TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Theme Park Review Always & Forever

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Definetely agree, Twister. Virtual Midway was my all-time favourite site. Now that Walt and Jeff both have "all-access", they've been a whole lot more silenced about speculation, news etc. (which I understand, but still... I wish the two sites were still separated )

Don’t get me wrong, Point Buzz is a pretty decent site. I enjoy the pictures, especially the virtual midway panoramic photos. And the information is usually right on. But if I want a forum that is run like communist China, I would still be a member of Point Buzz.

I have had numerous post deleted from the site because of my comments on the overall condition of the park to the management staff. And most recently a thread was edited and then locked.

I don’t need to put up with their fascist ways. I’m plenty happy here on TPR

But if I want a forum that is run like communist China, I would still be a member of Point Buzz.

That sounds about right to me. I see newbies get shot down like oh-so-many skeet plates, daily. It's almost depressing, until you realize that *gasp* nobody can use the Search feature!

I post on buzz ever so often, and they are heavily moderated with a bunch of whiny babies. And hey they even copied the podcast from thrillnetwork.com. How original

Katie

The whole purpose of this topic was to direct appreciation to this wonderful site, thus dropping other sites that don't compare that they were previously with. If you don't care about the topic, then simply don't reply. I mean, I've been to sites before that I no longer post due to situations with moderators, yes I've ranted about it and moved to other sites that were better. It's not like Wally's saying "Boycott PointBuzz!" or anything like that. I'm just trying to make a point before Robb whips out the fire extinguisher due to possible flaming.

As for the original meaning of the topic, I myself have tended to favor TPR over other sites out there for obvious reasons (Great people who run the site, great members, and minimal spam topics and flame wars). I'm sure I'm not the only one here that has let TPR take over their lives

I think something here can be salvaged. How about the Buttes you speak of? I believe there are lots in the Rocky Mtns. Crested Butte is probably my favorite, not that I keep track mind you.

If I had to guess though I'd say that my Butte count is somewhere around 15, not counting Fjords, but then again I havn't been to scandi...yet!

Tusenfryd and Fjords '07 here I come!!

Ok, guys here's the deal....

1. I'm not a big fan of CB either, but I'm not about to go bashing another site, because, quite frankly, if I don't like it, I don't go to it. CB obviously has it's fan base and for those who like CB, that's great. For those who don't, hey, more peeps for us!

2. Phishy, you're awesome...I'm glad you're here and not there.

3. Keep flame wars off TPR. Have a look at 99% of our other threads and our memebers just don't treat each other like what I have seen in this thread. Take example from our other threads and you'll see why people seem to like this site.

So therefore, posts have been deleted, and....Thread closed

--Robb "Although I do think it's ironic that I'm having to close a thread about us!" Alvey