TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags St. Louis (SFStL) Discussion Thread

At the park today. Moderate crowds, surprising for a Thursday, even in July.

JLBFM has a sign out front that makes it sound like the ride is going to be down until they find a way to fix all of the issues. I really doubt Six Flags is going to clone these rides anymore until the problems with the current two are solved. I hope they don't, because once more are added Oceaneering and Sally aren't going to have time to keep adjusting ours.

The Boss was actually awesome today. The back row actually had a few pops of airtime.

I'm at the park today as well there is a sign for a new Fright Fest attraction when I get a chance I will take a picture of it.

Where is it? Every sign I've seen is for past houses/scare zones.

Edit: Nevermind I saw it the second I posted this.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1438288294.398816.thumb.jpg.0cf102544309f7791d97e3ecd1e234e7.jpg

I'm at the park today as well there is a sign for a new Fright Fest attraction when I get a chance I will take a picture of it.

Camp Killamore should be a spectacular addition to Fright Fest this year. I'm glad they found some more creatures/spirits/psychos that seem to be harboring dark feelings.

Looking at Fright Fest 2012 and comparing it to 2013, it was an incredible improvement. Then 2013 to 2014 was another noticeable improvement. 2014 to 2015...you guessed it, bigger, better, scarier. It'll be a fantastic time!

...I really doubt Six Flags is going to clone these rides anymore until the problems with the current two are solved. I hope they don't, because once more are added Oceaneering and Sally aren't going to have time to keep adjusting ours...

I've started writing a response to your post about a dozen times. I just can't find the proper way to respond without jumping into a five paragraph essay. I wish you worked with the park's management team so that you could see all of the details and work going on. The park's management is devastated (that isn't a dramatic overstatement), and they have been working insanely hard on a lot of things this season. You would be surprised to see the causes of the issues, and statements like the above are a bit of a slap in the face to a lot of people.

Camp Killamore should be a spectacular addition to Fright Fest this year. I'm glad they found some more creatures/spirits/psychos that seem to be harboring dark feelings.

Looking at Fright Fest 2012 and comparing it to 2013, it was an incredible improvement. Then 2013 to 2014 was another noticeable improvement. 2014 to 2015...you guessed it, bigger, better, scarier. It'll be a fantastic time!

...I really doubt Six Flags is going to clone these rides anymore until the problems with the current two are solved. I hope they don't, because once more are added Oceaneering and Sally aren't going to have time to keep adjusting ours...

I've started writing a response to your post about a dozen times. I just can't find the proper way to respond without jumping into a five paragraph essay. I wish you worked with the park's management team so that you could see all of the details and work going on. The park's management is devastated (that isn't a dramatic overstatement), and they have been working insanely hard on a lot of things this season. You would be surprised to see the causes of the issues, and statements like the above are a bit of a slap in the face to a lot of people.

I didn't mean to say anything offensive in my post... I know there's a lot of work going on behind the scenes. You yourself (I believe) said that Oceaneering is working overnights to make tweaks to the attraction. All I said was that I hope Six Flags doesn't clone the ride until it's fully able to operate at both parks it's currently at. I don't see how that's a "slap in the face" to the park? I never said that the ride wasn't awesome, I'm just saying that it certainly has had issues. Are you saying that by saying that I am being rude to the park's management?

You can defend the park all you want, but the simple fact is that Fright Fest at SFSL is very weak compared to it's cross state rival at WOF. Worlds of Fun has almost double the haunted attractions (all included with ticket) than what SFSL has and it's one of the most glaring differences between Six Flags and Cedar Fair. One of the major problems with Fright Fest is that it really doesn't include all of the park, there will be several areas that will have no decorations at all and then there will be other areas that actually do look good, but lots of people will still show up anyway and in reality that is all that matters to Six Flags.

Justice League is probably down for quite awhile, when you have to put a sign outside the ride it's never a good sign.

SFZIP: Honestly can't disagree with your fright fest point. Was that "sign" pun intended?

