TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags St. Louis (SFStL) Discussion Thread

If Rush Street Flyer didn't have to be replaced, here's something I think would be cool:

Replace the Ninja with a custom Eurofighter and retheme that area of the Ninja/Joke/Axis Games to an area called the Joker's Circus. You could put Fireball somewhere near the bottom of the first drop of the coaster (as long as it would fit), and you could theme it like a ring of fire that you, the stunt performer/coaster rider, were going to ride through.

Regardless, that whole Ninja to Tsunami Soaker area needs to pick a theme!

If Rush Street Flyer didn't have to be replaced, here's something I think would be cool:

Replace the Ninja with a custom Eurofighter and retheme that area of the Ninja/Joke/Axis Games to an area called the Joker's Circus. You could put Fireball somewhere near the bottom of the first drop of the coaster (as long as it would fit), and you could theme it like a ring of fire that you, the stunt performer/coaster rider, were going to ride through.

I agree, except I think the whole park needs to take a year off from dropping millions into a new attraction and spend that on theming improvements throughout. I'd be happier with better theming than I would be with anything short of a new large-scale coaster at this point.

I agree, except I think the whole park needs to take a year off from dropping millions into a new attraction and spend that on theming improvements throughout. I'd be happier with better theming than I would be with anything short of a new large-scale coaster at this point.

What? I mean, I do really like themeing (SDC is my favorite park), but I don't see why themeing is really needed at the park. Would it be nice? Sure, but the park already looks decent, and an amazing new steel coaster is what this park really needs right now.

I could not agree more with this.

With Fright Fest a week away this is the 2015 lineup: (MAP)

The Slaughter House (extra charge) – in old Mine Train station house

Insanity Alley (extra charge) – outdoor maze behind Empire Theater (enter by Joker, Inc.)

Blind Fury (extra charge) – outdoor maze in shade arbors

Voided Vision (extra charge) – inside Sound Stage No.2

Camp Killamore (extra charge) – inside Hurricane Harbor - NEW

Wrecker’s Salvage (extra charge) – hayride (enter at Tidal Wave) - NEW

Love At First Fright – at Palace Theater

Dead Man’s Party – Palace Porch

Freaks Unleashed (starts Fright by Night) – Palace Porch

Final Freakout (night show) {Friday and Saturday only} – Palace porch

Will Rotten presents Freakout Circus (freak show) – next to Sound Stage No. 2

The Dead Beats – Studio Backlot (next to Joker, Inc.)

Pyrogeist – DC Comics Plaza circle

Steve Daly’s Dreamz Comedy Hypnosis Show – at Empire Theater

The Pumkin Porch (kids stage) {Saturday and Sunday only} – Bugs Bunny National Park

Macabre Mansion (story telling and more) – Miss Kitty’s/Calico’s area

Cornelius’ Hay Maze (kids maze) – Old Glory Amphitheater (behind Go-Fresh/Kickin’ Chicken)

• Scare Zones –- Minions Of The Scare-O-Jack – front mall area; Zombieville – Old Chicago (Boomerang) area; Sinister Clowns – near Batman: The Ride; Gag Alley – near Calico’s; Gnawlins’ Hollow – Log Flume/Shazam area; Spider Alley – Moon Cars/American Thunder area; The Seven Deadly Sins – St. Louis Train Station area; Vengeful Trolls (with “Big Troll”) – in front of Colossus - NEW

The park has also added bonus days on November 7 and 8 (open 12-6 both days).

The Slaughter House (extra charge) – in old Mine Train station house

Insanity Alley (extra charge) – outdoor maze behind Empire Theater (enter by Joker, Inc.)

Blind Fury (extra charge) – outdoor maze in shade arbors

Voided Vision (extra charge) – inside Sound Stage No.2

Camp Killamore (extra charge) – inside Hurricane Harbor - NEW

Wrecker’s Salvage (extra charge) – hayride (enter at Tidal Wave) - NEW

Love At First Fright – at Palace Theater

Dead Man’s Party – Palace Porch

Freaks Unleashed (starts Fright by Night) – Palace Porch

Final Freakout (night show) {Friday and Saturday only} – Palace porch

Will Rotten presents Freakout Circus (freak show) – next to Sound Stage No. 2

The Dead Beats – Studio Backlot (next to Joker, Inc.)

Pyrogeist – DC Comics Plaza circle

Steve Daly’s Dreamz Comedy Hypnosis Show – at Empire Theater

The Pumkin Porch (kids stage) {Saturday and Sunday only} – Bugs Bunny National Park

Macabre Mansion (story telling and more) – Miss Kitty’s/Calico’s area

Cornelius’ Hay Maze (kids maze) – Old Glory Amphitheater (behind Go-Fresh/Kickin’ Chicken)

• Scare Zones –- Minions Of The Scare-O-Jack – front mall area; Zombieville – Old Chicago (Boomerang) area; Sinister Clowns – near Batman: The Ride; Gag Alley – near Calico’s; Gnawlins’ Hollow – Log Flume/Shazam area; Spider Alley – Moon Cars/American Thunder area; The Seven Deadly Sins – St. Louis Train Station area; Vengeful Trolls (with “Big Troll”) – in front of Colossus - NEW

It's cool that Voided Vision and Slaughter House will be open for 2 hours during the daytime on Saturdays, but I'm not a fan of the park reducing hours. Didn't Fridays used to be 4pm-1am? Maybe I'm just imagining things.

I'm really looking forward to Camp Killamore and Wrecker's Salvage, I just hope house wristbands don't go up by too much.

