TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Windseeker Status

If they did add one to Valleyfair, it would have to be shorter as they have a 275 ft. height limit on their rides.

They could put a full sized Windseeker at VF, it just has to be moved to one end of the park or the other, that would get it out of the flight path of the airport.

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

^ How many times has it gotten stuck at the top? The only one I know of is the one at Carowinds.

There have been a few times, I think the one at Cedar Point has gotten stuck a couple, needless to say I am not even taking the slightest chance of getting stuck on top when visiting this year.

Do they know what the problem is and are having trouble fixing it, or are they still having trouble identifying the problem?

^ How many times has it gotten stuck at the top? The only one I know of is the one at Carowinds.

There have been a few times, I think the one at Cedar Point has gotten stuck a couple, needless to say I am not even taking the slightest chance of getting stuck on top when visiting this year.

Do they know what the problem is and are having trouble fixing it, or are they still having trouble identifying the problem?

No, the problems are different each time varying from structural complications to computer glitches.

Wouldn't it be more logical for CGA to get one?

It might at this point now that they are apparently investing in CGA once again, but when Windseekers were initially popping up there didn't seem to be much desire for Cedar Fair to keep CGA as part of it's portfolio. My guess would be that after the addition of Gold Striker this year, that it will be a few years before we see another large investment....and I would HOPE that it wouldn't be a Windseeker!

Though I have to ask- after what happened do you think another park will install a Windseeker?

In my opinion any new ones would need to be redesigned. The evacuation system they designed for the ones they have now. Will take hours to remove everyone. It can only remove four people at a time and is very slow.

Though I have to ask- after what happened do you think another park will install a Windseeker?

In my opinion any new ones would need to be redesigned. The evacuation system they designed for the ones they have now. Will take hours to remove everyone. It can only remove four people at a time and is very slow.

8 at a time. 4 on each side.

The park owns their own crane.

This EVAC system is a "last resort" method of EVACing guests. If the ride goes down and maintenance says it'll be an hour until carriage can be brought down then they won't use this method.

8 at a time. 4 on each side.

No it's 4 people on the ride at a time with 2 people in the basket on each side to help with the unloading. Total of 4 passengers and 4 people to safely help with the unloading.

Can someone explain to me why the Windseekers are all getting this? I don't know if I missed something or what, but there are tons of tall rides out there that don't need fancy evac platforms that are harder to use than a crane and result in the rides being closed for months!?!?

Can someone explain to me why the Windseekers are all getting this? I don't know if I missed something or what, but there are tons of tall rides out there that don't need fancy evac platforms that are harder to use than a crane and result in the rides being closed for months!?!?

What's funny about KD's situation is that their Windseeker hasn't had the problems that Knott's had.

But what exactly is the problem? It's getting stuck? Are they all getting stuck? Don't other rides randomly get stuck? Is there a time frame where they will use this versus a crane or the fire department? It just seems kind of overkill.

California DOSH ruled in the Knotts situations, that the park and mondial had not provided adequate means to get riders evacuated. In both cases that the ride stalled, the riders were stuck for several hours. Like someone mentioned earlier, if the ride stalls/gets stuck again and maintenance deems it will take longer than a pre-determined amount of time, they will go with this evac system.

And yes it is overkill as it will still take probably two hours before they can even reach the riders.

Edited by ernierocker

California DOSH ruled in the Knotts situations, that the park and mondial had not provided adequate means to get riders evacuated. In both cases that the ride stalled, the riders were stuck for several hours. Like someone mentioned earlier, if the ride stalls/gets stuck again and maintenance deems it will take longer than a pre-determined amount of time, they will go with this evac system.

And yes it is overkill as it will still take probably two hours before they can even reach the riders.

Agreed This is Cal/osha making them have something.