I didn't mean to say anything offensive in my post... I know there's a lot of work going on behind the scenes. You yourself (I believe) said that Oceaneering is working overnights to make tweaks to the attraction. All I said was that I hope Six Flags doesn't clone the ride until it's fully able to operate at both parks it's currently at. I don't see how that's a "slap in the face" to the park? I never said that the ride wasn't awesome, I'm just saying that it certainly has had issues. Are you saying that by saying that I am being rude to the park's management?

The main issue, which I have seen multiple times by multiple users, is statements like, "Oceaneering and Sally aren't going to have time to keep adjusting ours." When anyone phrases things like that as a fact, people do put some stock in that statement. However, that statement is utterly untrue. First off, with these attractions being planned approximately two years in advance, it's not like Six Flags can just pull out from any planned rides. Second, along those same lines, even if JLBM was closed literally 90% of the first year, you need to look at the long term. With Six Flags & Sally Corp's relationship, it is extremely strong and will last years.

I am very excited for the park's future & the things Sally/SF will create. I just need you to trust me here, because I can't post anything specific. Overall, you have been a very positive/constructive poster on this forum, and I have enjoyed reading your posts in the past. It's just that type of statement.

Wow. I can see how JL being down is a pretty big blow to the park. Sucks.

Although I appreciate the clues from HW, I'm personally purposely trying not to read into them. I don't want to get excited for another BIG ANNOUNCEMENT for a colorful slide complex, sky screamer, aqua twist, or even dark ride (although supposedly awesome, I don't even think I give one sh*t). I'm not holding my breath anymore for... large. steel. modern. thrills. Being a St. Louis Blues fan, I'm already used to disappointment, so I'd just rather not get my hopes up. Chances are when we finally do get steel thrills I'm convinced it will be some bullsh*t one off flippidy-do-da who gives a crap clone of Batman at Fiesta TX... "but it's sooooo fun"... whatever.

But alas... desperation has lead me to a 'possible' trip to the park this summer, so my question is... how busy are Sundays? I'm not sure why I ask, because history would show that although I'm tempted it probably won't happen.

Signed,

The pessimist (or, since as every year since Mr. Freeze's introduction would proven: the fortune teller)

^ As much as I want new steel at SFStL, I'm with you on the SFFT Batman. I don't want that here. I don't think its appropriate for our park. But, corporate will do what it will. I'll enjoy it if its what we get (providing it doesn't nauseate me), but hope for better.

I've not been on a Sunday in many years, but I'd assume they are fairly busy.

Does someone pee in prozach626 cheerios everyday?

Eh. He's right most of the time. It's hard to be positive about new additions when the park hasn't recieved a major steel coaster since 1998. Granted, JLBFM and American Thunder were great additions, but yeah, the park doesn't seem to be getting any special steel coasters anytime soon. A 4D freespin is a possibility, but very unlikely.

I heard a rumor saying that in 2016 Six Flags Over Mid America will be getting a new waterslide/slide complex. I was really hoping they were going to be the park that gets the Six Flags trademark "Titan" and it was going to be a hyper coaster of sorts or a Eurofighter/infinity coaster. Or even the park that got the trademark "Gale Force 7" which would be what Six Flags have been looking into for getting instead of Larson Super Loops, they will be, as I heard, giant models of the Zamperla Air Race and they will want the tower essentially telescope like Chance Aviators so the ride would be like riding on a Gerstlauer Sky Roller.

Justice League is probably down for quite awhile, when you have to put a sign outside the ride it's never a good sign.

One of my co-workers heard that it was not going to reopen until October. Anyone else hear anything about a time frame?

Mike

I mean, that's what happens when you debut a first of its kind attraction. I'm still glad we got the ride though, as (when it's working) it is awesome and lots of fun.

The same thing happened when SFSTL installed Mr. Freeze, except that that was delayed an entire season. I'm glad they're taking the time to fix the ride now instead of waiting until next season.

