TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

PortAventura Discussion Thread

^ Not really a powerful launch. RITA was way more powerful.

and the layout is boring, apart from the first drop after the launch and the inversion their is nothing. 0-84 in 3.5 seconds ain't a powerful launch. It never even took my breath away, and accelarators usually make me pull a face, but this one did not.

I'm about to say something that will make you all hate me...

Baco was poo-poo.

honestly, go on the outer left seats, at the very back, or on the outer seats in general, and you will see what i mean.

The launch was forceless, I couldn't even feel it. Also, the damn thing is so unreliable, it must have broke down like every single day i was there.

No problem, i'm more looking forward to the park, Port Aventura. Not only Furius Baco, the lay-out looks nothing special. It's about the speed and that's it I think.

I've been one more Intamin Rocketcoaster, Rita, Kanonen, Stealth.

Also fast coaster with a powerfull launch. I loved Stealth, short but so powerfull.

The sensation on the launch on baco is a 10th of the feeling you get on rita.

make sure you ride hurukan, i rode 57 times lol.

go on templo del fuego even if you have done it before it has been improved with extra effects.

don't go on stampida, unless you want a headache and a sore back.

do all the haunted walk throughs.

if you don't speak spannish dont see la hora gore.

finally, don't ride the outside seats of baco and queue for the front it's worth it.

edit: also, do single rider on hurukan, way way quicker.

have a good time everyone.

^ I found SFA's Superman to be pretty rough considering that the other two Supermen are glass-smooth, and it doesn't even invert. Storm Runner was wicked on my neck through the banked turn before the brakes too, but that was just one really bad jolt and the rest of the ride was fine!

^^ Please us your shift key when necessary! Refer to the site rules regarding spelling, grammar and capitalization if you'd like to continue posting here!

Yeh, it's better at night, and the atmosphere is better as well.

Queue for the front seat at night and go on the inside seat and you will absolutely love it. One thing I have noticed is the further back you go the rougher it is (same with khan btw).

On stampida, avoid the front at all costs. on the double hill up after the first drop you get slammed into your retraints. Better yet don't go on it at all lol.

On hurukan, well it's amazing no matter what lol. Stand up can be painful so make sure you hold on. Also remember to look at the camara and not down.

Hey guys, Left Edinburgh this morning and arrived in Salou by 11.10am. Was in Port Aventura by 2pm and Furius Baco is closed for maintenance??? Staff don't know anything though I see a small dingy doing something to the supports in the lake. Any idea if I'm gonna ever get to ride this?

tom

Shark tums, what did I do wrong?

It looks like you need to take a look at this:

9. Spelling and Grammar - bad spelling and grammar will NOT be tolerated! Use a spell checker if you have to! If we have to edit too many of your posts, you may be suspended from the forum. Text Message shorthand or "l77t" speak is not allowed.

I know that I personally am not the best speller in the world, but everyone here can use the Spellcheck function before you finalize your post.

I thought it may have something to do with the work getting done in the weekdays but to be honest, I feel the staff were under the impression it would be open again at some point today or tomorrow. Just woke up just now (I know lazy, just like home) and my group all got plastered last night so they won't be seen for another 3 hours lol but when we get down to the park I'll see if there's any improvements.

On a lighter note, I decided to go on El Diablo and they put us through the horror tent which was rather strange. One guy trys to get you with a chainsaw and if you run you get caught by another hehe. Man I hate halloween.

tom

I was at the park last saturday and monday. Halloween is great! The park too! And Baco was only running on saturday the whole day (and maybe sunday?). So the guess that it will only be open on weekends is right, I think.

Monday they said the ride would open, but it didn't. They just kept diving and doing things at the concrete bases in the water.

Didn't go today but as I hear it seems its only open on Saturdays at the moment much like the Silver River Flume. Tomorrow's obviously the day when the park's open till midnight so I'll be there l8r in the day and will post here on Sunday.

tom

Don't mean to double post guys but felt the need this time to split my argument. Was at the park last night, Baco was on but kept breaking down. Got on eventually right at the back and was the highlight of the holiday, took me unawares as I was too busy watching the story when I got accelerated lol. Going back today to see if its open, here's hoping. Really love Port Aventura at night!

tom

Don't mean to double post guys but felt the need this time to split my argument. Was at the park last night, Baco was on but kept breaking down. Got on eventually right at the back and was the highlight of the holiday, took me unawares as I was too busy watching the story when I got accelerated lol. Going back today to see if its open, here's hoping. Really love Port Aventura at night!

tom

I'm back from a 3.5 day stay at PA since last night.

Thursday late afternoon, Baco was closed.

Friday morning at 10 h, Baco was closed. Talked to somebody at Dragon Khan, who was there since last Monday and he didn't see Baco open yet.

At 1130 h we took the boat back to Baco and yes, Baco was open. Waiting time at that time 20 minutes. Later that day 1 hour and more.

Saturday morning went to the entrance of Baco at 0950 h. There were already approx 100 people in front of us. Baco didn't open at 10 h and we were told that it would open during the day. We decided not to wait. At 11 h Baco was open. Waiting times approx 1.5 h the whole day.

Sunday we went at 0935 h to the entrance and again already 50 persons in front of us. Waiting row opened at 0950 h and we caught the 3rd train of the day. At 1005 h waiting time was already 1 hour !

I'll comment the ride in a TR which I will probably make tomorrow.

• 1 month later...

Well, today I have been to the park and it was running great (with a couple of breakdowns) all day with a 2-train operation.

I didn't know if I had to post this here or if it would be better to open a new topic, but I wanted to post this pic which is quite recent:

Have you ever seen that level of damage on any other Intamin train? This is quite shocking to me because I thought that these harnesses would have been tested to stand the forces and to have people slamming into them without risk of being broken.

Do you think this might have something to do with Baco roughness? (Notice this is a harness from back row, edge seat).

I would've thought something has been dropped on it, or it's hit something. Some kind of impact anyway.

How recent is the pic? If it broke during normal use I would guess they would've shut the ride for a while and maybe changed/reviewed all of the restraints on Baco, if not all other trains of the same design worldwide.