TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

2014 Winter Olympics

bbomser

I can say with 100% certainty that when Canada scored that goal in OT was the absolute ANGRIEST I have EVER been in my entire life! I screamed so loud and so much that I could taste blood in my throat. I was throwing everything I could get my hands on all over the house, and even after going on a 45 minute walk to blow off steam, I still feel like I want to kill someone. I'm really surprised no neighbors called the cops because I was screaming so loud it could have easily been heard if someone was home next door, and it probably sounded like someone was trying to murder me. Never been this angry in my life. I can't stand the Canadian hockey fans and seeing them get this kind of satisfaction makes me absolutely and utterly fuming, especially considering we had the game in the bag.

It's just a game.

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

^When you feel that anger begin to swell, always try to remember that the first time that you do something really stupid in front of your family and friends (or get arrested) over a sporting event just how foolish you will feel & look afterwards.

I remember getting extremely agitated when I watched sports when I was your age. Believe me, after seeing the Bills lose four Super Bowls in a row and then not make the playoffs for 13 years in a row, seeing the Sabres get screwed out of a Stanley Cup that Dallas should have never won (and they are now the worst team in the NHL), I should have plenty of reason to trash my house, scream & holler till I puke, etc...but you just have to find another outlet.

The walk was a good way for you to blow off that steam....remember to do that first before the bowl of Cheetos goes flying along with your fists and furniture.

Just remember that a week from now, you will care less about who won gold in the Olympics.

Just remember that a week from now, you will care less about who won gold in the Olympics.

Tell that to South Korea, it's going to be a very long week here now their figure skating "queen" didn't get the gold.

I can say with 100% certainty that when Canada scored that goal in OT was the absolute ANGRIEST I have EVER been in my entire life! I screamed so loud and so much that I could taste blood in my throat. I was throwing everything I could get my hands on all over the house, and even after going on a 45 minute walk to blow off steam, I still feel like I want to kill someone. I'm really surprised no neighbors called the cops because I was screaming so loud it could have easily been heard if someone was home next door, and it probably sounded like someone was trying to murder me. Never been this angry in my life. I can't stand the Canadian hockey fans and seeing them get this kind of satisfaction makes me absolutely and utterly fuming, especially considering we had the game in the bag.

Lighten up, it's a game. It was a great game as they always are. Tomorrow should be a real barn burner as well.

In other Olympic news, hurray for Jennifer Jones' rink winning the gold in women's curling! Our first gold since Sandra Schmirler in 1998 and the first undefeated rink in Olympic history!

And this is why I have zero interest in sports or hanging out with any die-hard sports fanatics. To get this worked up over ANYTHING, let alone a sporting event in which you have zero control over, is, I gotta be honest, irrational and ridiculous.

Get this angry when walk in on your girlfriend cheating on you with your best friend, or some drunk driver plows their semi truck into your house killing your dog, or you get fired from a job for something that wasn't your fault, you know, things that actually matter and directly affect your life.

But to be so angry over a "game" where you are bleeding internally and want to commit murder... it's a little scary...

--Robb "Sorry, just be honest..." Alvey

Edited by robbalvey

Tell that to South Korea, it's going to be a very long week here now their figure skating "queen" didn't get the gold.

Seems like the judging was iffy on that, but the performances were close enough to get away with some home ice bias more or less.

What goes around comes around: I'm sure the Koreans will return the favor to the Russians in 2018, which bodes very well for Team USA.

^Care to tell any more about that story? From the coverage last night they basically made it sound like him and his wife BOUGHT their spots by giving money to Dominica. Slightly sleazy.

He and his wife used to own an island in the Caribbean and I think that is when they started donating money to charitable causes in Dominica. So years ago they were granted citizenship, even though they never lived there.

Apparently the IOC goes to non established winter countries and encourages them to find athletes. High ranking government officials encouraged who knew the couple cross country skied, encouraged them to train in an effort to qualify. They spent two years and their own money to make it happen and I'll commend them for their effort.

However, in school he was never content with his 98% average and many accused him of cheating in an effort to be at the top of our class, being #3 wasn't good enough for him.

Then last week I read an article that said he stopped wrestling after being in a car accident during his senior year in high school. The article said he was in a coma for two days and in the hospital for two weeks. None of the classmates I spoke with remember this serious accident. That's a little sketchy if you ask me.

