TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

La Ronde Discussion Thread

Le Cobra being demolished for a RMC would seriously be one of the greatest upgrades in history. I 100% approve if that's the situation.

Yeah but we don't know if it's going to be an RMC because it could also be a Premier rides launch coaster because six flags has been working a lot with those two companies but I would prefer to see an RMC there.

Honestly, an empty space is an upgrade. That's like 60-90 minutes of my life back if I ever return to La Ronde that would be spent waiting for that crap.

Le Cobra being demolished for a RMC would seriously be one of the greatest upgrades in history. I 100% approve if that's the situation.

Yeah but we don't know if it's going to be an RMC because it could also be a Premier rides launch coaster because six flags has been working a lot with those two companies but I would prefer to see an RMC there.

Honestly, an empty space is an upgrade. That's like 60-90 minutes of my life back if I ever return to La Ronde that would be spent waiting for that crap.

Yeah but since 2012 La Ronde has gotten a lot better. There are more rides, the park is cleaner, the employees are not rude anymore and they're a bit faster than before.

Holy shit that's pretty cool.

Holy poo-poo that's pretty cool.

That post sure looks cool, but from where does it comes? There's no source on it, and I'd be curious to know it's origin.

^ Not sure where it originally came from but that info was on wikipedia too:

https://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Cobra_%28La_Ronde%29&oldid=666962336

Someone removed it because rcdb says it's operating:

https://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Cobra_%28La_Ronde%29&action=history

I was at La Ronde this past Tuesday (the 9th) and Cobra was down. A customer service supervisor up front said it had been down for awhile and they weren't sure if it would ever operate again and would likely be replaced.

Also Monstre side 1 was down and the track was pretty rusted. Some badly faded Texas Cyclone cars (including the front) were sitting on the ground in probably the worst/most boring helix of any coaster I've ever ridden.

Ednor was down and I was told it was waiting on a part. A few other rides were down as well. Too bad they can't put this info on their website.

When I went two years ago, there was very light rain, so only three coasters were running. I was really hoping to get everything ridden at this park this time so I wouldn't have to go back for awhile, but no such luck.

A few other things:

They don't let adults ride the family coaster, Marche du Mille-pattes, without a child. BTW, when hearing them say Marche du Mille-pattes in French sounded absolutely nothing like I'd think it should sound.

They seriously need a walkway between Vampire and the ferris wheel so you don't have to walk all the way back around the lake.

When driving to the park, after you get to the bottom of the ramp from the bridge, there are no signs at the first "Y" mentioning La Ronde. They're only after that intersection, if you happen to have gone the correct way. Crazy.

A male employee walked into the women's restroom, with no announcement to the several women (including my girlfriend) in there, and started cleaning. I guess that's no big deal to them.

Many employees at the park were rude to us, as usual.

Also, off topic, but tried to go eat at a restaurant in downtown Montreal afterwards, and after first getting a slightly rude comment from the man who seated us, then waiting 15 minutes for someone to take our orders, as the waitresses ignored us walking past several times to help others who were already eating, including at least one that walked in after use, we left. Oh, and as we sat there, there was a very strong marijuana odor.

And this is coming from someone who has always been treated well at every other Six Flags park I've visited (even SFA). I was at SFGAd a few days (Friday) after La Ronde and every employee I came in contact there was extremely nice and helpful, just as they were during my 2010 visit.

Holy poo-poo that's pretty cool.

That post sure looks cool, but from where does it comes? There's no source on it, and I'd be curious to know it's origin.

I just found out that its a random guy that wrote that on Wikipedia as a joke.

I was at La Ronde this past Tuesday (the 9th) and Cobra was down. A customer service supervisor up front said it had been down for awhile and they weren't sure if it would ever operate again and would likely be replaced.

Also Monstre side 1 was down and the track was pretty rusted. Some badly faded Texas Cyclone cars (including the front) were sitting on the ground in probably the worst/most boring helix of any coaster I've ever ridden.

A few other things:

When driving to the park, after you get to the bottom of the ramp from the bridge, there are no signs at the first "Y" mentioning La Ronde. They're only after that intersection, if you happen to have gone the correct way. Crazy.

Thanks for the articles.

Also, I know it's a very small part of your post, but the old-rusted-disgusting wooden coaster trains sitting in the middle of Le Monstre's helix have been there for several years, I'd say almost 7-8. They were most likely used for spare parts when Le Monstre still used Morgan trains.

And yeah, the access to the park from the Jacques Cartier bridge is very stange, even for locals they changed the way it was configured two years ago I think and it is pretty confusing.

Ednor was down and I was told it was waiting on a part. A few other rides were down as well. Too bad they can't put this info on their website.

When I went two years ago, there was very light rain, so only three coasters were running. I was really hoping to get everything ridden at this park this time so I wouldn't have to go back for awhile, but no such luck.

A few other things:

They don't let adults ride the family coaster, Marche du Mille-pattes, without a child. BTW, when hearing them say Marche du Mille-pattes in French sounded absolutely nothing like I'd think it should sound.

They seriously need a walkway between Vampire and the ferris wheel so you don't have to walk all the way back around the lake.

A male employee walked into the women's restroom, with no announcement to the several women (including my girlfriend) in there, and started cleaning. I guess that's no big deal to them.

Many employees at the park were rude to us, as usual.

