TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Knott's Berry Farm (KBF) Discussion Thread

P. 651: Montezooma's Revenge project terminated?

I've heard reports of the Fright Lane lines really backing up for the Skeleton Key mazes (i.e. waiting to get into the skeleton key room), anyone had that experience? Also do you have the option of bypassing the skeleton key room if you have fright lane (which would be handy if you mazes a lot of times)?

You can definitely bypass, just tell the grouper at the front you've already gone through the SK Room before and they'll let you go through the normal entrance.

^ & ^^Thanks guys, that was really helpful. For a while there I was thinking Knott's were going for an ironic theme at Haunt by having a longer wait in the fright lane line than the regular line.

Gotta say I'm really looking forward to Haunt. I'm even planning on doing the meet Elvira thing, which I've heard you buy some merch and you get a ticket for the line to meet her if you buy stuff early enough.

^ & ^^Thanks guys, that was really helpful. For a while there I was thinking Knott's were going for an ironic theme at Haunt by having a longer wait in the fright lane line than the regular line.

Gotta say I'm really looking forward to Haunt. I'm even planning on doing the meet Elvira thing, which I've heard you buy some merch and you get a ticket for the line to meet her if you buy stuff early enough.

From what I was told in the elvira store, you would have to buy 40.00 in merch.

Question: I am finishing up planning for my visit next Saturday and I was wondering if anyone has done the prescare buffet thing. It mentions early entry but what does the early entry include? The website is pretty vague on details.

when I was there last week, it seems the folks got a full 30 minutes of early entry (plus rides on ghostrider) so I guess you can weigh your options, the price of the frightlane for the entire night, or food and 30 minutes early. Regardless of what you do, do the mirrors one FIRST!

Correct. But no photos with her are allowed...

Question: I am finishing up planning for my visit next Saturday and I was wondering if anyone has done the prescare buffet thing. It mentions early entry but what does the early entry include? The website is pretty vague on details.

Hey Ken, are you doing Sat 26th, I'll be doing the 5pm buffet if you're there. Like they said, early entry is faux Ghostrider ERT & in early up to 30 mins.

^^I've seen on facebook some people have got photos, but it's just her sitting down with whoever standing in front of her signing desk, I've heard you have to be quick. But it does sound ordinary, is she still that big a star?

Thanks for the help about my planning, I'm going to try to make it on sunday since it will provide a more leisure time than a rushed feeling you get a SFMM. In fact, I'm trying to get away from that feeling and enjoy a park for what it is.

It's awesome that Montezooma's Revenge will be open, it would have been depressing to see this schwarzkopf shuttle alone in it's corner.

Just so people going to Haunt have an idea between the crowd differences on Saturday and Sunday, last weekend our projected attendance for Saturday was 27K, the second most crowded day I've worked besides 4th of July. Sunday on the other hand only had a projected attendance of around 12k so much more manageable. If you can, choose to go Sunday or Thursday, especially with the peak weeks coming up.

I should be there Both day and Night Wednesday the 30th and Maybe Thursday The 31th. I'll look for you in the day time as it shouldn't be busy then.

Correct. But no photos with her are allowed...

I got lucky the night I went (Friday the 11th). It was a small crowd that night (in terms of the autograph line), so we were informed at the start of the session that Elvira would be allowing us to get a photo with her. I would upload mine here, but I don't have my memory card handy. So it was a nice surprise to have gotten that opportunity despite the numerous warnings beforehand that it was autographs only!

But yes, you have to buy at least $40 in merch from the Ride Warriors store (renamed "Elvira's Boo-tique" during Haunt), and tickets for the signing are only available while supplies last! It's not difficult to get to $40 in there though- I bought both of the Elvira pins, an Elvira Haunt shot glass, and a photo of her (to get signed), and it worked out to over $40 even after applying my season pass discount! They also have shirts available, though the "Nowhere to hide" shirt wasn't in there- it was only Elvira designs (which makes perfect sense).

^That makes me hate the show even more. I hate the forced "meet and greets" that celebrities and athletes do, where buying overpriced merch gets you a second to say hi to the person as they barely acknowledge you to ask for your name to personalize the autograph before moving on to the next one.

I miss Ed Alonzo

I liked the theming on the slaughterhouse.

Yeah it gets gorier and gorier every year haha. My close friend is actually the time card coordinator for that maze so she takes me through it all the time when I have a chance. It's definitely run it's course though and this is it's last year. I also think Delerium and Endgames will be leaving as well, but I only know slaughter is confirmed so far.