TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Stealth at Thorpe Park

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Must say the theming dose look nice and clear, near on par with Tidal Wave theming (which is still better). Shame about the massive cattle pens just look bare in some areas. I for one won't enjoy queuing ages in them.

Nice to see the acceleration speed is the near the same as Xcelerator minus 2 mph more.

^It's not really the layout that bothers me, it's the fact that they don't care if people wait in a 2 hour line for a 15 second ride. They should at least make the ride longer or add some more trains (like a double loading station) or make the launch system more efficient (like make the catchcar come back to the station quicker than it does and reset quicker).

Duration does not bother, and it dont bother the GP. So long as the ride is breathtaking (which it will be especially for the GP) then I would queue 4 hours for this ride. The queues have tv's and also you get to watch the coaster keep going round. If the GP queued upto 2 hours when oblivion first opened and did not mind then I guess they will queue 2 hours for this without any problems. Remeber to the british general public (who a large majority dont know TTD and KK are around) stealth will be like the worlds biggest and best coaster to them. In my school people are already planning trips to thorpe park because they are amazed purely by this coaster when they saw it on the fright nites trip in october. Stealth has already got a big line of people waiting to ride it and it is going to be a big hit.

I don't think that's fast. That's the capacity of any roller coaster out there. Dragster launches trains every (I think) 40 seconds/50 seconds. (50 between when the second train launches and the next train finishes loading) it seemed fast, but it wasn't really. The double loading actually does help a lot, though.

Rita again! - Only one platform for people getting on and off. I wont be looking forward to the queues! Perhaps you could go to Disney Studios in Paris and see the best way to build this coaster!?

I can only assume you favour a double loading station compared to the single in-line station we opted for at the Park. There are pros and cons to both options, double stations rely on fairly complex switch tracks to improve efficiency, for a ride that has a slow loading process then I would have supported this route. Double stations are labour intensive and require extra space and additional loading gates; again, space that the park did not have on this occasion. It doesn’t mean we would never build one on a future Coaster, just not this one.

The single in-line station we have opted for still enables the trains to be dispatched quickly. To the untrained eye the station at Rita looks the same as Stealth but they are different. We are able to pre-batch two trains of guests on the loading platform and we have also built a baggage room to take personal items from the riders prior to loading. Check with any ride in the World; what slows the queues is preparing guests before they get on the trains, we have reduced some of these obstacles from the outset.

p.s. Thanks, but Disney advice isn’t required at the moment.

Submitted by: John Levett

That is a quote from thorpes Q&A section on stealth, so on stealths station the can load 2 trains at once saving mega time. The queues should be 1 hour 30 mins max. But 1 hour on average. But Im guessing. The queues will be made much shorter with this double loading, and with the live DJ and in line tv's and the ride next to the queue the guests will be occupied all the time.

Looks like I'll be riding this after I get back from Florida now. Was planning to go on opening day, but I decided against it for 2 reasons.

1. There is bound to be at least one breakdown on opening day.

2. I have a flight to catch for Florida the next day.

IMHO, I don't really think the lines will be that long. On TTD, I have waited 1 hour and 45 minutes and we had to go through four or five queue sections. This queue isn't anywhere near the size of the queue of TTD. I don't think the trains will slow down capacity either. Correct me if I'm wrong, There are 5 cars in a train with either 18 or 20 seats in a train. There are three trains too. Thats not that bad. Also, its a school day, Only die-hard enthusiasts and people lucky enough to be at the park that day will be riding it.

I doubt it will be too bad on opening day. mainly coz it's a wednesday. I'd expect it to be packed on the saturday which is the day I'm going . So um lol yeh. I hope the queue don't exceed 2 hours, and it don't break down too much. I gotta wake up at 3am to get there .

I think it is going to have a big capacity, you can read on Thorpe's website that they can launche every minute. That's fast I think.

Also I now when i'm gonna ride it, 17 april 2006!

I'm looking forward to it.

If loading *was that fast* it could achieve 1200 an hour. Judging by the fact that we know that won't happen its more around the 800 mark. Not much when theres a Beemer just around the corner gobbling up 1200 an hour.

^ You've obviously never skipped school.. The amount of people who will be at Thorpe that day will easily make a 2 hour queue.

Opening day *won't* be as bad as the following weekend. Some surrounding school's will skip school, obviously but not busy busy.

IMHO, I don't really think the lines will be that long. On TTD, I have waited 1 hour and 45 minutes and we had to go through four or five queue sections. This queue isn't anywhere near the size of the queue of TTD. I don't think the trains will slow down capacity either. Correct me if I'm wrong, There are 5 cars in a train with either 18 or 20 seats in a train. There are three trains too. Thats not that bad. Also, its a school day, Only die-hard enthusiasts and people lucky enough to be at the park that day will be riding it.

You forgot to mention that only two trains can operate at a time.

• 2 weeks later...

Looks like it's justa cop car blocking an exit, maybe?

That said, it mainly appears to be , IMhO, something of a racetrack theme.

Checkered everything, including the queue montiors, heh heh.

Yeah, probably a take off on some Speedway in FL, USA perhaps? Circa. a particula era, earlier I feel.