TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Theme Park Studio (TPS) Discussion Thread

ok thanks! This game looks amazing though. I really love how it's sort of a mix between the detail in NL and elements of RCT. I've been looking for something that combines them and this looks like what I've been looking for!

As it says on the Kickstarter, if they reach 130,000 they will be able to release a Mac version of the game. Otherwise the release will be PC only. So if you want to see a Mac version, make sure you pledge.

• Replies 866
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Is the copy of Hyper Rails only included with the $40 pledge and gold set?, I'd want to play it for nostalgia's sake since i had the original but i don't see it on the $50 set with the platinum/early bird special? I'd be\ interested in a Hyper Rails digital download but I also want to participate in the closed beta test. I'd happily donate $60 to get hyper rails and the $50 benefits of early testing (plus another $10 to ship me the boxed version in September of course).

I pledged to this last night too. Even though I would prefer a Mac version, I pledged to support them as it looks excellent and I hope a Mac version will get there eventually. I can easily try it out on my Windows 7 Virtual system for the time being.

I love the idea that users can create track and flat rides themselves in the game. It's this one fundamental part that seems like it will allow this game to live on much longer than other games and give it pretty much unlimited flexibility.

Great work so far Pantera!

Robb, I have heard bits and pieces about this game for the past few months...but just for some clarity; are you helping produce this game as well, and if you are...what's your role?

Looks solid all around. May chip in a few doll-hairs

Just read about the certain goal and Mac version. I'm sorry, but I'm not gonna donate money to have them reach the goal, or get almost to it, then not release a Mac version. You either produce for your target audience or you don't. Why am I suppose to donate when you may or may not include me in your product? I'm sorry to sound bitter here, but I am really excited about the game but really disappointed in the response to creating a Mac version. Maybe I need to hit up Chris about a RCT 4 or another expansion to 3.

Just read about the certain goal and Mac version. I'm sorry, but I'm not gonna donate money to have them reach the goal, or get almost to it, then not release a Mac version. You either produce for your target audience or you don't. Why am I suppose to donate when you may or may not include me in your product? I'm sorry to sound bitter here, but I am really excited about the game but really disappointed in the response to creating a Mac version. Maybe I need to hit up Chris about a RCT 4 or another expansion to 3.

If they hit 130,000 they're going to create a Mac version. I'm a Mac user as well but they need monetary support in order to re-write the game for the Mac. You can revoke your donation before the end date if it doesn't get anywhere close.

They are being upfront about their goals... I don't know what else you can ask for? Game development costs a lot of money, so if you only have so much you build it for the bigger market first.

And think about it, what is more cost effective? Having them build a Mac version, or you donating for a discounted digital download and taking that savings and buying a copy of paralleles or boot camp?

Just my .02

Robb, I have heard bits and pieces about this game for the past few months...but just for some clarity; are you helping produce this game as well, and if you are...what's your role?

My role is simply to help with promotion, and to lend advice where I can based on my years in the video games and theme park business. I guess you can say I'm "helping" to produce it, but I'm not producing it. It's 100% a Pantera Entertainment development.

Could you be any more ruder in your response? It's fine if you don't want to back it. But I just don't see what the point of your response was, other than just be kind of a jerk.

You do also remember that a Mac Version of RCT didn't come until LOOOOOOONG after the initial PC release, right? And it wasn't done by Chris, it was ported by another company, right?

So in short, Pantera is already giving Mac users way more support than RCT did by saying it's on their personal agenda, but they need more funding to get there. I think that's completely reasonable.

Edited by robbalvey

My role is simply to help with promotion, and to lend advice where I can based on my years in the video games and theme park business. I guess you can say I'm "helping" to produce it, but I'm not producing it. It's 100% a Pantera Entertainment development.

Makes sense. i knew you were involved in the video game scene a while back...just wasn't sure if this was an extension of that. Looking forward to the final product

^ No cards are charged or funds accepted if the TPS Kickstarter goals are not met. If they are met, your card will be charged for amount pledged, right after project closes on May 20th. If we don't make goal you will have an extra little $$ to buy yourself something nice with. For more information on funding you can go . HERE.

