ over the top/vertical down/ 1/2 way over the camelhill (no airtime i guess) and onto the brakes. Boring layout.

I just prefer an Out n Back / Twisters layout (Hades,Goliath at Six Flags Holland etc) much more fun and you get loads of Airtime.

If the Gravity Group are building a woodie next year in the UK, I can't wait, as their woodies are amazing, they have wonderful curves and big drops. This is how a coaster should be not like "Stealth"..

Stealth is very much a one trick pony ride, in the same vein that Oblivion is. But it's a trick that it simple enough to woo the usual park-goers into riding it again and again.

I'm more hyped about the other Intamin launch coasters I'll be riding next year - Kanonen, Speed Monster, and Xcelerator, as the have more to them than Stealth. Goliath (Walibi World) is one of my favourite coasters as well.

I can totally relate to not riding due to health problems though. 3 months after I had my appendix removed, I rode Rita at Alton Towers, and as soon as the train launched I had a huge pain in my side on the launch. I was well past the recovery stage so I should have been fine. Fortunately it quickly went away after rounding the first bend and nothing came of it.

• 3 weeks later...
Must say better than Rita's trains

Yeah I agree Toby, better looking trains than Rita, but that isn't hard to do is it ?

And remember "Front seat is best for the launch" & "The back seat is great on the way back down to earth"

Paul "Who still thinks this coaster is an wasted opportunity" Chapman

Why does everybody complain about the layouts of recent rocket coasters and how the coaster's going to suck soooo bad! Why can't you just accept that they made the layout they did and that's that. Perhaps they did it so thet the ride could be shorter in length so it could accomidate more riders per hour. I don't know. Yes, it would have been nice for a longer layout. Yes, it would have been nice not to see a clone, but that's just what the parks want and it obviously attracts a lot more guests there. I, personally, would love a ride like that near me (considering I live with Cliff's). It would be a major improvement. It's probably just because the park is small.

Some people who entered the Ride It First Comp on the Stealth mini site lucky got an email today saying they won. I entered but sadly I got nothing, but a friend who did win said I can be there as a guest. So it seems it going to open on Wednesday (15th) after all now, after these not opening till April rubbish rumours.

Mini site been updated with 5 Pic's taking from the top.

http://stealth.thorpepark.com/photo_diary/photo_diary.asp?css=2

Looking Down back to earth

Excellent news!! I'm glad to hear that it should be opening next week on the 15th after all since I'd already pre-arranged a trip out there later in the week and had started to wonder if I'd done the right thing with the 'not until April' rumours!

I'm really looking forward to it - I hope the airtime on the top-hat's as good as on Xcelerator! Have a great first ride, Inferno Insane and any other TPR members lucky enough to win or know someone who won the competition! I gather that the first rides are happening around noon - I guess it'll probably open to everyone after that...

The ride has been handed over to Thorpe Park, but it will not be opening with the rest of the park.

The ride it first winners will be the only public to ride it for a while. Numerous people have phoned Thorpe Park (because they have been crying at night) over when Stealth will open.

And a quite few people have been told it won't open for a couple of weeks. With the Easter holiday's coming up I wouldn't be suprised if Thorpe wanted to make sure everything was working perfectly before the big rush.

Hey coasterlover420 "Rocket" coasters have boring designs and layout's.

They should have more banked curves and "Airtime" hills, not just have a vertical up/vertical down and 1/2 a camel hill with the brakes on the other side so you don't get any "airtime". A waste of money

We should get a Pertition to send to the manufactures to say to them Coaster fans need better layouts and designs