Sorry for digging up a topic from a few pages ago but I just wanted to add a quick note about the HR Reserve Team.

I saw the listing and applied and was hired. I had my Discovery class today and am currently waiting on instructions on training or whatever the next step is.

My situation is that I live 2 miles from the park and I visit the park nearly daily. This is the 3rd Six Flags park that I've had as a home park (I've visited most of the Six Flags, Cedar Fair, Disney, Universal, Busch, etc. parks in the US) and this is by far my favorite home park. It's not the biggest or best park, but the employees have always stood out to me as being very friendly and helpful. I see Dave Roemer and other executives in the park all of the time and they're very approachable and care a ton about what they do and it's infectious to the other employees and guests. I also like how accessible the park is with a relatively easy to get around layout and light to moderate crowds it draws on most days. It's really easily to come by for a few hours, ride some rides or just walk around and then go on with your day.

I started my own business this year and considered applying for a part time job there just because it sounded interesting and I was curious about what the other side was like. I also wanted to help out a park that I really cared a lot about. I've only ever had office IT jobs and never had a job anything like this. I was afraid of getting stuck in something I didn't enjoy and stuck working a ton of hours outside all day in the hot humid Missouri summers and ended up never applying.

This position seemed like the perfect fit for me. I get called in when I'm really needed. I get to help out and it sounds like I'll get a lot of variety in what I'm doing and not just stuck doing any one thing. The limited nature of the position still gives me plenty of time to attend to my business and the other things I have going on. I get to help out the park which I'm going to be spending time at anyway. Heck, I left the Discovery class today, went home and got my wife and went right back to the park as a guest to enjoy the rest of my day there.

A little long winded but what I'm getting at is if your park has a position like this and you're even remotely considering applying absolutely give it a try. You're not going to be working so many hours that it impacts your life and anything else you're doing. You have full say in taking only the shifts you want. Plus you get a look at the other side of the operation and you get paid for going to the park that you'll be going to anyway.

Could our Six Flags ever get Holiday In The Park?

I don't see why not, St.Louis has to be warmer than Great Adventure and they're getting one.

It's not just about the temperature. In the coming years it will be interesting to see which parks might get Holiday in the Park. With SFGAdv, they're really the main park in that area and would pretty much dominate the theme park holiday market. However, it's interesting for Missouri as SDC throws a really popular & established Christmas event. Shows are a big part of it. Either way, let's just see how SFGAdv does first, and then see if we get lucky.

With Fright Fest 2015 just 5 days away, I thought I'd post all the pictures that I have seen of Scare Zone Construction around the park! These are not my photos, they were taken by @we_heart_sixflags_stl_fanpage just yesterday while the annual American Coaster Enthusiasts Daredevil Daze event was happening

Screenshot_2015-09-26-14-33-44-1.png.b678bceabaffad13de589e46856a5d56.png

The entrance to Wrecker's Salvage is right over by Tidal Wave, which means a perfect oppurtunity for the zombies of Zombieville to pop over to the queue line and get a few scares.

Screenshot_2015-09-26-14-32-36-1.png.623506fda35007f59bba4c6b41178b3d.png

A shockingly realistic corpse prop over near Zombieville. This is sure to turn some heads.

Screenshot_2015-09-26-14-29-10-1.png.15d61080f0266601cfd0cbc83d2b10ac.png

Gnawlin's Hollow!

Screenshot_2015-09-26-14-36-46-1.png.276a0735e329b00071ad210dd519cd0a.png

Work had just begun on the rest of Sinister Clowns just yesterday

Screenshot_2015-09-26-14-30-13-1.png.5179e21ad006a3a38667727c7c4a60ee.png

Spider Alley has actually been spread pretty far along this year!

Could our Six Flags ever get Holiday In The Park?

I don't see why not, St.Louis has to be warmer than Great Adventure and they're getting one.

It's not just about the temperature. In the coming years it will be interesting to see which parks might get Holiday in the Park. With SFGAdv, they're really the main park in that area and would pretty much dominate the theme park holiday market. However, it's interesting for Missouri as SDC throws a really popular & established Christmas event. Shows are a big part of it. Either way, let's just see how SFGAdv does first, and then see if we get lucky.

Regarding Holiday in the Park - I'd love to see STL get it. From what I've seen of the others it's really neat and I'd love to extend the ride season. However I understand that the park may be concerned given the popularity of SDC's Christmas season. I went last year and it was MUCH busier than a normal summer day, but I'm sure it would still be possible for Six Flags to draw a huge crowd. There have to be tens of thousands of patrons here who don't have the time or means to get to SDC, and even then it's a different situation that may not be appealing to all. I feel like Six Flags has a history of saturating their portfolio with similar attractions (Batman, Fireball, Fright Fest, etc) and with HITP they're just in that phase where it's slowly being rolled out as a test run year-by-year. It probably won't be long until most Six Flags parks have it.

I'm going to be in town October 9 and was wondering if anyone had some tips for someone who wants to ride everything except Ninja. What to hit first, how crowds will be early in the day (I plan to get there at park opening and stay until sometime the afternoon). I don't plan on doing any mazes or any FF stuff while I'm there.

I'm going to be in town October 9 and was wondering if anyone had some tips for someone who wants to ride everything except Ninja. What to hit first, how crowds will be early in the day (I plan to get there at park opening and stay until sometime the afternoon). I don't plan on doing any mazes or any FF stuff while I'm there.

I think the park is only open at night on the 9th

I think the park is only open at night on the 9th

Pixelated is correct, park is only open 6-midnight on Fridays.