TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags St. Louis (SFStL) Discussion Thread

I am disappointed to call SFSTL my home park, Why??

We have horrible coasters, like seriously the only good ones are American Thunder and Mr. Freeze.

I'd still say Batman is a quality coaster. As far as classic coasters go, Screaming Eagle is also another good ride.

I don't like our park either, but it could be worse: WoF, Indiana Beach, Magic Springs. I'd also say our park is better than KK in its current state, but give it five years and I think KK will be a more desirable park. A few years ago I would have said our park had an edge on Holiday World, but that is no longer true. Seeing as how Cedar Fair is upping their game, I'd be willing to bet we'll loose the edge on WoF soon, too.

We have horrible coasters, like seriously the only good ones are American Thunder and Mr. Freeze.

I'd still say Batman is a quality coaster. As far as classic coasters go, Screaming Eagle is also another good ride.

I don't like our park either, but it could be worse: WoF, Indiana Beach, Magic Springs. I'd also say our park is better than KK in its current state, but give it five years and I think KK will be a more desirable park. A few years ago I would have said our park had an edge on Holiday World, but that is no longer true. Seeing as how Cedar Fair is upping their game, I'd be willing to bet we'll loose the edge on WoF soon, too.

Thats why i Visit Six Flags Great America more than SFSTL.

There wasn't any name calling, only fact stating. Perhaps you can read and just have a comprehension problem. Regardless, it is obvious that you are the keyboard warrior. I suppose that if discussion about what ifs or what might be is not allowed, this site is essentially a dead site. You seem to have forgotten you've been known to speculate in the past -

Re: Six Flags St. Louis (SFStL) Discussion Thread

by prozach626 » Fri Aug 10, 2012 8:04 am

With the removal of the bumper cars and tidal wave, I seriously wouldn't be surprised if we got x flight. Just saying.

Hey...I wonder if they'll ever repave the parking lot or maybe pull some weeds.

As for "Keyboard" warrior - ooook. I say what's on my mind in person and from behind the keyboard. I often offer an opposing opinion different from "Wow Aqua Twist is the best new attraction EVER!" I don't win any popularity contests for it, but I don't care. I'm cynical and not much different in person. For a living I confront the people who give you a reason to own a firearm and lock your doors at night. I don't get my rocks off by being an "Internet tough guy." There is no such thing.

My entire point was that there has already been continuous, repeated, and worn out speculation in the past over these subjects. However, you seemed to have missed that point. Feel free to discuss more ideas that have already been talked to death, please.

Let's go ahead and re speculate over subjects that have already been discussed 20 times over in the past few years:

Hyper for 2016

RMC for 2015

Mr. Freeze - one side forward launch one side backwards

Something to replace the Ninja in 2017 (Maybe a Eurofighter with lap bars only, a launch, and 90 degree lift!?!?)

Refurbishment of the Mine Train with themeing to make it JUST like a Disney ride...

The addition of a kiddie coaster

You can also bring up great new ideas such as: Wouldn't it be awesome to build a roller coaster where the new paintball park is?

Great??? Of course it would be f***ing great!! Likely??? Not anytime this year and probably not next. Although Justice League refurbishment bores the ever living crap out of me, at least there is some base to it. It's an actual relevant conversation, as opposed to talking about a coaster type that we may never get in an area that has already been developed with a newer (although YES... worthless) attraction. Could I see it happen in the future? Maybe... but it's pointless to think about until we see some survey marks or ground clearing. We've all THOUGHT about the placement of decent roller coasters all throughout the park, but who the hell cares? Your 2nd post on the forum was nearly as worthless as the kids who come in and say "Does anyone think this park could benefit from having a hyper?" or "I really think this park is going to get something BIIIIIIGGGG in the next couple of years!!!!"

Pointless speculation has already been pointlessly over speculated, but let's go ahead and reinvent the wheel one more time, if you please. Who's up for a Eurofighter in place of worthless paintball? Everyone? Good. Let's move on.

I'm sure you're just a mall security guard with an inferiority complex, but hey thanks for keeping me safe while I shop at the FootLocker. Your opinion is your opinion and you're entitled to it. It's okay if you keep it to yourself sometimes.

This particular page is a DISCUSSION forum. If you need, I will supply a link to the definition of that word. You get your Victoria's Secret panties all in a bunch because someone comes here and wants to have a discussion on speculation. Remember, you are guilty of doing the exact same thing you're whining about. Unless you have something of value to add, skip the post or read past it. Just get over it and move on.

We have horrible landscaping

and worst of all rough a$$ coasters,

Boss, Ninja. People who call SFSTL their home park, should be disappointed.

