TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

B&M Wing Rider Coasters - Love or Hate?

^B&M track is made both in the US and Europe, I think. It's just a matter of where the ride is going to that decides where the track is built. I don't know about intamin but I'm pretty sure B&M makes their trains in Switzerland.

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I thought that LSMs, despite being rather reliable, tend to have a high power consumption, am I wrong?

That is absolutely correct! I was speaking in terms of maintenance.

Rumor said that B&M will start a China factory to produce tracks and supports just like Vekoma.

I don't think they will do that. Vekoma did, and now there are knock offs all over China using the Vekoma track. If a factory in China were to start building B&M track I think it wouldn't be to much long before the secret on how to make the track would get out to those manufacturers.

I don't think they will do that. Vekoma did, and now there are knock offs all over China using the Vekoma track. If a factory in China were to start building B&M track I think it wouldn't be to much long before the secret on how to make the track would get out to those manufacturers.

Whatever if it can lower the price. Maurer didn't produce track in China but SBL's jet coaster still used Maurer's track style. Track style really isn't that much if a big deal as Chinese knock-off manufacturers will not produce something with B&M's quality in the near future even though some of B&M's coasters already are as rough as some medium level Chinese knock-off coasters. Plus, technically B&M is using Intamin/Giovanola's track style.

B&M is using Intamin/Giovanola's track style.

...which was conceived while Bolliger and Mabillard were both working for Giovanola. They did help design Shockwave, after all.

I've only ridden X Flight but actually enjoyed it. I love how every seat provides a totally different experience, more than most "normal" coasters. I personally love the back because the forces are so much greater, but the front also gives a great feeling of flying and freedom. Could they be more intense? Maybe. But are they a good coaster for most parks? Totally.

I've had rides on Wild Eagle and X-Flight that I really enjoyed, and also some that I really did not enjoy! Gatekeeper I had one decent ride, the rest were crap. Lifeless! Slow, bouncy (not in a good way), and the restraints killed me.

I still haven't been on one of these (that will change this summer), but I'm sort of "meh" about the concept. I'd like to be wrong, and will hold out ultimate judgement until after I ride, but my experiences with modern B&M coasters lead me to believe that ultimately I'm not going to be particularly excited about this concept.

dt