TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Universal Orlando Resort (USO, IOA) Discussion Thread

P. 611: Full Halloween Horror Nights 2021 lineup revealed!

Gladly when I was there crowds were way lower. Coasters were mostly a walk-on all day in both parks. Forbidden Journey topped at 30 minutes - but Single Rider was always a walk-on.

In the Studios I overheard some midway games attendant talking and one said: "If this [Harry Potter extension] opens we'll get very busy here!"

At Epcot you can get quite happy during the whole year. They've a 2 drinks policy per stand - but there're enough stands around the lake...

Is USO lisenced to have beer/wine/cocktails in the park? If so, I fully support the Moe's Tavern idea. You seriously have no idea how excited I am about this Simpsons expansion.

lol! You must have never visited Universal Orlando before during Halloween Horror nights when there is possibly more alcohol stands in the park than people could possibly drink....but somehow they drink it!

Perhaps we sill finally have the chance to try a "Flaming Moe": "Where liquor in a mug/Can warm you like a hug . . ."

I don't even remember when my last visit to Universal was but I remember the place feeling kind of run down and slightly out dated so it's nice to see everything with a fresh coat of paint, and great crowds even in the "off season". I seriously need to get back down there but at this point I should probably just wait a few more years until everything at both parks is completely done! Then I can get a room at Cabana Bay Beach, play the sci-fi drive in mini golf, get a multi-day multi-park hopping ticket Potter Transport ticket and see everything I've missed over the past couple of years!

Also, even though it's 7 months away it should be interesting to see how the construction effects HHN.

Also, even though it's 7 months away it should be interesting to see how the construction effects HHN.

I don't think it should effect it any more/less than it did in 2012. I'll be honest, I thought 2012's HHN was one of the weakest yet, but I don't think the construction had anything to do with it. Hoping HHN starts getting a bit better....

Rob, I was there last month and I too felt that hulk was unusually rough for a B&M. I was wondering if the wheel on my particular car could've been wearing out but not sure. Nonetheless, I rode twice, but I was a bit (and surprisingly so) underwhelmed by the ride it gave.

I think the Simpsons store fronts are Kwik - E - mart, KFP, Moes, and Krusty Burger.

How were HRRR, Mummy, and the other attractions?

I don't think it should effect it any more/less than it did in 2012. I'll be honest, I thought 2012's HHN was one of the weakest yet, but I don't think the construction had anything to do with it. Hoping HHN starts getting a bit better....

Same. I actually thought Howl-o-Scream at Busch Gardens Williamsburg and Haunt at Kings Dominion were more entertaining than Universal's Halloween Horror Nights last year. At least they seemed to be trying a bit harder--and they didn't cost me extra money.

Edited by cfc

How were HRRR, Mummy, and the other attractions?
I didn't ride anything else. To be honest, when you're a local and go to these parks all the time, I find myself just wandering around, riding one or two things, taking pictures, and taking my time more casually. I'm in the parks probably about 15 days out of each month, so the need to ride a lot of stuff kind of lessens when you're there so often! Edited by robbalvey

Honestly, I've been of the opinion that Hulk is very rough and quite unenjoyable for years now... including my latest visit in November. Given, I'm only at IOA every couple years so it's possible I always catch it on "bad days", but somehow I doubt that's the case.

Thanks for the pictures, Robb... makes me wish I was back in Florida right now instead of 21-degree PA!

Edited by PennStater

We were there in October, 2011 and the Hulk was quite rough. Had a headache after that one ride! It was pretty smooth back in 2007 when we were there.

I thought the park was clean and in great shape for that visit.

Jim

I found Hulk quite okay two weeks ago - even better than the Duelling Dragons - but rode always in the back as crowds were low. The last corkscrew was the worst part. The temps were on the low end for Florida at that time and maybe that was the reason it ran a little better...

Duff beer!

Yeah, I am sure it will taste like Miller Lite if they actually sell it.

Florida Brewing Company is working on the Duff beer product, the real question is whether it will be a new product or a clone of Hogs Head Ale.

I think the Simpsons store fronts are Kwik - E - mart, KFP, Moes, and Krusty Burger?

That's correct and in that order but add in Androids on the end (Comic Book Guys shop). Which as I said earlier will be a facade only. The old IFFF side is being rushed at this point so they can close down the rest of the waterfront side for a complete rebuild as well. Due to a bottleneck effect they cannot wall off the rest of the waterfront just yet. I'm sure a local like Rob noticed the current walls create a VERY narrow walkway already.

Fun Fact: In the original plans General Changs Taco Italiano was going to be placed in between the Kwik E Mart and Moe's. So the original line up was to be Kwik E Mart, General Changs, Moe's, Krustyburger, and then Kentucky Fried Panda, followed by renovated restrooms. But in the end marketing and creative decided that no one would recognize General Changs as expected. So Changs was dropped and the KFP put in its place. And to complete the facade Androids is going on the end.

The entire land will be very well done with a HIGH level of detail throughout.

Duff beer!

Yeah, I am sure it will taste like Miller Lite if they actually sell it.

Florida Brewing Company is working on the Duff beer product, the real question is whether it will be a new product or a clone of Hogs Head Ale.

As long as it's better than Miller Lite.

Thanks for the wonderful update! It upsets me that I've gone to Disney 7 times, but have yet to cross foot in a Universal Park. I definitely want to go down in like 4 years when Potterland and *potentially* Jurassic Park land are open. I'm upset I never got to ride Jaws, as I found out that my father actually worked on the team of engineers that developed the water circulation/management system for the ride.

Does Universal give behind the scene tours like the one just posted in sea world? I would be intrigued to see behind the scenes of all there construction. I know that is a newb questions.

Yes. If you look at the front page of this thread, you'll see links to many updates we've done. Quite a few of them include behind the scenes tours: http://www.themeparkreview.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=35993

Very entertaining update and in case anyone from Universal Creative senior management is reading: FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, PLEASE COME UP WITH A REAL FLAMING MOE! That could be the next "butterbeer"-style phenomenon, especially if it includes a reasonable facsimile of Krusty's Non Narkotik Kough Syrup. I'd pay $10 a pop for that, no joke.

How do the Universal parks compare to the WDW ones on theming and cleanliness and stuff like that? I've seen so many pictures of the Universal parks through the years and they really look stunning. Is the quality up there with Disney in real life? Because the pictures definitely make it look like that is the case!

The pictures speak the truth. The theming at Universal is only matched by Disney, and in quite a few places, passes Disney. The parks are always clean. As you can see in the update, two lands at Islands of Adventure just went through a massive repainting (Toon Lagoon and Seuss Landing).

• coasterbill changed the title to Universal Orlando Resort (USO, IOA) Discussion Thread