However, I do not believe he paid anyone off to compete for an Olympic spot and he did legitimately qualify. It's not like the days of Eddie the Eagle anymore.

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/02/07/sports/olympics/caribbean-newcomers-dip-their-toes-in-sochis-snow.html?_r=0

Here's an article about a lawsuit that arouse when he sold his private island for $28 million a few years ago. Apparently the buyer under reported the sale price.

http://suntci.com/government-gets-million-from-emerald-cay-sale-p402-106.htm

And ain't karma a bitch.

The wife crashed into an unpadded wall during her practice run breaking her nose and had to reconstructive surgery and never got to race.

The husband had a pipe break in his complex, took a shower with nasty brown water and developed a bacterial infection and had to drop out of the race after 300 meters.

Yes, I'm laughing!

Am I the only one who thinks it's weird that there will be only judges from Canada on the ice, when Canada is playing the Olympics hockey final? Who the hell put that idea to work?

This was an excerpt from CTV news:

All four men are experienced NHL officials. The IIHF says the officials were also judged on their performance during the playoff round in Sochi. "Their nationalities aren't considered as factors nor should they be, we want the best officials working the medal games," said (Konstantin) Komissarov. Sweden coach Par Marts isn't concerned that the referees will be Canadian. "I hope they do that job, that's all," he said. "I can't focus on thing I can't change. No problem with that."

If Sweden's coach is not concerned, why should you be?

Edited by Angle O. Descent

Well he can't say anything about it, it would be terrible if he did.

But if history have taught us anything it is that Canadian only judges in a game involving Canada is to their advantage.

The 2004 world championship final, and an real asshole Rob Niedermayer comes to mind. Really nice of those Canadian judges to overlook the Match penalty there, don't you think?

Besides why would they only pick Canadian judges, surely there are competent NHL judges from other countries as well?

If this was fotboll for an example something like this would never be accepted.

Well he can't say anything about it, it would be terrible if he did.

But if history have taught us anything it is that Canadian only judges in a game involving Canada is to their advantage.

The 2004 world championship final, and an real a$$hole Rob Niedermayer comes to mind. Really nice of those Canadian judges to overlook the Match penalty there, don't you think?

Besides why would they only pick Canadian judges, surely there are competent NHL judges from other countries as well?

If this was fotboll for an example something like this would never be accepted.

Canada wins!! Great game by Sweden, and the referees were fair all the way

Great final!

Well great and great, we fell right in Canada's trap, but overall I'm very happy we won silver, I did really not except that when the tournament started, after all the injuries of some very important players. Didn't know if I should have laughed or cried when it was announced that Bäckström would not be playing the game, after getting caught in the drug test. Seems like his allergy medicins was not allowed if you wanted to play. Kind of funny that he has been on it for the last 10 years..

I'm very surprised Canada took home the whole tournament as well, as they didn't seem to be fully in their games, but they really woke up for the last few games, and the final showed some very impressive hockey today!

Overall great tournament, that probably won't be remembered as the best, but still a very solid one and congrats to Canada.

I said this at the beginning of the tournament, but I would have been happy with ANYONE other than Canada winning Gold. Between them winning, the USA not medalling, and the Caps craptacular season, everything sucks.

You need to find a new hobby and/or sport.

Great final!

Well great and great, we fell right in Canada's trap, but overall I'm very happy we won silver, I did really not except that when the tournament started, after all the injuries of some very important players. Didn't know if I should have laughed or cried when it was announced that Bäckström would not be playing the game, after getting caught in the drug test. Seems like his allergy medicins was not allowed if you wanted to play. Kind of funny that he has been on it for the last 10 years..

I'm very surprised Canada took home the whole tournament as well, as they didn't seem to be fully in their games, but they really woke up for the last few games, and the final showed some very impressive hockey today!

Overall great tournament, that probably won't be remembered as the best, but still a very solid one and congrats to Canada.

You know, part of me wanted Sweden to win gold.

If Sweden won gold, I would loved to rub it in all my Leaf cheering friend's faces that Karlsson and Alfredson (even though he doesn't played for the Sens any more, Toronto still hates the guy. Silfverberg to a lesser extent) got gold while not one player from the Leafs got anything. I still get to say that they won medals though; something no Leaf can say.

On the bright side though, Karlsson did get best defenceman of the tournament.