TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Universal Orlando Resort (USO, IOA) Discussion Thread

P. 624: Super Nintendo World unveiled!

the shareholders meeting statement has refers to the new coaster opening "this year"

As I've said earlier, I'm not sure how much credence to give the "shareholders statement." The Universal Web site still says "Spring 2009," which could take us well into June.

I prefer to take a more "zen" approach: "We shall see." And, like everybody else here, I'm looking forward to this ride--a lot.

Thanks for sharing the pictures of the cars--they look pretty cool.

I even have hope it will be done before i go on May 8th!

yeah i will be there 9th and 10th May, so we can only both hope but i dont like our chances

lol yea i know! even if its not well be able to get some awesome shots of this beast!

It definitely looks like stadium style seating. I truly hope they finish for July, but if not, I have made it a priority to visit the park after HP fully opens anyhow, and will ride then. True...some awesome pictures to be taken at the very least!

Time for a new poll in the Potterverse. Universal's Website has the latest poll up and this is an important one. It asks if you would like to purchase a replica hero wand, replica villain wand, or a wand from Ollivander's that picks you. Now if that wouldn't be an awesome experience for Potterville, I don't know what would.

This is also another clue indicating the possibility of bringing a MagiQuest experience to the new land. This would be the first stop. Needless to say, go support this poll and show Universal that this is a good idea.

Well, now that all the station track has been installed and the final evac. tower completed, all but one smaller crane have been removed from property. Everything except the station work has come to a complete stop. I'm starting to wonder if Universal is ever going to say anything about the status of this project. We've only had that one official press release from over a year ago and the two really generic blog entries on the Rockit site.

I guess no news is good news, but still. If they planned on opening this ride within the next two months, you'd think we'd actually have some solid information about an opening date, or just general info on the elements/special features of this coaster or maybe even some kind of official video at the very least.

Here's to hoping this week brings some news, and good news at that!

Talked to two different people today. One that is affiliated with Universal and the other that just works in the industry. They are saying there are issues with the design of the lift hill as well and that it is being reengineered? They also say the earliest that the ride could open now is late June. Not saying its true, but one more story relating to lift hill issues.

Talked to two different people today. One that is affiliated with Universal and the other that just works in the industry. They are saying there are issues with the design of the lift hill as well and that it is being reengineered? They also say the earliest that the ride could open now is late June. Not saying its true, but one more story relating to lift hill issues.

let's just hope is not true

I doubt we'll hear anything from Universal about the status because they never set an opening date aside from Spring '09! Mid to late June is still in Spring.

We're all just greedy and want the ride open as soon as possible! I dont think this ride will in any way be considered a mistake in a few months from now once they get the bugs worked out.

I am kind of amazed though at the amount of engineering problems that have come up on coasters the last couple of years! Aren't there hundreds of hours of computer simulations and math related stuff and engineering and everything else before they build something?

Hopefully it's a quick fix that wont effect the ride!

I wonder if Intamin is laughing...

Apparently, from what I've heard (sources inside of Universal) there is a problem with Rip, Ride, Rockit, which may delay it even further.

Supposedly the track (drop from the lifthill) does not line up appropriately with the loop. Even the slightest INCH away in track connections is obviously a major problem. If this is however the case, it is important that Universal will work diligently with Maurer Sohne, or the construction crew, to fix the issue.

If this was a miscalculation, this is quite a flaw, however it could have been due to a footer being misplaced (something I see highly unlikely since the rest of the track lines up). What ever happens, we can continue to be patient with Universal to assure that safety is a first priority here more than anything.

Again, Do not take me up on this, as it is not 100% confirmed, but it is something fairly certain as these are by someone pretty reliable and that would not make false information up for the heck of it.

-Justin

I emailed Universal to check what was happening with HRRR (I know, it was unlikely they'd comment on anything) and this is what they said....

Thank you for contacting Universal Orlando® Guest Services regarding the new Hollywood Rip Ride RockitSM Coaster.

Scheduled to open in Universal Studios Florida® in the spring of 2009, the Hollywood Rip Ride RockitSM Coaster will be the most technologically advanced roller coaster in the world. Guests will soar 17 stories above the resort at speeds reaching 65 miles per hour, racing through six near-misses and a record-breaking loop, all while rocking out to a song that they picked out before strapping in.

When the high-intensity, multi-sensory ride is over, guests will be able to customize video footage from their ride experience and compile it into a souvenir music video, using the brightest and most innovative color-changing LEDs in the world.

While an official opening date for the ride has not been announced, we encourage you to continue checking www.universalorlando.com for the latest information as it becomes available.

Universal Orlando® strives to offer inclusive vacation packages that appeal to a wide variety of tastes, needs, and budgets. I encourage you to explore our interactive website, www.universalorlando.com, or contact our Reservations Department at (800) 407-4275, to learn more about ticket options and vacation package offerings at our resort. If you have any other questions or concerns, please feel free to call me at (407) 224-4233, option nine (9).

Again, thank you for contacting us. We look forward to entertaining you.

Pretty standard response I'd guess - no harm in trying tho.....

Sweet! At least work is getting done in one of the parks! I love how cheap the entrance archway looks right now!

The Three Broomsticks or whatever part of Hogsmeade that is looks really great.

Thanks for keeping us all updated with the pictures! From both parks! (I'm too depressed about HRRR to comment on that thread...)

I agree with CoasterEric about everything, except I think that looks like a very expensive entryway being built.

Hurricane codes and all that good stuff, makes it look rather beefy for just a low weight bearing structure.

So, what's up with those "extensions" coming out of the box. They've been under construction for a long time and now they have gotten the same surface treatment as the box. I can't figure it out for the life of me.