TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Over Texas (SFOT) Discussion Thread

That's because they keep running it on one train. It was an hour wait for us, last time we were there and it was a light crowd that day. They probably won't run it on 2 trains the rest of the season. It's about to close up for HIP in about a month and a half and why bother getting the other one going when there are flash passes to be sold!

I rode the first public ride this morning for NTaG's reopening. I barely noticed any difference with the new restraints. The new lap bars do seem to be a bit more comfortable or maybe the trains were running a bit slow that early in the morning. Did notice that the air time seemed to be a bit weaker. I am going to have to try it later tonight.

Pretty cool that the pics I took for my face book page that I shared with the Coaster Crew are now here. I was just about to post them when I noticed some very familiar shots.

Heard from the park president today at the Lonestar Coasterthon that there may be something big coming in 2015.

The park still only has two people checking restraints, the attendants now wave their hands in front of your crotch as if they are checking something, the panel op no longer chit chats as the ride is being checked, they've somehow managed to increase dispatch times to six minutes.

On another note I find the restraints super comfy, the lap bar Indicator lights have been removed.

image.thumb.jpg.19c0146f18b8b6f6a95b3a0eab193831.jpg

Tons of management standing around

image.thumb.jpg.ca0ca4cb68d6f705bef39c8344ad46b7.jpg

Wraps around to keep you in

image.thumb.jpg.ba8399669d55f76d10f8e34911571964.jpg

Rounded and comfy

image.thumb.jpg.3c960869525142e195b200676326d4fc.jpg

Noooooo!!!!!!!!

image.thumb.jpg.cabf5a7bdb31fa8034eaa6ee54f0338a.jpg

Still a great ride!!

image.thumb.jpg.99865b342c9daf9ae33420741b6f0cf4.jpg

I like, no longer hurts the thighs

image.thumb.jpg.e3654b1ec5d200ac6307ba433c79b23b.jpg

Lab bar indicator lights are gone and have been plugged

We went for another round just before they closed up at 8pm, and it was even better the second time. I don't know what it is about coasters that make them seem faster at night, but it seemed faster. It was so good that I needed a cigarette afterwards, and I don't smoke. Going back tomorrow with some friends to enjoy it some more. The part I found most amusing from our day (aside from the rides) was the 2 guys behind us on Titan. I could tell it was their first time by the way they screamed, " OH SH&T!!" going over the crest of the hill. They were screaming like ladies and dropping "S" bombs most of the way, then going through the last set of helixes one of them started screaming, "My cankles!!" over and over. I laughed so hard. We got stopped and I looked back and asked if that was their first time, and they said it was. I asked if they'd been on NTAG yet, and they weren't having any of that. It was pretty darn funny.

I feel bad for the ride operators sometimes. When I was in line about to board superman, the nice ride host during the pre-ride safety briefing about lose articles noticed two men ignoring him and facing the other way, so the host went up to them two and told them to put their hats and sunglasses in the bin, the man then resumes to drop F-bombs in his face in front of other children. I'm suprised the host didn't call security. Anyway I felt bad for the host but point being if you're going to Six Flags, just leave your bad mood at the front gate for crying out loud

That would be great if they do keep them open for HIP. We didn't ride it today. Not while they are running Freeze on a 1 train operation. It takes way too long. We waited an hour last time. Batman, I won't ride out here unless the line is super short. They take way too long to get people on and off. I am amazed at how San Antonio goes so fast on theirs. Now if we can just get Shock Wave opened back up......

I feel bad for the ride operators sometimes. When I was in line about to board superman, the nice ride host during the pre-ride safety briefing about lose articles noticed two men ignoring him and facing the other way, so the host went up to them two and told them to put their hats and sunglasses in the bin, the man then resumes to drop F-bombs in his face in front of other children. I'm suprised the host didn't call security. Anyway I felt bad for the host but point being if you're going to Six Flags, just leave your bad mood at the front gate for crying out loud

The problem is they aren't ever really trained how to handle irate guests and there is always the factor of adrenaline. It took me a long time to figure it out. Probably not till I was 22 and I have been working service jobs since 17.