TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Discovery Kingdom (SFDK) Discussion Thread

Honestly, a Eurofighter would be the best thing for them and pretty logical as well. It'd be completely new to the West Coast so it'd probably draw a fair amount of thrill seekers to ride it.

When we were in the park for SFDK Day this year I really felt like they were hinting at a new coaster for 2012 during the Q&A session.

Plus, not sure if it means anything, but my friend and I overheard two suited important-looking guys talking about coasters. I couldn't hear everything but I heard them talking about a cool thrill ride in Georgia and something about cool fire. Hmmm:

I know, it's a long stretch, but maybe they were talking about the new thing for 2012?

However, if they do get a Eurofighter, I'd prefer they didn't put it in the old Pandemonium spot. They mentioned plans for the old 3D theater but wouldn't say anything about when or what. That spot would be awesome for a coaster esp. with all of the landscaping left from Dinosphere. Plus, they could probably devise a way to have the queue open into Oasis plaza. But most likely, they probably would just plop the ride in Pandemonium's old spot.

Well, if its a Euro fighter style ride, could it be an Intamin vertical lift coaster like Fahrenheit? I looks like a Euro fighter mixed with a blitz coaster to me, and its pretty compact(I think).

Intamin's except for ZacSpins are never really compact.

and is it even for sure pandemonium is gone next season, maybe they will use the old 3d theater

for some type of part dark roller coaster.

Pandamonium is most likely going to be removed this fall according to hints dropped by the park and rumor mills.

At Bay Area Bash they specifically mentioned that they had plans for the old theater, but don't expect to see anything happen with it next year.

And if they do end up doing something with the space, a dark-coaster is very unlikely.

Well, if its a Euro fighter style ride, could it be an Intamin vertical lift coaster like Fahrenheit? I looks like a Euro fighter mixed with a blitz coaster to me, and its pretty compact(I think).

Intamin's except for ZacSpins are never really compact.

Maverick's compact for the punch it has, I305 looks very compact for being a giga. Compact doesn't necessarily have to mean that you fit a 2 minute ride into a couple thousand square feet. At least in my eyes compact means it turns in and out of itself with lots of twisty goodness.

maybe they should just get rid of the old theather building all together.

THIS.

but...

At Bay Area Bash they specifically mentioned that they had plans for the old theater, but don't expect to see anything happen with it next year.

This. I really would like to see a coaster go into that spot, but I doubt they'll do anything with it for a few more years at least. It's been rotting there for a while already and I haven't heard even ghosts of rumors about plans for it.

You guys are probably right about the new ride going in the Pandemonium spot, and that isn't too bad because at least it should be quite visible to the freeway. It'd be really cool if they could do something semi-compact and actually have the coaster go over the walkway to the main entrance (like V2 does) and have some elements by Medusa/Oasis Plaza. But even a compact Eurofighter should be totally awesome. I'm definitely counting down the days to the announcement.

Only five more days...

Another intereresting thing about Bay Area Bash...the ?Park Manager? or some higher up used to be the manager of Hard Rock Park...that was a bit strange to me...

Yeah. The park president Dale Kaetzel had some affiliation with it. Then I think John Fitzgerald, the new park president of GAdv had something to do with Freestyle. lol. But it seems like both of them are doing a good job.

An over-the-top and upside down ride, is there a ride like that?

Jupiter at carnivals fit that descrtiption.

www.gas-services.info/sheet.php?section=farfabbri&name=jupiter

I really couldn't see that at the park, I just couldn't. If it was a flat though, I could see it more along the lines of a Evolution style ride.

I know that. If I was SFDK, I would do this: Destroy Kong, Build 150'+ B&M Invert not named Batman.

THIS IS MY IDEA OF A NEW ROLLER COASTER! (or something)

Multi-launched Mega Coaster

Company: B&M

Height: 150 ft

Long: I don't know

First drop: 65º inclination

Multiple and high lower hills, barrels, Banked Turns, maybe a tunnel, etc.

untitled.bmp

THIS IS MY IDEA OF A NEW ROLLER COASTER! (or something)

Multi-launched Mega Coaster

Company: B&M

Height: 150 ft

Long: I don't know

First drop: 65º inclination

Multiple and high lower hills, barrels, Banked Turns, maybe a tunnel, etc.

That would be cool but that layout is much more an Intamin kind of thing. But looking at that, you might be able to but a mini B&M hyper in that area!