SFSTL is my home park and I love it... Yeah it's not the biggest park with the most rides.. Yeah it doesn't have a signature steel coaster like we all would love to have...It's still a great park and lots of people put lots of hard work into it. You can only do the best with what you have and how much money you have to spend. Have a nice day

I'll admit, I used to hate Six Flags St Louis. I'd choose a traveling carnival over Six Flags St Louis any day. Those days are gone. It may not the best Six Flags park in the chain, but there are good people that have been putting lots of hard work into it. Things like the paint job on Batman and the bathrooms in DC Plaza, sealing the asphalt and replacing worn wood here and there are all steps in the right direction. I'm a Six Flags St Louis Fan now and I remain optimistic about it. It's nice to see Dave out talking to the guests and it's good to see the park getting new attractions period. Even if it isn't a world record breaking coaster.

I'm sure you're just a mall security guard with an inferiority complex, but hey thanks for keeping me safe while I shop at the FootLocker. Your opinion is your opinion and you're entitled to it. It's okay if you keep it to yourself sometimes.

This particular page is a DISCUSSION forum. If you need, I will supply a link to the definition of that word. You get your Victoria's Secret panties all in a bunch because someone comes here and wants to have a discussion on speculation. Remember, you are guilty of doing the exact same thing you're whining about. Unless you have something of value to add, skip the post or read past it. Just get over it and move on.

Your blind assumptions are as worthless as your discussion topics. When you said shop at FootLocker, are you sure you didn't mean work? Maybe that is where the Victoria's Secret reference comes in?

Is it time to stop with the cheap shots yet, or do you have a mom joke to add to make you feel clever?

Prozach do you realize how much of a hypocrite you are? Here is you saying you think SFStL is better than WoF:

And here is you in the WoF thread saying the opposite, all while joining in on the ever cliche topic of Patriot's "forcelessness":

I never said I hated WoF. I actually like it better than my home park (SFSTL), which I haven't been to in years. I just think the two large steel additions could have been better. I liked Mamba's airtime hill and helix. After that the uncomfortable bunny hops killed it for me. That and I have a personal prejudice against Morgan trains. They are really ugly to me, let alone uncomfortable.

For me, Patriot was a lot like Silver Bullet. It looks great and I always have that desire to ride it. However, when I got off I always felt underwhelmed. The B&M invert is my favorite coaster type and Patriot was a let down for me. Like Silver Bullet, I didn't feel it stacks up to the many other inverts I've ridden.

But wait, is that you saying you haven't been to SFStL in years?! Ah, now I totally understand why you're so qualified to be SFStL thread records keeper... what?

Let's keep going though. Here is you getting corrected in the WoF thread for incorrect reasoning and conceding that you should have checked your facts:

Thanks for clearing that up for me. I should have checked my facts, but I assumed Mamba was a lot newer than it actually is. That being the case, it was a pretty solid addition for 98.

I still disagree when referring to Patriot, but that's all subjective.

You're so calm when the person who forgot to do their reading is YOU, yet so volatile when others haven't read 400 something pages to your liking? And was that a mention of subjectivity at the end there? I thought opinions were only tolerable if they were new and innovative? We're doing so well, so let's top it off with a cherry:

I wish WOF Gets an airtime machine in 2016/2017

This post was just 3 posts ahead of the last post of yours I quoted in the WoF thread. Sounds kind of similar to SFStl Fan's innocent post you blew up about, yet you didn't scold xXCcsc918Xx for posting something that many others have.

I'd love to keep going, but the more I look around the forums the more I agree with these posts:

Or, we can keep going back and forth if you want, while you indulge in your name calling behind the security of your keyboard.

Pot, meet Kettle. If this person is expected to monitor his posts so they aren't repetitive to you, shouldn't you be offering the rest of us the same consideration? For real dude.

I've just gotten to where I ignore prozach when he makes comments I dont agree with. I just wish he would offer the same respect to those of us when we discuss what he deems unnecessary subject matter.

So thank you prozach, for I will now have less crap to read on these forums when I see your posts and elect to keep scrolling.

On topic: This year's new addition sucks and I can't wait til we get a new big steel coaster! My brain is already on hold for 2015's announcement!

You know what I don't understand? Six Flags started two compact coasters which would be cheap to install, yet none have been added to any other Six Flags, let alone this one which could use either. Granted, Batman hasn't been made yet, but the Superman one has been around for two years now, with no other addition.

I also hate how their isn't a product line name for the Superman/Sky Scream clones. Not that it's really needed, but it would help as people wonder which Superman: Ultimate Flight clones we are talking about.

Prozach do you realize how much of a hypocrite you are? Here is you saying you think SFStL is better than WoF:

And here is you in the WoF thread saying the opposite, all while joining in on the ever cliche topic of Patriot's "forcelessness":

I never said I hated WoF. I actually like it better than my home park (SFSTL), which I haven't been to in years. I just think the two large steel additions could have been better. I liked Mamba's airtime hill and helix. After that the uncomfortable bunny hops killed it for me. That and I have a personal prejudice against Morgan trains. They are really ugly to me, let alone uncomfortable.

