TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Knott's Berry Farm (KBF) Discussion Thread

P. 651: Montezooma's Revenge project terminated?

Windseeker was a really cool observatory ride. High? Yes. Mighty? I'll leave that open for others to interpret.

As for 2012 speculation. I hope that if Knott's is to get anything next year, that it makes up for all the less than spectacular additions since Silver Bullet (not saying Bullet was spectacular, but at least it was big) A giga coaster would pull Knott's out of a rut most of us seem to think it's in. It would definately give the park a lot more appeal and make it coaster collection more distinguished. But of course these are all rumors, so who knows what's going to happen.

Although we did have one participant who weeped heavily while riding, but I won't name names. (Tower...Tall)

Most awkward ride of my life...

But Piers, you weren't the one tearing up on the ride.. That person isn't here right now.

As Robb and Elissa have said, definitely an observation tower type of ride. It would be awesome to have a 'cameras are allowed' ERT Windseeker session next year at WCB (you know, the same time we'll be riding the new giga).

Fear of heights is pretty common (even I am mildly afraid of heights), so I'm sure it will still terrify many. The Star Flyer scared the crap out of me because it felt so minimal (literally just a giant chair swing). Windseeker doesn't seem have the same affect because it's more "built up".

Fear of heights is pretty common (even I am mildly afraid of heights), so I'm sure it will still terrify many. The Star Flyer scared the crap out of me because it felt so minimal (literally just a giant chair swing). Windseeker doesn't seem have the same affect because it's more "built up".

Yeah, the fact that it's not a chain swing definitely eliminates any thought of the ride being a 'hokey ass carnival kind of ride'; I told myself I would never ride one after hearing about the one at Knott's, but ended up riding two of them on the East Coast trip.

Compared to drop rides or 'scary coasters', you really don't hear anyone screaming on the Windseekers. And, at least during my rides, nobody wanted to get off right away.

But yeah, I totally understand that some people are afraid of heights.

I went on windseeker last night and thought it was a fun ride, but I was riding alone and it was pretty windy at the top so we were moving around a lot.

Yeah, same with the ones at Kings Island and Cedar Point - even if it's not windy on the ground, it will be windy at the top, especially since there aren't any obstructions to breezes (trees, buildings, etc.).

Which is also why they named them Windseekers

I know the "giga" is tossed around quite a bit...but honestly does Knott's have the space? If Silver Bullet wrecked Knott's scale, what would a giga do?

I think there's going to be a tipping point soon where the park needs to either focus on building up a serious coaster collection or move towards more of a family vibe (moreso than it does) - It's out of room to be all things to all people...well nothing to everyone currently and might have to adopt a Blackpool philosophy to simply stay alive.

I have no idea what Knott's can do - they're surrounded by city with no where to logically expand. At some point, historic Knotts will have to be demolished.

I know the "giga" is tossed around quite a bit...but honestly does Knott's have the space? If Silver Bullet wrecked Knott's scale, what would a giga do?

I think there's going to be a tipping point soon where the park needs to either focus on building up a serious coaster collection or move towards more of a family vibe (moreso than it does) - It's out of room to be all things to all people...well nothing to everyone currently and might have to adopt a Blackpool philosophy to simply stay alive.

I have no idea what Knott's can do - they're surrounded by city with no where to logically expand. At some point, historic Knotts will have to be demolished.

Untitled.png.b6d78262c8de57088e4e09fe20d62b20.png

They have plenty of room to expand, otherwise talk of a new coaster wouldn't be subjected. I mean, how many coasters are actually on a parking lot? Leviathan is basically a parking lot coaster to some extent...

This isn't all that great, but it's just a little something I made for fun. But as you can see, all hope for fitting in a Giga is not lost

1553841177_KnottsGiga.thumb.jpg.bb54f2a1db3ee849d293e9d107ff3082.jpg

This isn't all that great, but it's just a little something I made for fun. But as you can see, all hope for fitting in a Giga is not lost

Woohoo! I really hope this rumor is true, especially because Knott's is so close to my home . I haven't been on a Giga since my trip to CP in '05.