Also, off topic, but tried to go eat at a restaurant in downtown Montreal afterwards, and after first getting a slightly rude comment from the man who seated us, then waiting 15 minutes for someone to take our orders, as the waitresses ignored us walking past several times to help others who were already eating, including at least one that walked in after use, we left. Oh, and as we sat there, there was a very strong marijuana odor.

And this is coming from someone who has always been treated well at every other Six Flags park I've visited (even SFA). I was at SFGAd a few days (Friday) after La Ronde and every employee I came in contact there was extremely nice and helpful, just as they were during my 2010 visit.

They can't build a path that connects le Vampire to the Ferris Wheel because that's where they launch the fireworks and also theres a road there that connects the parking that leads to the main entrance to the one that leads to the entrance near le Goliath.

rude ... slightly rude ... ignored us

Pretty much sums up all of Montreal, for non-French speakers. It is the most obnoxious city I've ever had the displeasure of visiting.

That Wikipedia article is one of the funniest things Ive ever read.

Its the perfect example of when some fanboy is so sure that they're right and feels that he/she must force it onto everyone. And enthusiasts laugh at the GP...

rude ... slightly rude ... ignored us

Pretty much sums up all of Montreal, for non-French speakers. It is the most obnoxious city I've ever had the displeasure of visiting.

Hah. I talked to a large group of Belgian's (whom I think said were from the rollercoasterfriends.com club) at La Ronde who were all talking about how rudely they were treated there. Some of them spoke French too I believe, but the employees knew they weren't French or F/C.

The thing I do like about driving up into Quebec is getting fully away from the insane way many people drive around NYC, NJ, CT, MA, etc. It's like a video game.

• 2 weeks later...
Hey La Ronde home parkers! I've been collecting maps for a while now, and La Ronde is one of the only two Six Flags maps I'm missing. Would anyone be willing to send me one?

PM me, I have a ton of them from several years

Hey La Ronde home parkers! I've been collecting maps for a while now, and La Ronde is one of the only two Six Flags maps I'm missing. Would anyone be willing to send me one?

PM me, I have a ton of them from several years

I'm new to this website, how do I PM someone? I don't see the button on your profile.

Coaster force on youtube HAS SEEN THE SIGN AS WELL..

RMC Monstre?

No. That is a fanboy/speculation video (nothing wrong with speculation, just saying) and is not confirmed. The locations of the 2016 RMC coasters are already known, and La Ronde is not one of them. Videos such as the one you linked are complete speculation--he used to be a poster on these forums months ago.

RMC Monstre?

No. That is a fanboy/speculation video (nothing wrong with speculation, just saying) and is not confirmed. The locations of the 2016 RMC coasters are already known, and La Ronde is not one of them. Videos such as the one you linked are complete speculation--he used to be a poster on these forums months ago.

BTW, I have seen the sign.. They have moved it to the car maintenance building but riding the carriage thing that goes around the park, you can see it.

Alan Schilke said , one new coaster in Europe, in Kentucky and one rollercoaster in Six Flags is getting the Iron Horse treatment and then gave this hint: "We put topper track on it not too long ago". (In a verbal interview)

They put topper track on Le Monstre 2 weeks ago, this sign and that basically give it away.

ALSO: THIS WEBSITE SAYS WHAT HE WILL BE DOING. (INTERVIEW WITH HIM) (NO REVEAL YET)

http://www.popsci.com/thats-job-roller-coaster-designer

RMC Monstre?

BTW, I have seen the sign.. They have moved it to the car maintenance building but riding the carriage thing that goes around the park, you can see it.

Alan Schilke said , one new coaster in Europe, in Kentucky and one rollercoaster in Six Flags is getting the Iron Horse treatment and then gave this hint: "We put topper track on it not too long ago".

They put topper track on Le Monstre 2 weeks ago, this sign and that basically give it away.

I haven't read that quote, although it is now outdated. The coaster in Europe (Wildfire) has been pushed back to at least 2017. A recent RMC job listing stated the projects are in Kentucky, Tennessee, and California. The SF project is Roar at Discovery Kingdom.

It makes no sense to I-box a coaster if it was retracked two weeks ago.

RMC Monstre?

Alan Schilke said , one new coaster in Europe, in Kentucky and one rollercoaster in Six Flags is getting the Iron Horse treatment and then gave this hint: "We put topper track on it not too long ago".

I haven't read that quote, although it is now outdated. The coaster in Europe (Wildfire) has been pushed back to at least 2017. A recent RMC job listing stated the projects are in Kentucky, Tennessee, and California. The SF project is Roar at Discovery Kingdom.

Alan said Roar is not getting RMC'd due to budget issues..

La Ronde documents were leaked showing that the design was drawn and finalized and they're waiting for budget approval.

Also: Le Monstre just turned 30 and the track was broken in the section they fixed. Only time will tell.

RMC Monstre?

La Ronde documents were leaked showing that the design was drawn and finalized and they're waiting for budget approval.

Also: Le Monstre just turned 30 and the track was broken in the section they fixed. Only time will tell.

Do you have any source? I haven't heard anything even remotely like this. Why would Schilke comment on SF's financial state? We on these forums would know if documents were leaked.

No disrespect at all, but I'm calling BS on this.

RMC Monstre?

Do you have any source? I haven't heard anything even remotely like this. Why would Schilke comment on SF's financial state? We on these forums would know if documents were leaked.

No disrespect at all, but I'm calling BS on this.

(I'm trying to find those myself, actually. I'm only posting speculations from others) La Ronde is supposed to have a Media Release sometime in July so hopefully something cool is revealed.