TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Knott's Berry Farm (KBF) Discussion Thread

P. 651: Montezooma's Revenge project terminated?

I also think Silver Bullet is the wrong ride for Knott's, and I dislike what it's done to the park's skyline. It just seems so out of place in Ghost Town. Xcelerator, which I think is the park's best coaster, makes some sense on the Boardwalk, and even Ghostrider, even though it's a bad, painful ride, is appropriate for Ghost Town.

But, as I said, to each his own.

I'm not a big fan of Silver Bullet as it's a mediocre ride and it ruins the surrounding area as well as the depressing area below it. Plus, it takes up a lot of valuable space as it isn't the most compact ride out there.

I've been on it many times and I notice its rattling way more than its airtime.

Honestly, the only good aspect of Silver Bullet is that it adds a good amount of capacity to the park.

EDIT: Just look how much space it takes up, they could've done a little better job at making it more compact:

I agree. But I think I have come to accept that Cedar Fair is not that interested in the charm of the park, so it doesn't bother me as much as it did before. I'm just happy they maintain what they do.

I agree. But I think I have come to accept that Cedar Fair is not that interested in the charm of the park, so it doesn't bother me as much as it did before. I'm just happy they maintain what they do.

I think Cedar Fair has improved overall when it comes to Knott's. There have been encouraging signs over the last few years, such as the big refurb of the log ride.

Edited by cfc

^Definitely. That's why I am OK with what KBF has become. They do what they can to preserve what is left. I'd rather have Silver Bullet and some of Ghost Town than have the park completely run down or closed because they can't stay competitive in the so cal market.

Looking at that ariel picture I cant help but think if they got rid of that Taqueria (next to the merry go round) and of course with the removal of Windseeker they would have enough room for a mid size coaster like a small Euro fighter (using some of the water too). There really is no need for that Taqueria as they have TWO other Mexican restaurants (one attached to the giftshop/arcade and one next to the Hat Dance). Obviously another flat going over Windseekers spot is probably a more "guaranteed" idea, but I don't think its far fetched to get rid of one of their three Mexican restaurants (all within a 1 minute walk of each other) and use that for a new decent coaster. Another thing they could add an El Loco probably just using Windseekers old spot without having to remove anything.

I know there was discussion on these boards a while back of even removing the arcade/store, moving the Swing Ride, Hat Dance and Revolution and using all that for their big coaster which is still an idea even though I think the above it a lot more likely.

Hopefully Knotts makes their 2014 announcement(s) soon.

I'm going to Knott's Berry Farm on either the 2nd or 3rd day of November to settle some... unfinished business. I'm deciding which day I should go to efficiently get on everything with some leisure time without buying a Fastlane pass. The park closes on the 2nd at 5:30 for Haunt and the 3rd at 7:00. What day do you guys recommended given the crowd density and closing times in consideration?

I'd say Saturday without a doubt. Saturday is the final day for Haunt so most people wont go during the day (as they'd rather go at 7 for Haunt). Sunday is the first day in over a month without Haunt (meaning the park is open past 5) and if anything I'd imagine it would be rather busy.

^I disagree. People who have no interest in Haunt (families, school groups, corporate picnics, etc.) will all go Saturday to avoid conflicts with school/work. I'd still recommend Sunday and the extra 1 1/2 hour of operation to ensure he gets everything in.

Just got back from my first day at Ghost Rider, officially certified now . Overall the ride is actually pretty fun to operate and the people I worked with were all friendly and welcoming. The only thing I don't like is the probe system used to manually unlock individual restraints. It's tricky and somewhat complicated, but It seems like it just takes some getting used to. Looking forward to my first haunt shift this weekend.

^^In theory that makes sense but the slowest times to go to Knott's throughout the whole year are during the days that Haunt is on. Even on a Saturday the park is absolutely dead. Granted more families go on Saturday during Haunt compared to Thurs, Fri and Sun (other days Knotts has Haunt) BUT remember the following Sunday there is NO Haunt so families are going to wait and go that day as they'll get 2 extra hours at the park.

Just so people going to Haunt have an idea between the crowd differences on Saturday and Sunday, last weekend our projected attendance for Saturday was 27K, the second most crowded day I've worked besides 4th of July. Sunday on the other hand only had a projected attendance of around 12k so much more manageable. If you can, choose to go Sunday or Thursday, especially with the peak weeks coming up.

Just so people going to Haunt have an idea between the crowd differences on Saturday and Sunday, last weekend our projected attendance for Saturday was 27K, the second most crowded day I've worked besides 4th of July. Sunday on the other hand only had a projected attendance of around 12k so much more manageable. If you can, choose to go Sunday or Thursday, especially with the peak weeks coming up.

wow, yeah, it *was* crowded... but... i bought the fast passes for both rides and mazes, and had no problem getting to do everything I wanted (just pricey, but worth it with a crowd like that).... had a blast!!!!!

my daughter is already wanting to go again, but she will have to wait til next year

I'm planning a trip to the scary farm next Thursday and I was wondering if I would need a fright lane if I wanted to hit around 10 mazes in 4 hours?

If you show up at opening so like from 7-11, you shouldn't have a problem getting 10 mazes done. I went on a Friday and showed up at opening and was pretty much done with everything by around that time and had the extra time to see the shows and such. Our budget for tonight was around 12k so not too bad.

I've heard reports of the Fright Lane lines really backing up for the Skeleton Key mazes (i.e. waiting to get into the skeleton key room), anyone had that experience? Also do you have the option of bypassing the skeleton key room if you have fright lane (which would be handy if you mazes a lot of times)?