Most people dont ever really think about the design jumping over beach blvd and into the parking lot. That would actually make the most sense for such a ride. Anyways, i saw the new ride up and running today off the 91. I got a little excited. Cant wait for Veterans month in November to go ride. Yee haw!

^IMO, it would make more sense to just go into the Supreme Scream lot that's already connected to the park. Lots of survey markers were spotted all throughout the boardwalk, so I suspect if they are going into a parking lot it will be that one. Stretch through the boardwalk into backstage and possibly into that parking lot.

Yeah, I'd love to see that plan come into fruition - you'd have 2000+ Ford owners come after you in defense of one of the largest Ford/Mustang/Mercury shows in the US - one that has been around for a few decades.

While most cars are parked on the paved lots, the grassy area is the 'hub' of the show with showcase cars, anniversary car displays, Ford booths, vendors, etc..

Just throwing that out there.. And since I show my Mustang there every year, I'd tell everyone that it was your idea.

With a big enough payoff to city officials, anything is possible. If a ride traveled through a tunnel on its way over a street, then I could see it being feasible. I think a bigger concern with a ride that went into areas near the main parking lot would be keeping fence jumpers out. The area around the footers and supports would have to look like a maximum security prison, which would be very unsightly.

Yeah, I'd love to see that plan come into fruition - you'd have 2000+ Ford owners come after you in defense of one of the largest Ford/Mustang/Mercury shows in the US - one that has been around for a few decades.

While most cars are parked on the paved lots, the grassy area is the 'hub' of the show with showcase cars, anniversary car displays, Ford booths, vendors, etc..

Just throwing that out there.. And since I show my Mustang there every year, I'd tell everyone that it was your idea.

Hmm. I didn't know about that either. Can't they find somewhere else? Crazy Ford people Maybe they could name it Mustang and Ford could sponsor the ride! Lol.

Hmm. I didn't know about that either. Can't they find somewhere else? Crazy Ford people Maybe they could name it Mustang and Ford could sponsor the ride! Lol.

Haha.. I think there are other car shows throughout the year, as well.

With 1000 - 2000 cars, at $35 each, plus a lot of sponsors, Knott's selling food, etc., I'm sure Knott's makes a few bucks when they rent the space out. Plus, when you register your car, you can buy discount Knott's tickets, which I know a lot of car owners take advantage of.

I must say, your proposed roller coaster design is quite intricate..

IIRC. it's not so much aesthetics as to why BP won't grant Knott's permission to build over any streets, it has to do with clearances/maintenance. Every single street Knott's sits on is a pretty major street. Imagine the traffic congestion on Beach Blvd for however long the construction was, plus, after it's built, the possibility of valleying, routine maintenance, etc. It's just easier in the long run to keep everything situated between Beach & Western, La Palma & Cresent. I do like the idea of a Boardwalk station with the route extending into the South/Hotel parking lot. That gives them enough space to build a 5,000ft+ coaster easily....of course that would bring up all kinds of noise complaints. I know there is a convalescent home on that corner, along with apartment buildings and motels, so I can see the red tape Knott's would have to go around if they choose this route.

I love the look of your design, it looks fing awesome and they would never get me outta Knotts they add something like that lol.

I also think the City would approve it if, Knotts was willing to spend the money to make it look like an over pass/ pedestrian bridge that the coaster traveled on to take it across Beach Blvd. Tunneling under Beach might be an option if the city approved and Knotts had money to spend like Disney lol.

Thanks, I'm glad you guys liked my little design, even though apparently it could never happen. I was almost afraid to post it because I thought everyone would think it looked like crap haha.

It's a cool idea!

It'll be really interesting how Knott's uses the land they have for the next big coaster. I never even thought I'd see WindSeeker where it ended up going, same with Silver Bullet.