For me, Patriot was a lot like Silver Bullet. It looks great and I always have that desire to ride it. However, when I got off I always felt underwhelmed. The B&M invert is my favorite coaster type and Patriot was a let down for me. Like Silver Bullet, I didn't feel it stacks up to the many other inverts I've ridden.

Pay more attention. SFSTL IS better than WoF in terms of rides. However, I said I prefer WoF. You sure got me on that one..................

Thanks for clearing that up for me. I should have checked my facts, but I assumed Mamba was a lot newer than it actually is. That being the case, it was a pretty solid addition for 98.

I still disagree when referring to Patriot, but that's all subjective.

Apologizing for being being incorrect. How immature of me????

You're so calm when the person who forgot to do their reading is YOU, yet so volatile when others haven't read 400 something pages to your liking? And was that a mention of subjectivity at the end there? I thought opinions were only tolerable if they were new and innovative? We're doing so well, so let's top it off with a cherry:

I wish WOF Gets an airtime machine in 2016/2017

This post was just 3 posts ahead of the last post of yours I quoted in the WoF thread. Sounds kind of similar to SFStl Fan's innocent post you blew up about, yet you didn't scold xXCcsc918Xx for posting something that many others have.

So you what you're saying is... you want me to pick apart every post in every thread? So... you're criticizing me... for not criticizing another forum member?? Is there anything else in the WoF that I missed that I should pay attention to? That and I didn't "blow up" about anything.

But wait, is that you saying you haven't been to SFStL in years?! Ah, now I totally understand why you're so qualified to be SFStL thread records keeper... what?

You don't have to go to see that not much has changed. Point?

Either way. I don't know who you are, nor do I care, but thanks for paying so much attention to me. That doesn't look weird at all... Good job proving nothing... about anything... You proved nothing. Did you have any other purpose of coming in here other than to perpetuate and argument that should have ended pages ago??

So....is there anyone going to Daredevil daze?

I would but the ridiculous price of an ACE membership and the fact that the event seems to have a far lamer schedule than years past keeps me from doing so.

I mean, Club TPR is half the price and parks seem to be opening up more and more events that used to be ACE-only to Club TPR and other smaller clubs.

So now that we know that some of the users know how to use the search function on the forums, is the pissing contest over???

Hopefully we will see more sprucing up this upcoming season considering no RMC, no B&M hyper, no Eurofighter, no intamin megalite, no mega, no giga, no kiddie coaster, etc for the next year at least.

We have horrible landscaping

and worst of all rough a$$ coasters,

Boss, Ninja. People who call SFSTL their home park, should be disappointed.

Even if so, still be thankful for what you have! A lesson I teach my kids. It's always easy to criticize but we forget, things could be worse. There are many cities (for instance, we have season passes and meet people all the time from Memphis) who would love just to have something called an amusement park.....where they don't have to drive out-of-town to experience! I want more improvements too but I still patronize and my little ones love it there!

Fright Fest set-up is in full swing, while most of Fright Fest will be the same there are a few changes - Voided Vision replaces Total Darkness, the Sinister Clowns area has been moved to the former Turbo Bungy loaction in front of Batman (since Tsunami Soaker took over the former area) and The Dead Beats is a new show for this year.

Here is a look back at the 26 year (2014 will be year 27) history of Fright Nights / Fright Fest at Six Flags St. Louis:

FF1.thumb.jpg.056683d8c9f182d7b6b3f4e69f51a96b.jpg

FF10.thumb.jpg.f6b90023993b915beb8c656eb06b962d.jpg

FF11.thumb.jpg.736895ca2b14e42edf7ec666c8c6d42c.jpg

FF2.thumb.jpg.0c1320bbee806aaca20604c6afbcd8b3.jpg

FF3.thumb.jpg.aa2b31cc1ffa37707d098b082b83187b.jpg

FF4.thumb.jpg.c63bdc01a8cb59f32e3526b0dd108287.jpg

FF5.thumb.jpg.57d8bd4b52b3c87a6d178431dfe03a52.jpg

FF6.thumb.jpg.b8db9e7ac0ec2ed0c8d45e0ae1349d30.jpg

FF7.thumb.jpg.502d10a80dc388e75028d982cda40359.jpg

FF8.thumb.jpg.8c8c9ddb2f5fa5b164eb242f45f62f70.jpg

FF9.thumb.jpg.5074ffc6194409aaad2786585fcfc52b.jpg

From what I remember, Burrows Mansion was really good, but House of the Living Dead was horrible. It was basically the scooby doo ride with actors in dark clothes that would scream and shine a flashlight at you. There was also a guy in dark clothes with a hockey mask(wearing it like a hat), with black eye makeup.