TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Which political party do you belong to?

ScOtT k

Democrat, Republican, or other?  

1. 1. Democrat, Republican, or other?

I am pretty Republican, but M.R. Bush is starting to make me angry, it seems he cares about no one as we spend more and more time with him as commander in chief, I am siding with him on the war, just because I believe we need to build a base in the middle east, so we can be stable and have a stronghold there, but do not like his immigration from Mexico views. I believe that we should get a good independent in the seat who actually cares about the country *cough* Ross Perot *cough* too bad he was a little looney... (I voted republican though)

I believe Condoleezza Rice would be a good candidate for president also!

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When I register to vote I will most likley vote for democratic candidates, though I will not vote blindly. I'll be sure to research all candidates.

I can't give good reasons for my political thoughts, but I am taking a US Govt and Politics class next semester so after that I should know a thing or two.

So you're considered old enough to vote at 18 but yet can't drink alcohol until the age of 21? And (assuming things haven't changed in the last five years) you can go to see an R-rated movie at any age as long as you're accompanied by an adult? I'm not criticising here, just commenting on the difference.

Over here, you can legally drink at 18 (and our alcohol laws aren't as strict either, you can drink with meals when younger, accompanied by parent, etc), yet it isn't thought that a 17 year old can handle R-rated films. Seeing it in text, both countries seem to have some contradictions...

Anyway, sorry to threadjack, please continue.

I chose other because I don't claim an affiliation with either party.I tend to lean towards the right on alot of issues, but I've never voted straight ticket in my life. My father always voted straight ticket Republican and I could never understand why.

I will admit that I did not vote in the last presidential election by choice. I absolutely abhor negative political advertising and, IMO, this last campaign was the most negative, nastiest and pointless I've ever witnessed. I got so sickened by it that I made the decision that I would not, could not vote for either side. I expect alot of people would say that's stupid, but to me, my vote represented the path that I wanted my country to take and the nastiness and pettiness, that presented itself in the persons of both President Bush and Senator Kerry, showed me that neither man nor party represented what I wanted for my country, so for me, my only option was a no vote.

I personally think that Senator John McCain would be a good candidate for President in 2008. Regardless of who it is though, I truly hope that the candidates can focus on the real issues and avoid the petty BS (but in today's political climate, that seems less and less likely).

So you're considered old enough to vote at 18 but yet can't drink alcohol until the age of 21? And (assuming things haven't changed in the last five years) you can go to see an R-rated movie at any age as long as you're accompanied by an adult? I'm not criticising here, just commenting on the difference.

More importantly, it is mandatory to register for the selective service when you turn 18 here. Meaning, they can put a gun in your hand and send you to die for your country, but you can't have a beer!