Theme Park Studio have announced their first Kickstarter update: http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1011099242/theme-park-studio-create-the-ultimate-theme-park/posts/456216

You'll be able to build a Mack Launched coaster like "Blue Fire" or "Manta" in the. Check out the artwork on the KS page. It looks pretty insane!

image-242265-full.jpg

The rides are really realistic! I'm hoping that they make some changes to the terrain and tree textures as right now it feels like the rides and the environment are from different games.

That being said, this is phenomenal work! I'm hoping I can find the funds to pledge soon!

The rides are really realistic! I'm hoping that they make some changes to the terrain and tree textures as right now it feels like the rides and the environment are from different games.

That being said, this is phenomenal work! I'm hoping I can find the funds to pledge soon!

Hi DougMJr, the terrain and environment and waterfalls etc, inTPS are all rendered by the powerful Vista Studio engine. The good news is, unlike RCT, the in-game engine rendering can be controlled and tweaked by you. You can change wind speed, (tress and bushes sway accordingly) water flow and many other features. So to some degree you will be able to control your own environment instead of having preset limitations as in RCT.

There will me some options in the game for terrain texture etc., enough to get you started for sure, but the real options for background and environmental design and the key that will unlock the gates of players imagination is the ease that custom community designed scenery and rides, not only can be made with the Vista Studio engine, but can also be very easily be imported. There will be an official exchange site at the TPS website and I suppose other places as well, that will soon after release be offering a considerable menu of many more environment and texture options along with rides, parks, scenery etc.

We at TPS really think this approach is the next level of theme park simulations and allows the player a whole new level of playability... Welcome to the future.

Out of interest how many people were planning on getting an oculus rift? I'll be honest I hadn't heard that much about it until I saw a lot of people leaving comments on the facebook page and kickstarter of TPS but after researching it, I still wasn't entirely convinced i'd enjoy it on a simulator game, I think riding the rides with it would be fantastic but I wondered if people would use it that much when they are doing construction. A lot of people said they'd donate if it included support so It'll be interesting to see how much the kickstarter funding increases now they've announced it.

This just in from Pantera...

Kickstarter link: http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1011099242/theme-park-studio-create-the-ultimate-theme-park/posts/460459

Due to overwhelming requests from our pledge givers and supporters throughout the gaming community, we are proud to announce Oculus Rift integration into Theme Park Studio. This exciting, cutting edge technology will be included in all versions of the product, with no stretch goal pledges required.

Pantera Entertainment has extensive experience with stereoscopic integration. We have earned Platinum grades on GameGrade3D at www.mtbs3d.com and have also received Nvidia's 5 Star 3D Vision Ready rating.

Besides games, Pantera also develops software for the medical industry. We are the developers behind the Neuro-Vision Rehabilitator software, a product used to treat veterans with impaired vision and balance problems due to traumatic head injuries, a product featured on WCBS news. We also used our engine to develop the 'Computer Orthoptics VTS4'. This software uses 3D stereoscopic functionality extensively, and is currently being used by doctors to treat patients with visual impairments.

We are very excited to announce the merging of our 3D stereoscopic technology into Theme Park Studio. Oculus Rift, integrated into our latest theme park simulation game, is a perfect and inevitable fit. Players will be able to control eye separation and convergence point, allowing them to fine tune their 3D experience and slip into a world of their own creation, and feel like they are actually there.

Imagine walking through your virtual theme park, waiting in line, getting in your coaster, and going on your favorite scream machine, all while being submersed in and surrounded by a stunning virtual experience in stereo 3D. We are happy to do this for those who pledge and support us, with no additional funding required. Oculus Rift integration is yet another way for TPS to help you to open the gates of your imagination and step into the future. Thank you for helping us make Theme Park Studio an awesome experience and an amazing product.

Pantera Entertainment

Theme Park Studio

Oculus-TPS.jpg.86867fa7fb6c1bd87aadadee41c1188d.jpg

Out of interest how many people were planning on getting an oculus rift? I'll be honest I hadn't heard that much about it until I saw a lot of people leaving comments on the facebook page and kickstarter of TPS but after researching it, I still wasn't entirely convinced i'd enjoy it on a simulator game, I think riding the rides with it would be fantastic but I wondered if people would use it that much when they are doing construction. A lot of people said they'd donate if it included support so It'll be interesting to see how much the kickstarter funding increases now they've announced it.

I was already thinking I was going to want one, mostly for Star Citizen. TPS support for it makes it a must-buy now.