I heard a rumor saying that in 2016 Six Flags Over Mid America will be getting a new waterslide/slide complex. I was really hoping they were going to be the park that gets the Six Flags trademark "Titan" and it was going to be a hyper coaster of sorts or a Eurofighter/infinity coaster. Or even the park that got the trademark "Gale Force 7" which would be what Six Flags have been looking into for getting instead of Larson Super Loops, they will be, as I heard, giant models of the Zamperla Air Race and they will want the tower essentially telescope like Chance Aviators so the ride would be like riding on a Gerstlauer Sky Roller.

Ah, I see that I'm not the only one who reads Screamscape...

Also, Six Flags Over Mid-America is now Six Flags St. Louis.

HWFAN - Not sure if you are in the "Know" or not, I do enjoy reading your posts and appreciate all the info you share on the board. I am very much on the side of Prozac. I have been going to this park for decades (Rode the S. Eagle in '76 (I was 9), Rode the Jet Scream in '80, Rail Blazer, Sky Chuter, Mo Mo the Monster, Tiltmore Hotel, even Super Sports ... etc etc. I am a huge Amusement Park Fan, been to a lot of them - Disney (both coasts), Knotts, Busch Gardens(both), Cedar Point, KI, and so on. Anyway, it Is frustrating see other parks evolve, upgrade, renew, refurbish, redo while our park gets stale with Hand-Me-Downs from other Parks or new rides which add no value (that teacup water ride, whatever it's called - getting new Bumper Cars would have been a better choice). I do think Justice League is a Huge win for our park, too bad is it plagued with issues this year. You have been boasting about the future of our Park and I hope you are right. Guess time will tell. I am a firm believer in 'If You Build It They Will Come'. SFSTL needs a Modern Steel coaster in the worst way and until that happens I will be going to other Parks around the region/country. Might plan on my first trip to KK next year. RMC Is Building So I Am Going.

HWFAN - Not sure if you are in the "Know" or not, I do enjoy reading your posts and appreciate all the info you share on the board. I am very much on the side of Prozac. I have been going to this park for decades (Rode the S. Eagle in '76 (I was 9), Rode the Jet Scream in '80, Rail Blazer, Sky Chuter, Mo Mo the Monster, Tiltmore Hotel, even Super Sports ... etc etc. I am a huge Amusement Park Fan, been to a lot of them - Disney (both coasts), Knotts, Busch Gardens(both), Cedar Point, KI, and so on. Anyway, it Is frustrating see other parks evolve, upgrade, renew, refurbish, redo while our park gets stale with Hand-Me-Downs from other Parks or new rides which add no value (that teacup water ride, whatever it's called - getting new Bumper Cars would have been a better choice). I do think Justice League is a Huge win for our park, too bad is it plagued with issues this year. You have been boasting about the future of our Park and I hope you are right. Guess time will tell. I am a firm believer in 'If You Build It They Will Come'. SFSTL needs a Modern Steel coaster in the worst way and until that happens I will be going to other Parks around the region/country. Might plan on my first trip to KK next year. RMC Is Building So I Am Going.

One thing that has bit me pretty hard is what I have learned over the last few years. When disappointing things happen, it's even more disappointing not being able to share what is going on that caused said issue. There's also a lot of "ohhh, that's what is going on; now it makes sense." However, I try to share with you all everything I can without giving away information that the park would like kept to themselves (which they have every right to). Some have mentioned that I seem to have posted "clues", but it's one of those things where you would look back after an announcement before you had any clue what I was or wasn't hinting at.

My "boasting" of the park's future is hard to take stock in at the moment, because it is taking such a long time. The investment in renovation of the park's buildings/infrastructure has been really impressive this past year (although you didn't seem 80% of what was done), and the trend is set to continue to refresh the park. Without seeing much for yourself, it's hard to have a positive attitude. If you were to skip ahead and visit the park opening day of 2020, it would blow you away. Unfortunately that means next to nothing at this point. There is so much groundwork that has to be done first, but the future really is bright. I hope to see you in the park in the future, and I can't argue with your logic for visiting other parks right now. You should visit parks that offer what you enjoy (for a lot of people, that's SFSL, and for others, it's not).